Beyond The Dungeon Walls

The Haunted Mansion
Please log in to read the full chapter

Whoa whoa whoa.. What the--? Another update? HURRAH FOR ME~!! *w* This doesn't happen quite often ^^;; I guess this serves as an apology for not being able to update for months at a time XD but anyway~

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH MY LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS, BOTH OLD AND NEW! :'3 This really does mean a lot to me :D

 

The story is approaching its end.. I hope you guys stick around till then~ :'3

 

And please please please, pretty please~

 

Comments are HIGHLY APPRECIATED AND MOTIVATIONAL! :'3 ♥♥♥

 

WARNING: There will be a little more profanity in this chapter than the others. I tried to keep them to a minimal tho XD If you feel uncomfortable with a lot of swearing in stories please do feel free to tell me so I can do something about it ^^;;

 

 

Anyways..On with the story~! >:3

 

 

------------------


 

 

 

 

*Flashback*

"I knew you'd come to, I just knew it!" Josephine said dramatically as she hugged him tighter. Chen awkwardly patted her back.


"Yeah well, you didn't have to try to kill me for me to believe you."


Lady Josephine let out a hearty laugh before extracting herself from the embrace. "Y-you okay?" Chen awkwardly smiled at her.


"I'm fine. I just knew years apart will never change the bond between us." She answered as she gently held Chen's cheeks. Chen shuddered by her touch. Gently he held on to her hands and removed them from his face.


"I don't mean to be rude, though. I mean I do believe I may have something to do with all this since you keep asking me if I 'remember'." He said drawing quotation marks in the air. "But frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about. You called me Gong-il. What was that about?" He asked as gently as he could, with care put in every word, afraid that he would tick off Lady Josephine with one wrong move.



"My, my." Josephine sighed in disappointment. "Time really has changed you. You weren't as questioning as this. If only you remembered."

Chen hesitated for a bit. He was scared of what he was about to do, but he knew it was the only way he could understand, and possibly, help.



"P-perhaps you could... Show me?" He asked hesitantly. And with that said, Lady Josephine's face suddenly lit ip with a slight smile.


"Anything for you, my sweet."

 



---

Little by little, Josephine had been chanting spells with Chen's cooperation to input Hwang Gong-il's memory into Chen's brain. It seemed to have worked, for Chen suddenly remembered memories from his past that he was never a part of. Chen finally understood, that he was without a doubt the reincarnation of the late Hwang Gong-il. He remembered everything. He remembered how he and Josephine met. How they fell in love. How he brought her back from the dead.

 


But alas, the memories he could only gather were selected. He wasn't able to remember how Hwang Gong-il and Jospehines lives went after she came back from the dead. He wasn't able to see the witch in any part of his recollected memories.
 



He also wasn't able to see how Hwang Gong-il died.




"Those memories are as unimportant as they are painful, my love." Josephine stated. "You don't need them back. We are finally together. They won't matter anymore."
 



With Chen's new memories came along everything Hwang Gong-il knew about the house. Every room and where they were placed. Every hide out, every corner. How could he not? Hwang Gong-il designed the mansion himself.
 



Not only that, but every memory Chen gained from Hwang Gong-il's past gave him power. He felt energized, and with this, he knew he was able to control almost anything at will, with only a wave of his hand. Jospehine made sure of this. With his knew found knowledge and power, he smirked in satisfaction.
 



"What are you thinking of, my love?" Josephine sang to Chen. "I have a plan." He answered. "A surprise for you, my lady."



"Will I like the surprise?" She flirtatiously laughed, to which Chen answered with the same tone.
 



"Oh, absolutely."





--------------------
 

 


"Chen, what are you doing?! Chen get a hold of yourself!" You desperately shouted at the mirror while you held on to both sides of it. "Tiffany, do something!" You called to the witch with your eyes not leaving the scene you were seeing on the mirror.

 



It appears the witch had given Chen the ability to control, and so with this, you watched the mirror in horror as Chen lifted both Kai and Luhan out of the nursery room, dragging them in mid-air with an invisible string across the hallways of the mansion. Josephine cradled the baby in her arms as they walked further, with Luhan and Kai struggling to free themselves from Chen's grip. Chen did not listen at all to the pleas of his friends. He mercilessly dragged both of them to the dungeon without blinking. Chen turned to Josephine before he proceeded to go down.

 


"Wait for me, my queen. I will dispose of these men in the dungeon and get back to you soon." He said with a wry smile.

 


"Hey!" Kai called out to Chen. "You know what you can do? You can kiss my , you son of a ! Either that or you can let go of our friend!" Kai's bold and daring character decided to make an entrance, causing him to feel a painful invisible jab him in the gut.

 


"Kai!" Luhan called out. "Chen, what the 's wrong with you?! Come to your senses! I know you can hear me!" But alas, Chen wouldn't listen.

 



"Why don't you just kill them, darling?" Lady Josephine cooed as she glared at the boys with a smirk.

 



"There's no need for that, my lady. Not for now atleast." Chen replied, giving her a reassuring smile. "Besides, we might need more people on our side if we want your plan to work. They might come in handy."

 



And with that said, Chen proceeded to bring Luhan and Kai down the dungeon.

 


---

 


As they passed by multiple prison cells, torches from left to right were magically lit by fire at the snap of Chen's fingers. It didn't take long before Luhan and Kai noticed human skeletons propped within some of the cells.
 

 


"What the actual --" Luhan mouthed. He was already losing it. Suddenly, he and Kai felt being thrown into one of the prison cells. Atlast they were free from Chen's grip. But before they could make a run for it, Chen had already secured the lock.

 



"Chen, what the are you doing?! Let us out now! You're making a mistake!" Kai called. Chen only smirked.

 



"You should be thankful I haven't killed you. Now keep your mouths shut if you want to live a little longer. I suppose you people would have enough brains in those little heads of yours to come up with something to do while I'm away." He said as he walked away laughing. Not once did he turn his head when Luhan and Kai called out to him.
 

 


---
 

 


"Impossible." The witch muttered. She was sure that there was no way Josephine could've taken over Chen's mind. She made sure you already had it occupied. The witch started calculating. 'The spiritual energies of three boys, plus mine, together with the lady that dwells within this body, fully aware of what's going on. There is no way a

Please log in to read the full chapter