The Hallway

The Haunted Mansion
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

------------------------

 

Sehun gulped, making his prominent adam’s apple bob in his throat. He tried to ease the tension as he looked at you and a conversation. “Heh. So! Minnie…” he clapped his hands, breaking the room’s silence. “W-what brings you… here?” That was an awkward question. But since it came from ever-so-awkward Sehun, you didn’t mind.

 

“Probably the same reason as you.” You shrugged as you rubbed your arms with your hands. “Why are you here?” You said redirecting the question to them.

 

“They wanted me to have the bomb shot.” Sehun pouted. “And you didn’t?” You asked.

“I did.” He said.

“Then why are you here?” You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

“They wanted me to have five!” Sehun held out his hand with five fingers up for you to see. “Oh.”

 

On the other hand, Luhan tried to avoid being asked the same question by poking the firewood some more. You noticed how the ‘cool Luhan’ has left his eyes and was replaced with a Sehun number 2. “What about you?” you asked.

“Hm?” he replied, his voice one pitch too high.

“What are you doing here?”

“Heh, don’t you get tired asking too many questions in a day?” he asked while he moved the burning coal with the iron stick, as if he was looking for something in it. You looked up in thought for a second, but shrugged and looked back at him.

“Not really. Why are you here? You tilted your head for him to at least see you in the corner of his eyes. He rolled his own eyes at your stubbornness and shook his head. You moved to his side, eyes wide and glued to him with anticipation. He clicked his tongue and looked at you, your expression unchanged.

“You’re not quitting, are you?” he said.

“You want me to ask again?” you answered, this time a little teasingly. He sighed in defeat (I guess being the sheriff’s daughter gave you a knack for getting answers from people). “I just didn’t want to drink the bomb shot.” Luhan said coolly.

“Because?”

“Because I didn’t want to.”

“So you didn’t drink?”

“Yep.”

 

“Liar!” Sehun raised his voice in protest. “When I came to this room, you were acting all tipsy dancing on top of the toilet in the bathroom shouting ‘MAMA! MAMA!’ before throwing yourself to the bed!” he said while pointing to the direction where the bed was. You leaned back to take a look and true enough, the sheets were a little ruffled. Definitely a sign of a used bed. You looked at Luhan with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. “Poor drinker?” you asked. “NO!” he retorted. “Occasional drinker.” He said with his eyes looking everywhere else but you.

“Oh.” You said, nodding your head sarcastically.

 

The little talk didn’t put your mind at rest though. You took another look at Lady Hyoyeon. You were having a staring contest with her as you asked the brothers another question, never leaving Lady Hyoyeon’s gaze. “What was the name of the 1st princess? Josephine’s daughter?”

 

Luhan chuckled, but he put his serious face back on. “Really, Minnie, it’s no big deal. It’s just a sto

Please log in to read the full chapter