Not Her

The Haunted Mansion
Please log in to read the full chapter

BACK WITH A CHAPTER WOOT WOOT! \m/ School is such a drag, neh? =.=

For those of you who are confused as to why Sunny is not a Hwang princess. Well, I just thought her name sounded too cute to be paired with “Lady” =))))))) lol

Downer: There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SCARY ABT THIS CHAPTER T______T   /wrist

 

I hope you guys don’t get tired of reading this :’s I really at build ups for stories XD but yeah.. tell me what you think? :’3

---

 

Your father sipped his coffee as he read his newspaper. He didn’t seem to mind the mess that your friends created as they fought for their shares of breakfast. The loud clanking of silverware was all that was heard across the table.

 

Mr. Cho popped a nugget into his mouth before he stood. Sunny took her dad’s uniform suspended on a hanger and helped him put it on. “Until when are you all stayin’?” He asked the boys. They shrugged. “We don’t know, Uncle Soo-man.” They said. It didn’t matter anyway because your dad let them stay as long as they liked. “I’m off to work then.” Your dad announced.

“Take care, Dad.” Sunny said.

“Mind your sister and her friends.” He reminded.

“Ok.”

“Hey, Uncle” Xiumin beamed. “Can I get some of that pudding you have in the fridge?” Your dad glared at him. As old and as grumpy as he seemed, you wouldn’t believe he had a big sweet tooth. And so, touching his dessert would be a big mistake. Mr. Cho Soo-man’s sweets were second to you and Sunny on his list of most prized possessions.

“M-maybe not.” Xiumin nervously chuckled as he sank in his seat. Your dad gave a satisfied smile before heading out to the door.

 

Kai was awfully quiet the whole morning. He was never able to sleep the night before, and the dark circles under his eyes showed it. With an appetite like Kai’s he should’ve been able to gobble up his plate in a minute, but now his food was barely even touched. He merely poked holes into his omelette with his fork.

Chanyeol stopped Kai’s hand with his own. “Don’t play with your food.” He said. Kai complied quietly. “You ok, dude?” Baekhyun asked, making all heads turn. Kai didn’t answer.

 

Sunny stood up and took a couple of trays from the kitchen drawers. She started assembling breakfast for you and Tiffany. Kai figured as much and stood abruptly, walking towards Sunny. “Let me help you with that, Noona.” He said, taking one of the trays in his hands as he walked ahead of the stairs. I have to talk to her. He thought.

 

Your sister was dumbfounded. She had watched all of you grow up, and this was the first time Kai had helped her carry anything. She was puzzled even more when she felt that the tray in her hands was also taken away. “I’ll take this, Noona.” Luhan smiled as he followed Kai. Sunny looked at the other boys with question marks over her head. They all shrugged at the same time as they chewed more on their food. No one planned on telling her anything about what was going on.

 

---

 

You were humming as you brushed Tiffany’s hair. You tried to act as cheerful as you could, talking to her about anything that came to mind. Tiffany didn’t speak, though. She didn’t even move. It was like no blood ran through her veins. She stared blankly into space, almost without blinking. You were giving up. It’s been like this since last night, and you were honestly getting tired. You stopped brushing her hair. “Tiffany, please.” You begged.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. “Come in.” You called. As soon as Kai stepped in, Tiffany raised her head. Her eyes were locked on Kai’s. It was the first time she had moved the whole morning. Kai placed the tray on your small tea table (a gift from Tiffany long ago). He reached for Tiffany’s hand. “You have to eat something.” He said with a gentle smile. You caught Tiffany smile a little as she stood from your bed and walked towards Kai. Luhan placed the tray he carried carefully on your bed. “Minnie, you should eat too.” He said. You nodded, but your eyes never left Tiffany and Kai. What’s up with these two? You thought. They’ve never been this close.

 

Luhan motioned for you to eat. You obeyed but only took small bites from your plate as you watched Tiffany do the same. It went on like this for a while. No one spoke a word. It was getting too overwhelming, so you finally talked. “Would somebody please tell me what’s going on?” You looked at Kai and Tiffany, and finally Luhan, hoping he’d shed some light on the situation. But Luha

Please log in to read the full chapter