The Lady's Curse

The Haunted Mansion
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Been gone for very long and I'm REALLY REALLY SORRY T________T Back with a chapter though :'3 plus a Luhan oneshot for all of you after I post this *w*

 

 

Back to the story: So... some of you thought that there was another witch. Well, thing is I'd like to confuse you people by saying that THERE IS ONLY ONE WITCH in this story ;) Have fun reading, my lovlies~ ♥

 

-------

 

“She grew very fond of the Hwangs and decided to grant them all the riches that they wanted. Everything they wished for. Anything.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

… Anything.

 

--1812-- 

Hwang Gong-il’s eyes glistened as the candlelight hit his line of sight. He watched fearfully as the elderly woman chanted in a dreadful language that sounded foreign to his ears. His legs were shaking, but he didn’t care. As long as he could save his wife, he didn’t care even if he asked the devil himself for help.

 

And ask the devil he knew he did.

 

The elderly woman’s chants began to sound louder, almost to the point of wailing. With every unknown word escaping her lips, Hwang Gong-il’s heart beat harder and faster. Finally she stopped. She lifted a dagger and dragged it across her palm with a wince. She positioned her bloody clenched fist above an old wooden chalice and let the blood drip. With every drop, the old lady panted for air. She held on to anything she could with her other hand to support herself.

 

Hwang Gong-il rose to his feet, attempting to help her, but she protested. “Do not interfere.” She commanded.

“B-but you’re dying.” He reasoned. He was right.

“I said don’t!” She boomed. He sank back into his seat and watched with agony and guilt as the witch risked her life for his beloved Josephine.

 

The process was soon completed. It was signaled by a toothless smile of satisfaction on the witch’s face before she dropped to the floor. Hwang Gong-il rushed to her side and shook her hard, but she remained motionless. He searched the room and saw his wife lying peacefully on the wooden table the witch had prepared for her earlier. He remembered the witch’s instruction.

“Let her drink every single drop of my blood from this chalice.”

 

He sat next to his wife and propped her up. With one arm supporting her weight, he brought the chalice to her already parted lips with his free hand. Oh, how Hwang Gong-il felt disgusted to the core. But what else could he have done? Lady Josephine, the love of his life, was carrying his first child. If he loses her, he loses his family. He loses his life.

 

He made sure not to let a single drop get wasted. Soon enough, he felt his wife get warmer in his hands. He felt her heartbeat against his body as he held her. Josephine’s eyes fluttered open and looked straight into Hwang Gong-il’s. She whispered his name, which he replied to with a longing, tight embrace.

“Oh, Josephine.” He softly cried as he buried himself in his wife’s scent. He opened his eyes and saw that he still held the chalice in his hand. It was still half full.

 

---

“Let her drink every single drop of my blood from this chalice.” The witch ordered.

“But you said you will die if we perform this ritual.” Hwang Gong-il answered. “You would risk your life for my wife? For my family? For people you barely even know?”

The elderly woman smiled gently. “I have lived a very long life already. Far too long.” She explained. “It is time I pay nature back what’s rightfully theirs. I have cheated death for far too many years.” Again she gave the man a reassuring smile. But it only made guilt tug on his heart even more.

--- <

Please log in to read the full chapter