Chapter 2

I'll protect you

How was I supposed to answer this? I don't want to hurt her!..Ugh!! This is so complicated!!

 

Krystal released her hands on mines then writes on a piece of paper in her binder.

 

"Fany unnie's confused. Not sure who to pick when it's obvious that she'll always choose Jessica unnie. In denial and doesn't want to admit that she, too, loves unnie." I heard her say to herself as she wrote.

 

"Yah! You're not writing all of that down, right?" I asked. Why's she going to share that with her class? 

 

"I am! Now shush! Anyways, since you can't choose, is it alright if I say that you chose me?" she asked.

 

"What? Why?" 

 

"Because this will make it much more interesting, especially since Jessica unnie's going to be there when I read this to the class." she smirks.

 

O_o I knew it. She's evil. No wonder Jessi talks about her alot.

 

"No! Don't Krys.."

 

"Why? It wouldn't matter right? I mean you hurt her already." she says, serious.

 

"I..I never meant to.."

 

"I know unnie.. this is the other reason why I chose you. You're complicated and you make things so simple, complicated." she continues to write. I tried to take a peek at it but she closes her binder.

 

"Unnie, I know that you'll probably choose me because you don't want to hurt my feelings but we both know that you love Jessica unnie. And besides, I don't even care if you like me or not. You're like Jessi.. You're like my second older sister." she smiles.

 

I smiled back.

 

"And you're like my younger sister." I said. Even though I don't have any siblings.

 

"Hehe.. I know that unnie. Anyways, I think you should go." she says all of a sudden.

 

"Huh? Why? I just got here." 

 

"Just go. I hear footsteps coming and my parents never bother to check on me." she panics.

 

"Wait! Then that's-" "Yes! Now go hide in the closet!" She pushed me into her large closet and closes it. 

 

T_T How rude and it's freakin dark as well. I sat down, crossed legged.

 

After about 15 minutes, Krystal opens up the closet and lets me out.

 

"Sorry about that. Jessica unnie came up to check on me." she rubs her arms.

 

I walked over to the window and opened it.

 

"I'll see you?"

 

"Yeah, bye unnie." she hugs me then I jumped from the window.

 

I ran to the front but hid in the bushes when I see Jessica with Taecyeon by his car.

 

He tries to lean down and give her a kiss but she backed away. 

 

He seemed disappointed.

 

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He says then enters. His car finally takes off.

 

Jessica sighs and walks back into the house.

 

I won't lie. I'm happy that Jessica rejected his kiss.

 

I can still taste her sweet lips that touched mines 2 weeks ago.

 

Why was I such a fool to push her away?

 

I'm deeply in love with her.

 

She still loves me, right? I'm probably wrong if I tell myself yes.

 

I stood up and ran down the street, making my way home, feeling the night breeze brush against my face.

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

The next morning, I went over to Jessica's. I'm going to make her forgive me. I won't take no as an answer. I need my bestfriend. I feel so lost without her. Maybe because I'm so used to having her boss me around.

 

"Why are you here?" Jessica asked me.

 

"I want to apologize." 

 

"I don't need your apologies." She was obviously still mad at me.

 

"Please... I never meant to hurt you.." 

 

"But you did.."

 

I know.. I hurt you so bad Jessi, but I'm hurting myself as well.

 

"i know.."

 

"And you yelled at me. You didn't come after me. You ignored me in class and now you're deciding to talk to me again? What do you expect me to do?" She asked.

 

"Forgive me.." 

 

"No.." She said and shook her head. "Did you think that it'll be that easy? I can't see myself being friends with you again." 

 

I didn't know what to do anymore. She completely kicked me out of her life.

 

She gave me a light push and walked away.

 

I was left standing in the front of her house, tears now rolling down my cheeks.

 

I ended up skipping school, going to clubs and getting drunk. 

 

I went to the bathroom and puked. I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror.

 

I couldn't recognize myself anymore. What have I become? I look so weak. I wanted to blame this on Jessica but I couldn't bring myself to do so.. I blamed myself. 

 

By the end of the day, I end up going home and passing out the moment I end up on the couch.

 

And this didn't happen just once. 

 

After a month, Jessica started to open up to Taecyeon. I knew it was too late.

 

Jessica and me are always partners during projects and I always ended up doing all of the work while she went to play with him.

 

It hurts..

 

Jessica sat besides me in class.

 

"Did you finish the project?" she would ask.

 

I would just nod, scared that if I said something wrong then I might make things worst between us.

 

This was the only time we would speak to eachother.

 

"Now you can't even speak to me? Did you lose your voice or something?" She scoffs then stands up and walks to another table.

 

God, I hate her. She's not the only one hurt!

 

I clenched my fist and stand up then left the classroom. The teacher called my name but I ignored him.

 

I don't give a anymore!

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

I was about to leave campus when a group of girls shouted my name.

 

"Tiffany!! Wait up girl!" That was Sooyoung's voice.

 

"Oh. Hey guys." I wasn't in the mood to stay and chat.

 

"You ditching? Cool, we are too! How 'bout we hit the clubs?" said the tan one. I think her name was Yuri.

 

"Yeah.. sure.." I answered.

 

We were heading off when I heard another voice that I didn't really want to hear at this moment.

 

"Tiffany!" Jessica screamed as she ran towards us.

 

I sighed then,

 

"What Jessica?" I wasn't in the mood to talk to her.

 

"Where are you going?" Now she's worried? Wasn't she just pissed off at me? This girl is so bipolar!

 

"Why do you care where I go?" I said in a cold tone.

 

"Because..."

 

"Whaever." I followed the girls as we walked to the bus stop.

 

Jessica followed me.

 

I got more and more frustrated.

 

She held onto my shirt from the side.

 

"Don't go.." she whispers. Her eyes locked on mines.

 

I swallowed hard.

 

What was I supposed to do?