Chapter 5

I'll protect you

A/N: No, this is not the last chapter. ;) 

 

 

Tiffany's point of view:

 

I finished packing everything I wanted to bring along with me to California; clothes, shoes, accessories, money, photos, phone, and of course, my totoro stuff toy. 

 

But I'm not leaving until tomorrow morning. 

 

As I drank my glass of cold water, my door bell rang.

 

I looked at the door, confused.

 

Who could that be?

 

 

***

 

 

Jessica's point of view:

 

What's with this traffic? There's never traffic at this time of night! Why today? Why now?

 

I became frustrated because I wanted to see Tiffany really badly but the cars weren't moving because of the traffic jam.

 

I took out my phone and call her. She didn't pick up.

 

When 5 minutes passed and we still weren't moving, I got out of the car and ran.

 

"Miss. Jessica!" The driver says but I didn't answer, I just continued to run. I had to see my Tiffany!

 

I made it to her apartment and knocked on her door nervously and panting for air.

 

No one answered.

 

I knocked again.

 

Still she didn't answered.

 

The door never opened.

 

I became impatient and knocked harder, almost waking up the next door neighbors.

 

Why aren't you opening the door?

 

Suddenly, her neighbor came out and says to me,

 

"A while ago, Tiffany left with her father."

 

I frowned.

 

"Where?"

 

The woman shrugs.

 

"I'm not sure where but she was carrying her stuff with her." she tells me.

 

No.... Fany can't leave me... 

 

I dropped onto my knees and cried.

 

The woman and her husband watched me suffer. They tried to calm me down but that only made it worst. 

 

I stood up and ran.. I didn't know where to. I just ran..

 

Hoping that if I ran hard enough, I'll find Tiffany.

 

But after a long time, I knew that it was useless. I gave up and went home. I ran passed a confused Krystal.

 

"Unnie?!"

 

I ran up to my room and slammed the door closed, locking it.

 

I cried and screamed loudly, punching my pillow and drowning myself in tears.

 

Why? Why did you leave me?

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Tiffany's point of view:

 

"Are you sure you want to go?" daddy asked me.

 

I sat across from him at a table in the noodle resturant.

 

"I don't know.."

 

"Well, did you tell Jessica?" he asked. Daddy knew that we have been best friends since we met.

 

I shook me head.

 

"You should tell her." he tells me.

 

Should I?

 

"I'll think about it, daddy." I said.

 

He sighs.

 

"Honey, just do it. Before you regret it later." 

 

He gave me the keys to his car.

 

"Daddy, how will you get home?" I asked him.

 

"Don't worry darling, I have ways." he winks at me and urges me to go, like go as in right now!

 

I nodded, following his orders and went to the car and drove to Jessica's.

 

But I was nervous or was that just because I was a bit drowzy from the alcohol?

 

I arrived at Jessica's in a few minutes then parks the car in front of the house. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

 

The door opens and I see Krystal crossing her arms and frowning at me.

 

"She's upstairs." she answers before I could ask.

 

"Thanks?" I entered the house and ran upstairs to Jessica's room. I heard her screaming and crying. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I knocked.

 

Jessica shouts.

 

"Go away!"

 

I knocked again but this time a bit louder.

 

*Crash!*

 

Did she just throw something at the door?

 

I gulped.

 

She seems really upset..

 

"J..Jessi! It's me.. Tiffany.." I said and knocked.

 

The crying went down and the door slowly opens up.

 

"Tiff.." Jessica's eyes were red and she looks like a mess, worst than me.

 

"What's wrong, Jessi?" I asked.

 

She hugs me and cries.

 

"I.. thought you left me.." she says and sniffs.

 

I felt bad. Daddy was right. I would regret leaving without telling her.

 

"Shh.. I didn't leave Jessi.."

 

"Don't leave me.." 

 

"Jess.."

 

She looks up at me then leans her face closer.

 

I noticed that she wanted a kiss.

 

I leaned back.

 

"Why?"

 

I gulped. She unwraps her arms from me and takes a step back.

 

"Why do you keep on denying your love for me?" She brusts.

 

How did she know?

 

"I know what mom did to you! and I know that you just wanted what's best for me, but that's not what I want! If you wanted me to be happy then let me be happy with you." She wipes her tears.

 

I pulled her close.

 

She was startled by my action.

 

"You're right, Jess. I do love you." I confessed, unable to hold my own tears. 

 

She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me into her room before closing the door.

 

"Finally." Jessica whispers and leans forward and pressed her lips against mines.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

The two girls layed on the bed. One was smiling in happiness while the other was in deep thoughts.

 

"You okay, Tiff?" Jessica asked.

 

Tiffany snaps out of her thoughts.

 

"Y..yeah.." Tiffany stutters.

 

Jessica didn't buy it but she lets it slide this time.

 

"Fany-ah.. kiss me.." Jessica moved closer to Tiffany and wraps her arms around Tiffany's slender waist.

 

Tiffany sighs.

 

"But you're still together with Taec."

 

"No I'm not. We broke up. Now, kiss me." Jessica pouts.

 

Tiffany places her hand onto Jessica's cheeks and gives Jessica a innocent kiss, not really knowing how to kiss.

 

They pull back and Jessica closes her eyes. 

 

"I love you.." Jessica confesses again.

 

"I.. love you, too." Tiffany says back but Jessica was already in deep slumber. She was sleeping so peacefully that Tiffany didn't want to bother her. She lets Jessica continue to hug her.

 

"You must haven't had enough sleep.." Tiffany notices the dark bags under Jessica's eyes. "And it was all because of me.. sorry Jessi."

 

"Stop talking and go to sleep." Jessica whispers.

 

Tiffany follows orders and goes to sleep as well.

 

But after a few hours of sleeping, she wakes up and looks at Jessica.

 

She sadly smiles and traces Jessica's cheeks with her finger.

 

"I'm sorry, Jessi, but I have to go."

 

She got off the bed and wrote a note and left it on the pillow besides Jessica.

 

Then she silently took her leave.

 

She made up her mind. She'll leave for a while then return after she feels that she's done enough to please Mrs. Jung. She's not completely leaving Jessica. She'll just go back to the states and meet her mother and her mother's family and maybe find a job to earn enough cash before returning. Her next plan is to ask Mrs. Jung to let her date her daughter and to propose to Jessica. She thought about this all while being with Jessica.

 

"You're leaving my sister?" Tiffany was startled by a voice from behind as she puts on her shoes.

 

"Krystal? What are you up? It's like 4 in the morning."

 

"I'm always up at this time unnie and don't avoid my question. Why are you leaving my sister?" she asked.

 

Tiffany knew that she couldn't lie. She decides to tell the truth.

 

"I'm not officially leaving. Well maybe for a few months or year but I'll return."

 

"You're hurting unnie." Krystal sat down besides Tiffany and crosses her legs just like Tiffany.

 

"I know but I have a plan."

 

Krystal was confused when she saw Tiffany smiling to herself.

 

"When I return, I'mma ask Jessica to marry me."

 

"What?! No way!" Krystal couldn't help but grin widely.

 

"That's why I'm leaving. I'll get a job and save up money then I'll return. Hopefully, you're mother will accept me then." Tiffany explains.

 

"Does unnie know you're leaving?" 

 

"No.. but will you help me?"

 

"With what?"

 

"Please take care of Jessica while I'm gone and please keep the whole proposal thing a secret." Tiffany begged.

 

Krystal nods and smiles.

 

"Okay unnie." 

 

Tiffany pulls Krystal close and hugs her.

 

"Bye. I'll miss you, little Jung."

 

"I'll miss you, too, unnie."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

It was now 7 o'clock in the morning and Jessica wakes up.

 

She frowns when she finds the bed empty and a note.

 

Jessi, I'm sorry I had to leave this way..

 

Will you be willing to wait for me?

 

I love you...

 

Jessica read with a heavy heart.

 

A tear drips onto the piece of paper.

 

Tiffany...