Chapter 3

I'll protect you

A/N: The beginning will start off with Jessica's point of view :D

 

 

"Did you finish the project?" I asked. I felt bad that I didn't help with anything. While I went to play with Taec, Tiffany was working hard on our project alone.

 

She gives me a nod. Not even taking one look at me? Really Tiff? I couldn't help but feel angry. 

 

I scoffed, "Now you can't even speak to me? Did you lose your voice or something?" I stood up and went to sit at another table. I looked back and saw her stand up. She took her stuff and rushed out of the classroom. 

 

"HWANG TIFFANY!! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" Ms. Lee shout at her but she didn't stop.

 

 I began to worry. My Tiffany has never ever done this before. 

 

This is the first time I have ever seen her act this way. Tiffany's not a bad student. She's actually very nice and helpful. Her smile brings smile to us all but lately, she hardly ever smile nor talk in class. She's not the same old Tiffany anymore..  she changed so much in a month.

 

"May I be excused?" I asked.

 

Ms. Lee just gives me a nod and I took off running after Tiffany.

 

When I caught up to her, I saw that she was with some girls that were also in our class. 

 

I knew that they were planning on ditching so I called out to her.

 

"Tiffany!!" She looked at me.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked, concerned.

 

"Why do you care where I go?" She said to me, coldly. I bit my lip, trying to hide my emotions. I wasn't very good at hiding my emotions well. And she has never been cold to me ever. This is the first. 

 

"Because.."

 

"Whatever." She walked away with the girls.

 

I followed her.

 

I feel that if I don't then she'll run away from me so I held onto her shirt. She stopped and looked at me. I looked at her eyes and noticed that her eyes were telling me that she was in deep pain. They were sad. 

 

"Don't go.." I whispered. I couldn't move on from her. I'm still in love with Tiffany even though she rejected me harshly and made me cry. I still love her.

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

What should I do? 

 

I couldn't think. My mind went blank.

 

She sighed and lowered her head.

 

"Don't go.. please.." 

 

She was about to let go when I said,

 

"Let's go down to the playground and talk things out, Jessica."

 

She looked back, surprised then nods. 

 

I turned to the girls.

 

"I'll see you guys later?"

 

"Yeah. Yeah. Go fix things up!" They said and shoo us away.

 

Me and Jessica ended up walking to the park in silence. We sat on the bench, side by side.

 

"Can I start first Jessica?" I asked.

 

She nods.

 

"I never meant to reject you.. It's just that.. you know.. we can't.." I said.

 

She nods.

 

"But I promise that I'll always protect you. We're still best friends, right?" I asked.

 

Please say yes, Jessi.

 

"I guess.." she spoke softly. 

 

"Just don't ignore me anymore." I begged. 

 

"You too.." She says. "Don't ignore me either, then I won't ignore you."

 

We looked at eachother and smiled. Although we were both hurting, we didn't show it. 

 

"But I still love you, Tiff." she confessed. Her cheeks turned a bit red.

 

I love you, too, Jessi..

 

"We'll always going to stay forever bestfriends, right?" she asked, worried.

 

"Forever." We pinky promised.

 

Then we laughed. It has been so long since I've seen her laugh. I miss it.

 

"Tiff, this is just like that time."

 

"What time?" I asked.

 

"When we got lost." she held my hand.

 

I remember that day.. 

 

***

 

"Huhu.. It hurts!" 12 year old Jessica crys after falling off the swings.

 

"Can you get up?" 12 year old Tiffany asked.

 

Little Jessica tries to stand but she sprained her ankle so she couldn't. Little Tiffany offered to carry her. They were in the forest, alone. It was raining, hard and suddenly thunder was heard. Jessica screamed, scared. She held onto Tiffany tighter.

 

"Don't worry Jessi, I'll protect you." Little Tiffany vowed with a smile.

 

Little Jessica pouts.

 

"Promise?" 

 

Little Tiffany nods.

 

"Promise." Then they locked pinky.

 

***

 

"I promised to protect you." 

 

"You remember." 

 

"Of course I remember." I fixed her hair. "I'll always protect you."

 

Suddenly her phone buzzed.

 

"It's Taec." she says before looking back at me sadly.

 

I gave her a forced smile.

 

"Go.. If he hurts you, tell me. I'll teach him a lesson." It seemed like I was joking but I wasn't. I meant it. If he hurts her, I won't be nice. 

 

"Like you can!" She teased.

 

"Maybe.. " Maybe I can..

 

She stood up and stretched.

 

"I'll see you?" 

 

"Yeah.. bye Jessi." We waved goodbye and I watched her leave.

 

Am I doing the right thing? Is sacrificing my own happiness the right thing to do? Maybe.. 

 

I just want the best for you, Jessi..

 

 

TBC ^^