Chapter 4

I'll protect you

A/N: To answer some of your questions, yes, I am SayHi2Me on soshified. And thankyou for finding my stories interesting ;D And will Fany confess her true feelings? Maybe? And it's not only money problem that's in the way but because of other reasons. You'll find out soon what the other reasons are. Anyways, just enjoy this chapter :)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A couple of days later.

 

Tiffany's point of view:

 

Me and the girls decided to go to the club. We were there for about 2 hours and I was feeling a bit drunk after drinking too much. I felt like puking so Sooyoung and Yuri helped me to the bathroom. We were walking through the crowd when we saw two familiar figures leaning against the wall in the dark corner, lips locking. My heart shattered into one million pieces. I looked away and went to the toliet and puked. After I went to rinse my mouth in the sink.

 

I supported myself by holding onto the edge of the sink.

 

Why was Jessi here? Why was she kissing Taecyeon? Oh right, they're together. 

 

"Haha.. I'm such a fool. Why must I lie to my heart? I do love you.." I said to myself not knowing that someone walked in.

 

"Huh? Did I hear correctly? You love who?" I knew that voice very well. I didn't look at that person. I was scared.

 

"Fany, who do you love?" she asked.

 

I didn't answer.

 

"Is that the reason why you rejected me? It's because you love someone else?" I quickly turned around to face that person.

 

"Jessica..." 

 

She shook her head and forced a smile although I saw tears roll down her cheek.

 

"I really don't know what to say." she says, sobbing.

 

I gulped. Why must she hear that? 

 

"Good luck." She turned around and runs back out leaving me alone.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jessica's point of view:

 

She loves someone else. 

 

That someone isn't me..

 

I turned back around and ran. Why wasn't it me? I couldn't hold back anymore. I let myself cry. When I got back to Taec, he asked me what happened. I didn't tell him. He wipes my tears and kissed my forehead.

 

I hugged him and whisper,

 

"Take me home.." 

 

"Okay darling." he whispers and leads me out of the club.

 

Even in his embrace, I didn't feel warm.

 

When we got into the car, I saw Tiffany standing by the entrance looking straight at me. She was crying as well.

 

Fany... what's happening to us?

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

No one's POV:

 

Tiffany went home and slumps onto her bed. She hugs her totoro toy tightly.

 

"This is for the best, right? Haha. I'm so drunk. Why am I talking to a toy?" she chuckles at herself.

 

"This is all Mrs. Jung's fault. She's the reason why I'm suffering."

 

 

***

 

Flashback:

 

16 year old Tiffany was sleeping over at the Jungs again.

 

Tiffany was still awake even though everyone was already sleeping including Jessica.

 

She smiles to herself as she admires Jessica's beauty. Unconsciously, she leans forward and plants a kiss on Jessica's cheeks.

 

What did I do? she thought. And unknowingly, someone was watching and that someone was Jessica's mother.

 

Tiffany now could go to sleep happily. She hugged Jessica tightly and went to sleep.

 

The next morning, she was called out by Mrs. Jung.

 

"I saw what you did last night." Mrs. Jung says, not pleased.

 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Jung."

 

"I disapprove of this! My Jessica cannot be with a girl, especially one who doesn't even have money! How can you expect to take care of her when you can't even take care of yourself?" Tiffany didn't say anything as she listens to Mrs. Jung talk badly of her.

 

"I trust that you don't think about taking away her happiness. Don't you agree that she should be with someone who has money to take her places and support her?" 

 

"But I can protect her." 

 

"Can you protect her enough? I'll approve of you two if you can show me how much you can love her and when you have the money in your pocket." Mrs. Jung says before Jessica came in the office.

 

"What's going on here mom?"

 

"Nothing sweetly. You may go, Tiffany and remember what I told you." 

 

Jessica held Tiffany's hands and takes her out.

 

Tiffany on the other hand kept thinking about what Jessica's mother said.

 

I love Jessica.. but I can't be with her unless her mom approves.. so all I have to do is do what Mrs. Jung expects me to do.

 

End of flashback:

 

***

 

 

In Jessica's room

 

Jessica sat on her bed and wipes her tears again.

 

"Stupid Fany.." she mumbles.

 

But then she thought back to why Tiffany was crying.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when her mother walked in.

 

"Mom.."

 

"What's wrong sweetie?" 

 

"Nothing.." 

 

Mrs. Jung felt guilty. She sighs knowing the reason.

 

It's because of Tiffany again, isn't it? That child really listens well. Who am I to ruin their happiness? she thought.

 

"Sweetie, I have something to say." 

 

Jessica plays with her fingers.

 

"What mom?"

 

"Did you know the reason behind Tiffany's rejection when you confessed to her?" Her mother was nervous.

 

"What do you mean mom?" asked Jessica. "Wait, how do you know that she rejected me?"

 

"Well.. I'm kinda the reason why she rejected you." says Mrs. Jung, looking away from her shocked daughter.

 

"Mom!! What did you do?!" Jessica screamed at her mother, still in shock.

 

"I.... was just wanting you to have the best like any other mother Jessica. You can't blame me." 

 

"But what did you do mom?!" 

 

"I told your friend....."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Tiffany takes out her phone and calls her father.

 

"Daddy, I want to go to the U.S. and live with mommy." 

 

"Are you sure?" her father asks.

 

Tiffany sobs.

 

"Yes daddy. I want to leave now.." 

 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" asked her father.

 

"I..I'm just thinking about how much I miss mom and how much I'll miss you daddy." It wasn't a lie but that was only half of the truth.

 

"Okay, I'll call her and tell her." says her father.

 

Tiffany's mother and father are divorce. Her mother is actually very wealthy. Tiffany's mother wanted Tiffany to live with her but Tiffany didn't want to leave her father. She knew her father would be lonely and sad so she decided to stay with him instead of staying with her mother. Her mother was now married to another man.

 

"Thankyou daddy." 

 

The call ends.

 

"I should get packing.." she mumbles to herself and grabs her pink luggage from the closet.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Jessica's pont of view:

 

"She loves you, Jessica!" I ignored my mom and walked out of my room and downstairs. I put on my shoes and told my driver to drive me to Taecyeon's. I'm going to end everything with him.

 

I love Tiff. not him.

 

Tiff loves me..

 

She was suffering as much as I was..

 

I couldn't believe that my mom could be this cruel? How can she say those cruel things to Fany? 

 

I arrived at Taec's and I waited until he came down.

 

"You're here.. why?" he asked, confused.

 

"I'm here to break up with you." I said.

 

He sighs.

 

"Okay.. I knew this was going to happen anyways. Did she tell you that she loves you?" he winks at me.

 

I frowned.

 

"Tell me? You knew?"

 

"Oh.. she didn't? and yeah I knew.. how could I not? She gives you those stares and smiles even from afar. How could I not tell that she loves you? Anyone could tell." he says.

 

"But I didn't."

 

"That's because you're slow."

 

"Yah!" I punched him.

 

"Okay, we broke up. Now go find your prince charming." 

 

I smiled to him and ran back into the car.

 

I was now heading to Tiff's.