Chapter 1

I'll protect you

 

She pushed me against the wall and crashed her lips onto mines. I felt numb. I didn't know how to react. She pulled away and stared into my eyes.

 

"Fany, I'm in love with you.." she said.

 

I blinked not knowing how to answer her.

 

"Say something, Fany.."

 

"No.." I whisper.

 

"What?"

 

"No! You can't be in love with me!" I screamed at her. 

 

She was taken back. Her eyes filled up with the pain I gave her. I never meant to push her away.

 

"I... I'm sorry... I'll leave now.." She took a step back then left me standing at my spot, frozen. 

 

"What did I just do?" I told myself.

 

I watched as she got farther and farther away from me..

 

 

 

**

 

 

When I saw her again, it was about 2 weeks later. We were at school. She was eating with Ok Taecyeon. I heard that they are now dating. 

 

I didn't expect her to move on that fast.

 

But it should be a good thing, right? Because I can't be with her..

 

It's not that I don't love her. It's just that we're both different. 

 

She's an heirless of the Jung's cooperation while I, Tiffany Hwang, is just the daughter of Jessica's driver, Henry Hwang. We can't be together. I do love her. I love her so much but I just couldn't take her life away from her. She's better off with someone who can satisfied her needs, buy her nice things, and take her out on dates. I can't even afford to take her out on one date.

 

We met when we were both 10. My dad decided to take me with him to work. He had to pick up Jessica. When I met Jessica, she was so cold, yet so cute. We became friends instantly. I was her only bestfriend. We did everything together. As we grew older, she became possessive. I didn't mind though because I loved her. She didn't let me have other friends and when I asked her why, she didn't tell me.

 

But that lead up to that day when I pushed her away for the first time and rejected her.

 

I promised to protect Jessica but I was the one who ended up hurting her. When I waited for Jessica near the lockers after school, a couple of girls from my english class came up to me and asked for help. I didn't have anything better to do so I just helped them with their homework while waiting for Jessica who was taking rather long because she has cheerleading practice.

 

When practice was done, she came into the locker room to find me with other people and got mad.

 

She dragged me outside where there was no one and slammed me into the lockers and yeah.. now I don't think  we're friends anymore. But I'll always protect her even if I have to protect her from afar to make sure she's okay, I'll do it. 

 

Right now, I sat with my classmates, Sunny and Hyoyeon who knew about my situation. Jessica and Taecyeon sat two tables away from us. I caught Jessica glancing at me time by time.

 

"She's looking at you again, Fany. Why don't you say something. It's abvious that you two want to talk to eachother." Sunny says.

 

I slouched on my seat.

 

"Nah.. I'm alright with just being able to see her." 

 

"You sure?" asked Hyo.

 

I nodded and took a glance at Jessica. She was now being all touchy touchy with Taec or the # 1 Jock of the football team. He's also rich as well.. Just perfect. I bitterly thought.

 

"Hey, how 'bout we go swimming later at the water park?" I suggested.

 

"Okay! This will be so fun!" Sunny squeals.

 

"Fany, is it alright if we invite some of our friends?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

"Sure." I sighed.

 

I saw Jessica give me a cold glare. 

 

I looked away when the teacher came in and started the lessons.

 

After class ended, I went up to Jessica for the first time in the past two weeks.

 

"Do you want me to take you home?" I asked.

 

Jessica only ignores me and grabs her bag then makes her way over to Mr. Jock.

 

"Are you ready, Taec?" she asked. Her voice was soft and it hurted me. 

 

"Yeah babe. Let's go. Your place again?"

 

"Yeah. Daddy wants to have dinner with you again." Jessica says.

 

I could only bit my lip, holding back my tears.

 

Is this how it feels like to be pushed away and ignored?

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

*At the pool*

 

From: Lil Jung

Unnie, come over now! I need help on my homework! 

To: Tiff unnie

 

"Leaving so soon?" The girls asked.

 

"Yeah.. I had fun today."

 

It wasn't a lie. I haven't had fun in so long. Hanging out with new friends was fun but never as fun as hanging with my bestfriend.

 

I miss Jessi but she hates me now.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

I snuck in Krystal's room by climbling through the window on the second floor. If Jessica saw me here, she would throw a fit and kick me out. They're having dinner downstairs. Krystal already had dinner so she skipped.

 

We sat on the floor, in front of the mini table that she used for working on her homework.

 

"What do you need help on, Krystal?" I asked her.

 

She pouts a bit then opens her binder to a bunch of english homework.

 

"English? But you know english very well." 

 

"But I have to write about who inspires me the most and I chose you!" she pouts.

 

I gave her a smile.

 

She's like my younger sister.

 

"And you chose me?"

 

She nods.

 

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

 

Her lips curved up into a devilish grin.

 

"Who do you like the most? Me or Jessica unnie?" she asked as she reached over and held my hands.