Make Over

Cupid's Bachelors

 

 

I tapped my finger nervously on the arm of the chair, unsure of what was going on around me. Yes I could see various people in black running frantically about from one end of the room to another as one worked on my hair. I knew rather quickly, my locks would be dyed again when the smell hit my nose like a freight train.

 

I cringed but kept it to myself. Change was inevitable and I myself had agreed to this; I allowed them to follow through Cupid’s plan without a complaint or squeak. I honestly didn’t know how much time had been spent on my hair let alone dye process; but I wanted to doze off for quite a while.

 

I still cannot understand just how much time girls actually place on their looks; especially those that seemed to change their appearance every week. Suffering through this boredom was not something I planned to do often, but clearly women didn’t mind it one bit. The only time I was absolutely nervous about this whole process was when the lady picked up a pair of scissors, I knew it was time to part from my hair.

 

 

Taking in a deep breath I watched and felt the woman cut off my long length of hair, but I appreciated the fact that my head wasn’t practically shaved off. I was curious about the end of this makeover for I was kept in the dark and away from mirrors. I didn’t like surprises but who was I to say anything when again, I was the one who agreed.

 

Also, the others were kept away from me as well or more like I was in the back room while the rest waited out in the salon. Cupid was my only companion in this process as it progressed and I heard him mutter a few comments. Surprisingly, his presence seemed to ease my nerves as he gave my hand a squeeze.

 

Cupid was definitely a kind young man, rich man to be exact. He was well mannered, laid back and patient and I had to give him my respect when he didn’t say a word at my older cousin Heechul when he began to bark about our agreement. He simply sat there and took it with full stride; it was hilarious to see my cousin’s reaction at the lack of reaction from the bachelor.

 

I shut my eyes as heat was blasted into my hair and tossed around. The growing excitement made me uneasy, but when I glanced at Cupid and saw that huge grin on his lips, I knew it would be alright. The eldest bachelor helped me out of my seat and guided me to another where there was definitely an array of contacts.

 

I furrowed my brow and Cupid must have seen my confusion for he explained what was going to happen.

 

“To complete your transformation, we need a little more shine in your eyes Tae.”

 

Cupid then nodded towards a man who quickly took a spot beside me. The man gave me a few instructions on how to put on the contact without a mirror and it was a little intimidating. Having Cupid there, however, reassured me and surprisingly I slipped them in without a hitch. I was then handed a balm and told to used it, I did.

 

Cupid again called me to follow him and once I stood, I instinctively reached for my hair when I felt a cool breeze hit my now almost . It was considerably short from the original, but still considered long for standard short hair. I bit my lower lip, wondering if I was finally going to see what I look like. I only stopped following Cupid when he suddenly turned around and gazed at me intently.

 

His lips quickly formed a grin and he nodded.

 

“You are absolutely breath taking,” he complimented and I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

 

“E-eh?!” I cried surprised.

 

Cupid chuckled before he told me to wait.

 

“I’ll call out your name and come out alright. You’ll see the other’s reactions before you see your transformation.”

 

“But why?” I whined with a pout on my lips.

 

“Much more interesting that way Tae.”

 

I really wanted to hit the man right then and there, but before I could lift my finger or open my mouth Cupid suddenly turned the corner and began to call out.

 

“Well, are you guys ready to see Tae the Bachelor?”

 

“Will you just show me my cousin?! If you hurt a hair on his head you are all dead!” Heechul hissed and I froze at his slip of the tongue.

 

“Calm down, ‘he’ looks stunning,” Cupid replied and I let out a sigh of relief; it appeared none of them had noticed the slip up.

 

“Tae, come on out please,” he called.

 

I took in a deep breath, closed my eyes and began to walk. I kept my gaze down towards the floor when I opened my eyes but I was welcomed with gasps from all around. Slowly I raised my head and could clearly see the shock that adorned everyone’s faces. Again I bit my lower lip and wondered if I looked bad.

 

“What did you do to her?” asked Key suddenly breaking the silence as he stood up from the couch, his eyes still on me.

 

“She really looks like a boy now,” Jinki voiced in as he stood up followed by Jonghyun.

 

“Amazing,” he said and Minho simply remained silent as he stood beside him with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

Their eyes were all wide, but Minho had the most shocked face compared to the others.

 

“Wow,” I heard my cousin mutter and I felt my face flush once again.

 

“You ready Tae?” asked Cupid and I turned to stare at him for a second before nodding.

 

“Ready for what?” asked Heechul.

 

Cupid didn’t reply, simply grinned and sent my cousin a wink before he guided me to a covered mirror; at least I assumed it was one. I stood still as he slowly reached for the cover and pulled it off. There standing before me was no longer the long brown reddish hair that once adorned my face, rather a dirty blonde grey-green eyes beauty.

 

“Is… is that really me?” I finally managed to ask earning a chuckle from Cupid.

 

“It is and I believe my team did a fantastic job on you. But you know this is just step one. You need to learn your so called history as a young bachelor and this is the history people will learn about you when they search you up,” Cupid explained.

 

“What history?” I asked a tad confused.

 

“Your father was an entrepreneur who invented the Straight Curler 300. He was widowed when your mother died giving birth to you and you are the sole heir of the inheritance,” he explained simply.

 

I stared at him as if he had grown three heads; what kind of a story was that?! It sounded much more like it belonged in some novel than a real history.

 

“Your father also happens to be on his death bed when you decide to move here and you stayed by his side until his last breath. Now you are here to start fresh,” he concluded.

 

“What the hell?!” Heechul exclaimed jumping from the chair and glaring at Cupid.

 

“This isn’t some story or movie drama!” he exclaimed stomping over and pointing a finger at the bachelor.

 

“Never said it was,” he replied smiling at my cousin.

 

It was clear that those words only seemed to anger Heechul and before he could even swing a punch at Cupid, I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back. I sent him a glare before turning my attention to Cupid.

 

“Is that all I need to know?” I asked and received a nod.

 

“Alright, seems easy enough to remember,” I said earning a screech from Heechul.

 

“How can you agree to this?!”

 

“Oh calm down Heechul. It isn’t bad and let’s face it, people believe anything on the internet now anyways,” Cupid exclaimed and it only irritated the tall feminine man even more.

 

I sighed and shook my head; those two were fighting like an angry couple, well Heechul to be exact. As I watched those two continue to bicker, Heechul doing most of it, I felt like I was being watched. I turned my head to come face to face with the four remaining bachelors who had stood up and made their way over. They all seemed a bit serious, but the nerves were quickly pushed away when they all began to smile.

 

“Welcome to the club,” Jonghyun said offering a hand.

 

I took it and smiled at all of them; perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad after all.

 

 

=========================================================================================================

Can't believe I finally got this chapter out and sorry for the wait you faithful readers.

I'm glad to read that you guys are enjoying it and please continue to leave a comment or review, appreciate it!

One question though, who do you want to see Taemin get close to first? :)

Love you all

Deliagem

PS. Tae's Appearance