Chapter 17 - A Note With Flowers

Let's Return To The Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17 - A Note With Flowers

 

Bright. Really really bright. What on earth is that beeping sound? It’s being going on for a while. Getting annoying. Make it stop. Anyone. Stop. STOP. Why isn’t it stopping? At least bring it away. Hey, toes and finger. Can feel. Somewhat. Can hear people rushing around too. Can’t tell what they’re saying.

 

Tried to open eyes. Failed. Why? Tried again. Still failed. Whatever. Too tired for now. Going back to sleep.

 

~~~

 

Dark. Was it night outside? Quiet. Beeping sound still here. Annoying. Ignoring it. Breathing? Is someone beside? Huh, wonder why.

 

Tried to move hands. Can’t. Step by step then. Left hand first. Come on. Come on. Just move already. Hey, it twitched. Now left hand. Ah, a little bit. It’s getting nosier. People screaming.

 

Being prodded at. Stop it. Doesn’t feel nice. GO AWAY.

 

Finally. Peace and quiet now. Raining? Face feel wet. Still tired though. Back to sleep.

 

~~~

 

Still dark. Slept for too long maybe. Quiet though. Good good. Quiet is good. Hands feel heavy. Funny that. Hmm….

 

~~~

 

Hear someone calling. K… Kyu… Kyuhyun? Is that me? Hmm… Annoying buzzing voice. Asking me to wake up? Don’t wanna. Go away. Don’t wanna wake up. Leave me alone.

 

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP.

 

~~~

 

A white ceiling was what he glimpsed during that short span of time when he opened his eyes. Bad mistake. His eyelids returned to their original state almost immediately due to the sudden influx of light that bought pain to his eyes. Let’s try again. This time, he was smarter. Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly, bit by bit, fairly aware of the commotion that was currently surrounding him and the heavy weights on both his hands. The weights were warm though. Instead of the white ceiling that he had previously glimpsed, he was met with a familiar face instead.

 

“H-hyung?” He croaked out, wincing at the hoarse quality of his voice. It was hard to imagine that the scratchy voice once belonged to a deep baritone singer. There was a flurry of activity around him, people in white, he noted. Yet Kyuhyun kept his eyes fixed on his hyung, almost as if the mere action of averting his eyes would cause the other to disappear into thin air. A cup was pressed into his hand and he was helped to sit up slowly. Warm strong hands rested against his back as he leaned into them gratefully.

 

‘Are you ok?’

 

‘Do you need anything?’

 

‘Are you in any pain?’

 

Such questions flew over his head as the male focused solely on the cup in his hand. Hands removed the oxygen mask that was covering his mouth and nose. He bought the cup up to his lips and tipped his head back, relishing in the feeling of cool water sliding down his dry throat. His arm felt weird though and he looked down to see a tube sticking out of it. Kyuhyun’s line of sight followed it until it rested on an IV stand. The empty cup was then taken away from him. His empty fingers skittered around gently, looking for something to hold on to before settling on the blanket instead, bunching it up in his hands.

 

Everything felt surreal. There was a heavy fog in his mind. And he was slightly overwhelmed by everyone crowding around him and the noise that they were making. A group of familiar faces surrounded him but somehow, he could not put a name to any of them. The young male let out a tired sigh as lethargy settled down on his shoulders, making his body feel heavy. He was once again gently laid back down onto the bed, the slight scent of antiseptic drifting into his nostrils. Fingers gently dusted across his forehead, soothing out furrowed brows as the noise around him gradually settled down and he finally succumbed to sleep.

 

The next time he woke up, it was back to the white ceiling but the weight on his hands were still there. His mind no longer felt like it was wading through a heavy mist. Kyuhyun stared at the ceiling for numerous seconds before blinking and turning to his side. Oh… he could finally place a name to that face. He turned to the other side. Him too. Both figures were asleep, their heads resting on the crook of their elbow of their other hand that wasn’t holding Kyuhyun’s.

 

Kyuhyun fidgeted slightly in his bed, unsure of what to say or what to do. The room was surprisingly devoid of any other people, given the noise level that he had experienced during his previous awakening. The slight movement disturbed the two males on his sides and they both blinked their eyes open sleepily. The baritone singer watched them quietly, slightly mesmerised by the sight and curious to their reactions.

 

Not one to disappoint, both males snapped to being fully awake upon seeing Kyuhyun looking at both of them. “Kyu!” Donghae gasped out. The said male pushed himself up into a sitting position, only to huff when he realised that his arms were still a tad too weak to support his weight. His hyungs were on their feet at once, more than happy to help. Once comfortably settled, he returned his attention to them.

 

“W-what…” He trailed off, unsure of where to start

 

“Do you remember what happened before? The anti fan?” Siwon asked worriedly, letting out a relieved sigh when he received a nod in reply.

 

“She was bought to court and charges were pressed against her for attempted murder. She’s been sentenced to 15 years of imprisonment since she’s under the age of 18.” He detailed out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter