Chapter 14 - Wishing For A Miracle

Let's Return To The Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 - Wishing For A Miracle

 

Dark. Dark. It was so dark. He couldn’t see anything. Kyuhyun opened his eyes and found himself somehow floating on his back amidst the darkness. So he was back here again? He looked around, hoping to find some sort of clue that was able to enlighten him to what had happened.

 

The last thing he remembered was.... oh, he was strangled by a unknown person. He had known something wasn’t right the moment she stepped in, and for once, he hated being right. He brought his hand up to his throat, fingers gently dusting the place where she had wrapped her fingers around. The muscles there were still sore. He sighed. Looks like this particular injury wouldn’t be going away. With nothing to do in the dark, Kyuhyun allowed himself to drift and let his thoughts run. But he should had known, thinking was a dangerous past time.

 

He didn’t know how someone could have done this to him. Was he that hated that they wanted him dead? This incident bought his memories back to when Yunho was poisoned. He could remember Super Junior’s reactions, to say that they were shocked was an understatement.

 

~ Flashback ~

 

It was normal day, normal as normal could get for thirteen fully grown men. Kyuhyun was lounging on the sofa, flipping through television channels, trying to find something interesting to watch. He had finally managed to wrestle the television control away from Heechul by allowing him to use his computer for a day. Heechul’s own computer had been smashed by the princess himself when he was throwing a tantrum over god-knows-what.

 

“Rrrriiingg....” The dorm phone rang, the sound echoing off the walls. Kyuhyun ignored it in favour of the couch, knowing that someone would soon be unable to stand the piercing sound and answer the phone, and that person wouldn’t be him.

 

Kibum groaned as the phone rang. He was too comfortable to move. “Hankyung hyung, can you answer the phone?” He called out.

 

“NO. Kyungie is helping me with something.” Heechul answered back instead, probably hogging the China man for something that Kibum had no interest in finding out. That was probably for the best, knowing how eccentric the diva could get. “Ryeowook, answer the phone!” Heechul shouted.

 

“Busy cooking. Dinner is ready in 10 minutes. Yesung, are you free to answer the phone?” Ryeowook shouted back, busy in the kitchen preparing dinner for a group of hungry boys.

 

“My ddangkoma is gone! I’m trying to find him!” Yesung yelled back, scouring the dorm for the missing turtle. “Hyukkie, phone!”

 

Eunhhyuk groaned as he detached himself from the video console. Looks like the duty landed up on him. He shuffled his feet over to the phone that was still persistently ringing, wanting to get this over and done with so that he could return to his game quickly.

 

“Yes, Super Junior speaking.” He said into the phone.

 

“Hyukkie?” A tearful voice croaked from the other end.

 

“Junsu? Su? What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly, mood changing in a split second. It was rare for his best friend in DBSK to contact him via the dorm phone. That was personal phones were used for after all. The mention of the DBSK’s member attracted the attention of s.

 

Silence ensured before they heard Eunhyuk gasp in shock, hand trembling slightly. “Really? Is he alright? ... Oh god. I hope she dies a horrible death. ... That forgiving idiot. ... Are you alright? Want me to go over there? ... Sure? ... Alright then. Be strong.” The monkey hung up the phone, and turned around to face s. Kibum gasped, seeing the other’s face drawn in pain. Hankyung appeared out of nowhere, presumably having escaped from Heechul’s hold, and moved towards the younger. A quick glance to the side told Kibum that Heechul was there too, with a worried look on his face. Eunhyuk buried himself in Hankyung’s chest, body trembling. Concerned looks were shot across the room. What could have happened to cause Eunhyuk to be this worried?

 

“Y-Yunho... He’s been poisoned by superglue given to him by an anti.” The bomb dropped. Everyone stared in shock at the information given to them. DBSK’s leader? Poisoned? Why? What did he do to be hated like that? A loud noise threw them back into reality and they turned to see Kyuhyun off the couch, standing with his phone in his hand. “Calling Changmin.” Was all he gave before Heechul and Yesung took off for their phones, both calling Jaejoong and Yoochun respectively.

 

“It’s alright... It’s alright...” Hankyung muttered to the other, knowing that what he said was a lie. It wasn’t alright. How could it be? “Are you heading over there?” He asked. Eunhyuk pulled himself away from the elder and nodded determinedly, drying his tears. “I have to. Junsu needs me to be strong for him.” In a flash, the Super Junior members that were in the dorm were on their feet. “We’ll go with you.”

 

~ Flashback ends ~

 

Ah... They were such a happy family then, Kyuhyun mused. But they were now too. Before... the attempted suicide... before the attempted murder. He shuddered. He was murdered, or almost murdered. After all, the last time he ended up in this place, he woke up from a coma right? And to think he thought that maybe what would kill him in the end was his suicide, or maybe of old age. But how harsh reality was, murder instead. He had almost died once during the car accident, twice during his attempted suicide, and now thrice? What was that saying, ah, third time’s the charm or something. Maybe he really was going to die.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter