Chapter 6 - Mysterious Knocker

Let's Return To The Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to Falling by Yiruma while reading

Chapter 6 - Mysterious Knocker

 

Leeteuk stared at the pale sleeping figure in front of him and sighed heavily. He leaned back in his chair, ran a hand over his tussled hair and allowed himself to close his eyes and rest. It had been a tiring day for him, and an even tiring week for all of their members. He had to attend interviews about Kyuhyun’s sudden absence and fed their fans the story of the maknae falling ill due to exhaustion, often leaving home as early as 5am and returning home only around 1am the next day.

 

None of the members wanted the E.L.Fs to worry for them. Their fans had their own personal problems to deal with and their own lives to live. As much as Super Junior loved the attention from their loyal and dedicated fans, they didn’t want them to focus too much attention on their idols and forget about their own lives. Of course, the antis had leapt at the very chance and start bashing Super Junior and SM Entertainment for slaving their idols. Leeteuk wouldn’t deny that their company had put lots stress and pressure on them, but the rumors that the antis had spread were ridiculous. None of the members had paid much attention to the antis and insults by them. For now, all they cared about was Kyuhyun and his current condition. Well, almost all of the members had paid the antis no heed. Heechul was the only one who reacted. But Heechul was Heechul. Being himself, he had posted a long post on twitter, again, telling the antis to piss off and find better things to do. Of course, in a much nicer way.

 

Sometimes, Leeteuk didn’t get the antis at all. Why did the antis even bother? If they were antis, that would mean that they hate Super Junior, right? So why did they even bother to spend time and effort on something they don’t even like? It was a waste of energy, he decided, for the antis. He smiled to himself as he recalled a comment that  Hankyung had said off handedly one day regarding the antis’ attacks after a particular diva had gone off an hour rant about them. “他们真的是吃饱撑了。“ (Loosely translated as they’re just too bored.) And he couldn’t agree more.

 

The Super Junior leader was drawn out of his thoughts by a soft knock on the door and looked up in surprise. He wasn’t expecting anyone to visit them. Other than the members themselves and the rest of the SM family, no one else knew that Kyuhyun was there. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw Yunho, DBSK’s leader standing there, leaning against the door, face shadowed. He thought that the latter would be in the dorm, seeing that he himself was in no shape to come out and face the media. Leeteuk nodded his head in a greeting and motioned for the younger to come in. As Yunho slumped himself down on the chair next to him, it was only then Leeteuk had a good look at the younger’s face thanks to the small ray of sunlight that was streaming through the crack of the drawn curtains. It was only a few months ago, closing to a year, that the three members of DBSK had filed the lawsuit and the entire issue had taken a toll on the leader himself. The media making a huge deal out of it wasn’t helping either. The remaining two members had decided to suspend all activities for the time being to give themselves time to recover from the emotional blow that they had received. It was hard for them to sing with more than half the group missing. It didn’t feel right. Something was wrong. Something was missing.

 

And just a week ago, when DBSK got the news that Kyuhyun had attempted suicide, their world sank lower if that was even possible. When Super Junior had found out that Kyuhyun had attempted suicide, at least they had thirteen other brothers to rely on for support. But Yunho and Changmin only had each other and with both of them wallowing in depression already, needless to say, there wasn’t much support that they could rely on. The leader of DBSK had no choice but to bear all the burden by himself as Changmin had locked himself in his room and sunk into depression, which was further fuelled when they were told that JYJ wasn’t allowed to contact them. Leeteuk appreciated what Yunho had done for Super Junior. Really he did. When Leeteuk had to go off for interviews, Yunho was always there to take care of the rest of Super Junior. It’s not that the rest of SM family didn’t help them. SHINee and SNSD had helped them to fend off the antis and took over on their radio shows, but Yunho and Changmin, they were there with them physically and in spirit, helping them to cope and soften the emotional stress, even though they were suffering heavily themselves.

 

DBSK and Super Junior had always been close, as far as Leeteuk could remember. They had even filmed a music video together during Christmas a few yard ago, titled ‘Show Me Your Love’,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter