o7

Spiral Stairway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author

A song as you read

 

"Well," Myungsoo began talking on the phone but then the phone hung up. Myungsoo quickly dialed Jiyeon's grandfather's number again, but it wasn't ringing anymore. Myungsoo tried a few more times until he stopped and looked down at Shin Hye on the floor crying. He felt sorry for what happened. After Jiyeon left, something had happened. Shin Hye wouldn't blame her sister for what happened. In fact, she's worried for Jiyeon as much as she's worried for her boyfriend's current condition right now. Myungsoo knelt down in front of Shin Hye. He held her hand and the two stared at each other's eyes as tears slowly filled their eyes.

"It's going to be okay," that was all Myungsoo could say. He didn't know what else to say. He didn't know how to make Shin Hye stop crying. He didn't know how to comfort her.

If she was able to do something, she could've saved him. Shin Hye could still remember what exactly happened. And it was painful to recall, and yet she couldn't help it.

She was looking for Jiyeon, her sister. She was calling Jiyeon on the phone. She was trying hard to find her sister who runaway because she wanted to help her sister. She was never this worried of her like that before. Things changed and Shin Hye realized how much Jiyeon means to her.

It was early in the morning when she was running around, hoping she could find Jiyeon sitting somewhere or maybe walking alone. Her boyfriend, Yong Hwa had been calling her but she wouldn't answer. She was crying so hard, worrying to death because of Jiyeon. She didn't want Yong Hwa to hear her crying voice on the phone.

"I'll call you later, Yong Hwa..." She said to herself as she turned off her phone and placed it back on her pocket. "I need to find Jiyeon."

Shin Hye didn't stop. She continued looking for Jiyeon. People who loves and cared about Jiyeon did the same. Her mother went to search for Jiyeon too. Her father stayed at home, thinking. Shin Hye never knew what her father is thinking. Her father had always been busy. He isn't the father she used to love. Her mother is a coward for keeping everything. They were all cowards. They could've charged her own father for murdering her younger brother.

But they didn't.

Her mother wanted a complete family.

Shin Hye used to ask in her mind, "Is it really because of that? Or is it because you still love him even though he's a murderer?" Shin Hye hated both of them. She just doesn’t understand them. She'll never understand them, she promised herself.

"Shin Hye-ah!"

Shin Hye stopped running and breathed heavily. She was tired of all the running. She was sweating but she didn't want to stop. Yong Hwa's calling her, she knows that. She could recognize his voice.

"Ya! Why are you avoiding me? Is there something wrong?" Yong Hwa said, making his voice loud intentionally. He was on the other side of the road. He was smiling, waiting for Shin Hey to turn around and face him. Shin Hye turned around with her eyes teary. Yong Hwa's smile faded away. "Shin Hye?"

Shin Hye stared at him and waited. Yong Hwa hurriedly crosses the road. At the same time, Shin Hye's eyes slid to a familiar man driving a black car. She remembered Jiyeon crying because of this man. She could still remember the face of the man who ruined the life of her sister. Shi Hoo. That scary face. That criminal. That person.

Shi Hoo sped his car towards Yong Hwa. Shin Hye's eyes widened in surprise. What is this man planning? She thought. He can't do this. He can't! He shouldn't! Shin Hye jerked her head back to Yon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter