o12

Spiral Stairway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon

 

"Myungsoo..."

"Myungsoo..."

"Kim Myungsoo!"

I shook Myungsoo's body, I was frightened.

"Kim Myungsoo! Wake up!!!" I was screaming his name over and over again, but he wasn't moving, he wasn't saying anything and he wasn't breathing at all. "Kim Myungsoo!!! Kim Myungsoo!!!" I cried. "Wake up..." Weakly. I buried my head on his chest while tugging on the collar of his shirt. "Ya Kim Myungsoo!!!"

I survived neither eating nor drinking for a day. But Myungsoo has been here longer than me... I thought that rescue was going to come for us anytime so I prayed and prayed all night; I prayed that Myungsoo and I be saved and then Shihoo will be caught. I thought it would be that easy, but once again, I was wrong.

Myungsoo was lying right in front of me, lifeless. I cried endlessly. "Kim Myungsoo...Kim Myungsoo!!!"

Why is God so cruel to me? Why does he have to kill everyone I love...? "Ya you idiot! Wake up!!!" With all my might, I slammed my hands on his chest over and over again. "You can't just leave me here! Kim Myungsoo!" 

Then he flinched. "J-J-Jiyeon... Stop that." He said in a whisper, his eyes still closed. I was stunned for a moment but I hugged him right away and cried again. "Damn you, I thought you were dead!" I exclaimed. After that, I was so afraid to take my eyes off of him. I couldn't let him fall asleep again. I was scared that he might not wake up. Our hands were linked together the whole night. Nothing to eat or drink, just the view of the remains Shihoo killed and ourselves.

"Don't sleep... Myungsoo." I begged, closing my eyes as another tear falls.

"I-I won't..." He whispered.

"They will come..." I said positively. "They will come for us." 

Myungsoo chortled. "Of course they will. Of course they will..."

"P-phone..." I said all of a sudden. "Do you have one?"

"Shihoo took it." Myungsoo replied. "But..." He looked at me, "there's a phone booth outside of this house. If only one of us can get out-" He sighed. "I could distract him and then you go out and call the police and tell them where we are..."

"Even if you try to distract him, it won’t take long..." I told him. "We will still get caught and the police won’t find us. Myungsoo... I have no idea where we are."

"Jiyeon, where's your confidence? The Jiyeon I know is a confident person. What's wrong now? Don't you believe in yourself? Ji-jiyeon... We haven't even tried it yet... We should try it first." I gawked at him, realizing that I was too pessimistic a while ago. 

"Myungsoo, you're already badly hurt. What are you trying to tell you? Leave you when you might get killed by my own cousin? I don't want that happen, Myungsoo. I don't want you to get hurt anymore."

"Trust me, Jiyeon... I don't die easily." He grinned. "You're my strength, Jiyeon-ah. I've been alive all this time because of you."

"Stop it. I won't do it! I said I can’t let you get hurt anymore!" I let go of his hand but he pulled it back.

"Then...What, Jiyeon? What are we going to do? Stay here...? He's going to kill us both. Are we going to die by his hands? Do you want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter