o15

Spiral Stairway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Author

It's been a year.

It seems like Jiyeon really moved on and found a new light but, she would never forget the people who were always there for her. They were her inspiration to get up when she's down.

It's been a year since she last talked to Myungsoo and Seungho. She was really scared that she would lose both of them; they were always there for her, to protect her and be her companion. Jiyeon thought she didn't deserve such precious people like them but then... she was thankful. God gave her both Myungsoo and Seungho. She should never hate God or blame him because God was always there for her. The same for Myungsoo and Seungho... They are like stars. She doesn’t always see them, but she knows deep inside that they are always there for her.

"I miss them so much..." She said as she lifted her head, watching the sunset with her new friends in America. Alice and Sam. "Yoo Seungho..." She remembered the first time she met Seungho, first day of high school and they got along in a glimpse of an eye- he was her first friend in high school. "Kim Myungsoo..." Of course, she wouldn't forget her first love. Her first boyfriend. Her first kiss. Kim Myungsoo. He used to be mysterious and creepy in her eyes- everyone thought of him as a freak but not Jiyeon. Jiyeon believed that he needed a friend, but they ended up being more than friends. And Jiyeon chose to end their relationship.

1 year earlier.

"Seungho! Myungsoo!" Jiyeon was on the floor, just crying and watching as Myungsoo and Seungho were both hurt. The nurses took Myungsoo's body on the stretcher first and they blocked her from coming over to him. Jiyeon yelped but they ignored her. She then went over to Seungho and grabbed his hand, tears falling from her eyes. "P-please... Please don't die."

Seungho smiled at her before darkness took over him.

"If something bad happens to them, I-I...I really don't know what to do anymore!" She fell on her knees in front of the operating room where she waited with her mother, Shinhye and Yonghwa. Her mother was crying as well- the fact that her husband did all of these seemed so impossible for her. The nurses tried to tell Jiyeon to get back to bed and rest but Jiyeon refused to do so. "I'll stay here." She said bluntly.

Shinhye started crying softly but she didn't want anyone to see so she ran downstairs. Yonghwa, who was still wearing his patient gown, followed his mourning girlfriend.

Yes, their mother finished off the evil one but that memory of their own father and their mother's own husband shot on the head might not go away - if they don't strive to.

"Mother..." Jiyeon's dull voice called. "M-Myungsoo was right."

Her mother fell on her knees screaming: "Oh God. I can't believe this is happening!"

"You killed father, mother." Jiyeon hugged her knees, she was calmer than before.

"H-He tried to kill you. I was so wrong about him, I'm so sorry sweetie."

"I... I'm still scared, mother. But mother... T-Thank you. Thank you...so much."

"Oh ... Jiyeon..." Her mother hugged Jiyeon from the back and rested her chin on Jiyeon's shoulder. "Please forgive me okay...? I'm so sorry I let him stay with us. I'm so sorry this had to happen. I'm so sorry..."

Jiyeon and her mother had a moment together but afterwards, Jiyeon fell asleep. She woke up later and found herself in a new hospital room. She sighed with relief because at first, she really thought that it was the same room where the incident happened.

She scratched her head before running outside to check for Myungsoo and Seungho. The doctor gave her a sad look, and Jiyeon thought something really bad happened but thankfully, it wasn't about Myungsoo or Seungho. "Didn't I tell you to take a rest? You're still recovering, Ms. Park." The doctor told her.

"I would like to see the patients Kim Myungsoo and Yoo Seungho. Please?"

"They're fine. They need plenty of rest as well. Mr. Kim lost a lot of blood but he'll be fine since his mother came to donate some, your mother, cousin and grandfather as well-"

"Where is his room?" Jiyeon cut in.

"Please go to bed."

"I said I want to see him." Jiyeon demanded.

The doctor sighed in defeat and gave the room number of Myungsoo's room. Jiyeon paced, lifting her head every time she passes by a room to take a look at its room number. Meanwhile, Suzy was with Seungho. Seungho had a lot of injuries too but it wasn't that bad as Myungsoo's. Seungho knows that if Jiyeon wakes up... Surely, he wouldn't be the first one she'd come to check.

Seungho was indeed sad about it.

"He'll be fine." Suzy said and cleared . "Jiyeon will be fine. Everyone will be fine."

She wasn't making him feeling any better at all. "Ya... Don't frown at me."

"I think she's going to see Myungsoo first... Because she loves him too much." Seungho blurted, his voice was sore.

"It doesn't matter..." Suzy sighed. "Do you like her so much?"

Seungho thought about the question but before he could answer it, Jiyeon rushed inside his room, both Suzy and Seungho were surprised. Jiyeon looked at Seungho worriedly and then she smiled, ran to him and put her arms around him. Seungho pondered for a minute; why did Jiyeon come to see him first...? Or did she go check up on Myungsoo already? Or maybe...

"I was so worried about you, I'm glad you're okay now, Seungho-ah." Jiyeon cried. "Thank you for everything." There was a moment of silence, even Suzy was astounded but decided to avoid looking at them. After Jiyeon pulled away from the hug, she wiped away her tears and exhaled. "I'll be back later. I have to go check on Myungsoo." Seungho's hope decreased. He didn't say a word to Jiyeon, just a nod and then Jiyeon's gone. Seungho didn't even notice the tears streaming down his cheeks. He was just staring blankly at the door where Jiyeon came in and out.

"Are you okay...?" Suzy asked but... Seungho didn't hear her.

Upon arriving in Myungsoo's room, Jiyeon was alone with him in there but Myungsoo wasn't awake yet. She just squeezed his hand and thanked him in her mind, hoping that he will be okay. His mother really came to donate blood for him, Jiyeon was happy about that. At least his mother still cared about him...

"But... She probably hates me now." Jiyeon said slowly. "This happened to you all because of me." She bit her lower lip. "I'm sorry you had to suffer... I hope you can forgive me... I hope your mother will forgive me..." She said with a soothing voice. "Myungsoo-ah... I... I really love you. Do you remember when you said that I am your strength and the reason that you're still alive is because of me? Myungsoo... I would never forget those words. You did not only say those words right in front of me... You also showed to me that your words are true. Thank you for making me believes and thank you for giving me the strength I need... But please wake up, Myungsoo. Please wake up... for me... and for everybody who cares for you." She covered her sadness with a smile, lowering her head and clasping her hands around Myungsoo's dull and frigid hand. She should be the one on Myungsoo's state, but it's too late to blame herself now.

Park Shihoo's dead. Her father's dead. And hopefully, there will be no murders any further. Myungsoo didn't wake up for a few days, but of course, it felt like forever for Jiyeon. Even after the funeral for her father happened, Myungsoo was still on a comatose. During Myungsoo's absence, Seungho stayed with her although it hurts him just by listening to Jiyeon crying or asking the same questions about Myungsoo's condition over and over again.

Seungho and Shinhye talked one night. Shinhye told him about her mother's plan to go to States together along with Jiyeon.

"I think it would be bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter