o16: Truth Behind This Story

Spiral Stairway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Read the previous chapter first for the final chapter of the story because this current chapter is me talking about the truth behind this story. OTL. Sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Truth Behind This Story

 

You might be disppointed if you read this but there's nothing wrong with me taking it all out by typing what's on my mind. xD

I know I shouldn’t tell you about this, but I want to (whether you read it or not). I never really told anyone about the whole story of the reason why I created this story starring Jiyeon and the possibility of why my ex-best friend unfriend me on Facebook (that ex-best friend is the friend Jiyeon is trying to portray in the story Spiral Stairway). It doesn’t even matter if you won’t read: I just want to write it so that I will feel better lol.

So, hi guys. Time for some wonjana dramatime. I created this story for my ex-best friend (I’ll call her by the name, Lin); she inspired me to write a story about the story of her life. She actually asked me to make a story for her… I wasn’t able to share this with her though. I wanted to finish the story first before showing it to her. Unfortunately, some unexpected things happened and I ended up not showing this story to her.

That unexpected thing is not because we were rivals or anything lol, or that I'm a guy who got rejected by her- because I'm a girl so yeah.

Do you guys remember when I stopped updating this story? That was like year 2012, July. I stopped because I didn't know how to continue a story like this because this was supposed to be based on a true story. Unfortunately, as I got to know this friend of mine I found out about her bad sides; and if I ever put that up with Jiyeon being a bad girl in this story, it might ruin the whole story and make it longer and I wouldn't have any idea how to end it lol.

It's true; Lin and I were really very best friends, but later, I don’t know, I didn’t feel that anymore. Actually I befriended her because she was very much like me. She was shy, quiet, anti-social and mysterious so I said to myself that it's not going to be that hard to befriend someone a bit similar to me.

So, she became my first friend in 3rd year high school class. We got along well, I think. I enjoyed being with her. Although she’s not weird, I still go weird when I’m with her. We do things together, sometimes I share with her my lunch when she doesn't have one, ignoring my own hunger. I also introduced her to my other best friend, Mabz.

You know it was really funny when I found out she actually have a best friend who treats her like a true friend but Lin didn’t treat her like one actually (that’s why it’s funny; I’m being sarcastic). It was a small world, that best friend that Lin left for me actually followed Mabz. I’ll name her Min. Min talks a lot, I tell you. She’s hyper and really frank. Lin had been badmouthing her in front of me actually, and it remembering that I actually believed her (well, when she's your best friend of course you just suddenly trust whatever she says).

Min once cried in front of me and Mabz because of Lin. She was like “I treated her like a sister and she just treated me like this?” I forgot the exact words she said, but it was heartbreaking (and I was grinning that time because she was speaking English; orz nosebleed). Well, it was hard to choose between two people, like… who the heck do I believe between them? Lin was my best friend and Min was just someone who came into my life and tried to steal Mabz from me (I was jealous at first, but I learned to love Min).

2011:  Lin told me about her past (Min knows about that; and her old teacher and some other people). She got by her cousin when she went to stay there with him (her mother told her so). She was threatened by a scissor, sharp one (don’t know how that exactly looks like). She got scared and something happened. Her mother didn’t know, her father doesn’t care. She kept it a secret until her cousin suddenly found out about her pregnancy and went to beat her and punch her stomach and the baby’s gone. I think she was 14 when that happened.

She told me how good her grades were back when she wasn't pregnant yet. She told me that she had a lot of friends and a caring boyfriend. She also had a male best friend who likes her. She said that when she lost the baby, her friends were all there (not her mother or her father or siblings).

She told me about how her father accidentally killed her little brother by cutting his hand (dead on arrival at the hospital). And that his father began going ‘psycho’ after the death of her older sister and older brother (car accident and it was her father’s fault as well). Aside from her little brother’s cut hand, she also had a little baby brother (or sister, I forgot).

The baby also died when her father went home really drunk and he pushed the baby’s cradle and the baby…just died. I don’t know how, maybe the baby’s head bled and when he/she was sent to the hospital the baby died right away? That’s all I know about the death of her baby brother/sister. Mmm, there was a lot but I kind of forgot (like her other brother getting pushed on the road by her father and got hit by a car).

They didn’t tell the police though… Well, everything was an accident created by her own father, it wasn't done purposely. But her father wasn’t the same anymore. He would hit his own wife with a chair ( I didn’t include that in the story here).

Lin would just watch.

And then, after losing her own baby because of her cousin, Lin moved (her mother knew about it, the police were after her cousin). That’s when she moved to our city, she lived with her other cousins, a female and a male (in the story “Spiral Stairway” I made her live with her grandfather but she still met a female cousin and that is Suzy).

After moving, she was quiet. She was different, I think (or maybe she was lying and she was already like that ‘shy,quiet,mysterious’ even before she was ruined by her cousin). We accepted her for who she is and who she was.

She made new friends, but in the end, she came with me and Mabz. And then Min and Carla came along. Guess she can’t get away from the girl she badmouths (Min), the girl who treated her like a sister and Lin still treated Min like nothing. Oh man.

I believed all Lin said to me.

But then, I started doubting her.

She was lying in front of me.

I know it’s my fault for acting dumb in front of her, but doesn’t she realize that I know the truth and that she’s creating another story again? I was just so stupid to keep quiet (sorry).

I was so stupid that I decided not to continue the story I made for her (first titled I WILL BE HERE to SPIRAL STAIRWAY).

While I was away and not updating this story, I was starting to get frustrated about her. I was super frustrated then I met a new friend in class, name’s Ali. Once again, I felt happy. But, Lin was always by my side. She’s always holding my arms, she’s always looking at me with innocent eyes, and she always make a lie to a person even though I was just right beside her.

I know her lies aren’t that of a big deal, but what would you feel when your own best friend is lying in front of you and telling you a different story?

We can all understand that she lies because of her past experience, but isn’t lying still wrong? Just so you know, I gave her a letter about all her lies but that didn't work as well. She didn't say sorry because I told her not to say anything about it, just do something about it. I thought she would stop lying, but she didn't stop. I wonder, did she ever read my letter? That was worth my sweat -.-

Why would she lie that her project was ruined by her cousin’s little brother? Why would she lie that she painted that thing she passed to our teacher and tell her other classmates she made it when I know she didn’t? Why would she lie that a teacher threatened her that she will tell everyone about Lin’s past if Lin doesn’t go in their class party? Why would she lie about a boyfriend? And a male best friend who falls in love with her and fought with her boyfriend just to get her? Why would she lie to me that it’s her 3 year anniversary with her boyfriend and then tell another friend that it’s their 2nd anniversary?

And then suddenly, she tells me that she broke up with her boyfriend and that she found another one and that they’ve been together for a month. It was hilarious actually. She said one month to me, and then a person came to ask her about her new boyfriend and she tells them ‘we’re going to have our 8th monthsary’ and then show a picture of a very beautiful man who seems like a model.

Seriously? So it’s like you said 1 month to me yesterday and then today you just told them it’s the 8th monthsary you and him got together? So who are you kidding? Or are you blind and you cannot see me standing beside you?

I mean, I don't really care if it's not true about her boyfriend cutting his wrist when she tried to break up with him, best friend who confessed to her and a new boyfriend- the point is she deceived

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter