o13

Spiral Stairway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author

 

"Seungho... D-Did you come...?"

"Who?"

Myungsoo didn't trust the old man walking towards Jiyeon, although he knows that man is her father - the man just killed off someone by shooting on its head, and he didn't flinch at all. Myungsoo was shaking terribly and his leg was getting worse. But he didn't give up on standing up; he even jumped on the back of Jiyeon's father and tried to choke him. However, the old man moved backwards and Myungsoo hit the wall hard with the sound of his ribs breaking, Myungsoo lost his consciousness right away.

"Stupid child," the old man muttered under his breath. He looked down at his poor daughter still lying on the floor and bruised everywhere. Why did he come to save her, you ask? This old man came to rescue her, but is that really all he's after for?

"Jiyeon!!!" Seungho rushed inside with the cops shortly. The cops thought Jiyeon's father was the enemy, but the old man says he came to help- and he accidentally killed the virtuoso Park Shihoo in order to protect his daughter from him. Seungho bend over beside Jiyeon and carried her on his arm; he couldn't help tear up as he looks at Jiyeon's badly beaten. It was the first time he saw something this terrible happened to a girl- Jiyeon didn't deserve to get hurt like this.

Seungho tried his hardest to stop from crying and hurry outside to bring her in the ambulance. Suzy came as well, poking Myungsoo slowly. "Ya, you- wake up." The paramedics came in a hustle and place Myungsoo on the stretcher. "Ya slow down!" Suzy said after noticing Myungsoo's dislocated leg. "Be careful!"

"Who is he?" Jiyeon's father asked.

Suzy turned to her uncle, "Ajhussi... He's Jiyeon's boyfriend. Kim Myungsoo."

"Oh... Really...?"

"Ajhussi..." Suzy said, almost a whisper. "Thank you for coming to the rescue. If you didn't come on time... It would have been too late for them." The old man just smiled and walked out of the room. Suzy saw the corpses inside, the cops checked on them and Suzy ran outside to throw up. She couldn't believe that she had a crazy cousin who could do something as horrible as that-

Wait... "Father..." She uttered, her eyes filled with terror. She abruptly went back to the small room where the remains were placed. She pushed all the cops aside as she looked at the corpse of someone very familiar to her. She couldn't really draw the man's face, but the coat he was wearing was very familiar. It could be her father. "Father..." She fell to her knees and inspected what's inside the coat. There she found a wallet and her father's ID card in it. Tears began streaming down Suzy's face; she covered with her hand as she could not believe that this is her father's corpse. "F-Father..."

Afterwards, Suzy stayed in the ambulance along with the paramedics and Myungsoo. She stared blankly on the floor; it was as if her heart was torn into pieces after seeing the corpse of her father. She wanted to cry more but she was ashamed of herself with the strangers around her. If only there was someone she knows, someone whose shoulder she can lean on.

Upon arriving at the hospital, Suzy followed the paramedics slowly. But she was just walking- one step at a time- still in shock. Both Myungsoo and Jiyeon were brought to the ER, Suzy paused and looked at Seungho who was sitting on a chair, clasping his hands together while crying. He really cared for Jiyeon, a lot. He even blamed Suzy for letting Jiyeon leave.

Suzy approached Seungho, "I-I'm so...sorry." She said. Seungho looked up at her and then back on the floor.

"It's not your fault." He said slowly.

"This... wouldn't happen if I watched her carefully."

"It's not your fault." Seungho repeated and stood up.

"Yes it is..."

"No..." Suzy was crying. Seungho's arms reached around her and held onto her tightly. Suzy cried harder, for what happened to Jiyeon and for the corpse of her father they found.

 

 

Eventually, Jiyeon and Myungsoo were both saved. Her grandfather woke up and decided to stay in his place when Jiyeon's father decided to transfer both Myungsoo and Jiyeon back to Seoul Hospital. They were sent to different rooms. Shinhye and her mother came to visit Jiyeon. Myungsoo's guardian visited but went away after receiving a call from work. When Jiyeon woke up, her mother was cutting an apple for her. Shinhye decided to watch and take care of Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter