My Drinking Buddy

Story Dedicated To...

 

Starring: Dara Park, Lee Donghae

 

A story dedicated to a friend who is a loyal Daragon shipper but wrote several fics with Darahae goodness. P.S. She’s probably sick of me posting up new stories when I haven’t even updated my old ones yet. You probably are, too. LOL

 


 


 

 “There is this member that when drunk, she runs around and then goes to sleep. She just runs aimlessly, and when she stops, she sleeps.”

 

“Can you give us a hint? Initials, maybe?

 

“Uhm…she did a CF for Cass before.”

 

Laughter filled the room.

 

I, along with my Super Junior brothers, was seated in front of the television, leisurely watching SBS Midnight Show. Our schedules for the day were finished and we’re back in the dorm, savoring our few hours of rest.

 

Unfortunately for the rest of us, Hyukjae, a certified CLassified, made us watch CL’s interview with actor Lee Dong Wook, even though most of us just wanted to sleep.

 

But when the topic steered off to one her group members, I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat. Well, not only me, but even Yesung-hyung who was already looking like a zombie came back to life. Laughter followed after CL gave the very obvious hint.

 

Woah, I never knew Dara could be like that. What does CL mean about her running and just passing out?

 

I waited for CL to explain further but she just turned to the camera and asked for forgiveness. Hyukjae turned to me and said, “Hae, what do you think about that?” This question made the other guys look at me, too.

 

I raised an eyebrow at him and tried to act nonchalant despite my heart hammering out my chest. “What do you mean?”

 

“Is that a turn-off?” he asked with a smirk painted on his face.

 

That tease.

 

Among the other members of SJ, only Hyukjae knew about my secret. Yes, I like Sandara Park. I liked her since she had that documentary video. I honestly thought she was cute, even though she’s two years older than me. And when she became part of the KPop industry, I became more interested in her. But of course, having two different company labels, it’s impossible for us to meet casually.

 

And no, her being crazy and drunk doesn’t make me like her less.

 

My cheeks felt hot and I was about to answer when our evil maknae spoke up.

 

“Aigoo, what kind of a question is that, hyung?!” he asked with an exasperated tone in his voice. “Of course, it’s not! Donghae-hyung has a massive, severe crush on her! He would actually think it’s cute.” Kyuhyun turned to me and flashed me his famous evil smile.

 

After that idiot said those words, everything that came next was pure crazy. Hyukjae was yelling at him, asking why he revealed that when he told him many times not to. Heechul and Sungmin were cheering him on while Leeteuk, Yesung and Siwon were acting as barriers. Ryeowook and Shindong were just laughing their guts out, taking no sides at all.

 

Typical Super Junior.

 

Amidst the chaotic turn of events, I said, “I need a drink. Any of you interested in being my drinking buddy?” No one heard me; they were all busy killing, cheering, laughing at each other. “Guess not,” I murmured to myself. So I sneaked out and prayed that my group would still be complete when I come back.

 

I hope.

 

I went to a bar tent not far from our building. Although not an exclusive bar for celebrities, I chose to drink there because it’s secluded and everyone minds their own business. I actually went there a few times already and there haven’t been any mishaps of a paparazzi or a crazy fan finding me so it’s all good.

 

I lifted the flap and was surprised to find the business slow. Usually, at this day, it would be filled with people. Only a table was occupied and the person drinking looked tipsy already. It was a girl and a voice in my head told me that I knew her from some place. I narrowed my eyes to get a better view.

 

Dara Park.

 

Woah. Fanboy dream fulfilled.

 

I went to her table, silently hoping she would take notice of me, and said, “Noona?”

 

Dara looked up and she exclaimed, “O! It’s…it’s…” Her face contorted into a frown as she struggled to remember my name.

 

“Donghae,” I continued and she grinned.

 

“Right. From Super Junior.”

 

“Are you drinking alone?” I asked.

 

She gave a nod and said, “Bom was too busy and Chaerin and Minzy can’t go so I decided to drink alone.” She took a swig of soju and said, “Want to join me? We can be drinking buddies.”

 

“Sure.” I smiled at my luck and took the seat across her. She called the tent owner and ordered another round of drinks and a plate of egg rolls. When it arrived, she poured a drink for me and said, “I have to warn you though…”

 

“About what?”

 

“I’m weird when I’m drunk.”

 

“Eh?!”

 

We both laughed a bit and I asked her why but she refused to answer. CL’s interview came to my mind and I wondered if I would see that side of her that night.

 

I don’t really know how long we have been drinking, telling stories and jokes, but she has just downed her fourth bottle of soju when she stood up and ran out of the bar tent. Although bewildered by her sudden actions, I followed her, leaving a few bills on the table to cover for the bill.

 

“Noona!” I called to her, but she just ran. She was running a little too fast for a girl and I have to quicken my pace to catch up with her. We already reached the park, almost a mile away from the bar tent. When I did, she collapsed on the ground, sound asleep.

 

Wow. How could someone drunk and asleep look so gorgeous?

 

I propped her up, letting her head rest on my shoulder, and reached for my cell phone on my pocket. My heart dropped when I touched nothing.

 

”What the—?” I slapped my forehead when I remembered I left it back at the dorm. Hesitating a bit, I d Dara’s pants and sighed with relief when I found her cellphone on one of her pockets. I turned it on, looked for CL’s number on her contacts and called. It went to voicemail and I explained what happened in the briefest yet most concise way possible. I then informed her that I would bring Dara back to SJ’s dorm while we wait for them to get her.

 

I started to walk back to the dorm, carrying Dara on my back. I chuckled at myself, and said to her, “Aigoo, noona. You’re the pretty kind of weird.”

 

We were almost halfway when she mumbled, “Ssajangnim…”

 

What the hell?

 

“Noona, it’s me, Donghae,” I said to her but she just continued to talk, mistaking me for their boss.

 

“Why can’t I have a normal hairstyle like Bom or Chaerin or Minzy? Why do I always have to wear a crazy one? I hate you so much. Is it some plot of you and Thunder to keep me from having a boyfriend? Aish, meanie.”

 

I laughed a bit as I remembered her hair back in MAMA 2011. I remember gawking at it when they passed us by to get their award. It’s not that I found it weird. I was actually amazed on how it stood up like that. And how gorgeous she still looked despite wearing such ridiculous hairstyle.

 

Only her would be able to pull off that look.

 

“Do you know how the guy I liked look at my hair? He was gaping at it! That MAMA hairstyle was embarrassing. I really like Donghae, Ssajangnim. And you…you’re such a troll.”

 

I stopped on my tracks as I tried to process what she just said in my mind. And when it finally sank in, I bit my lip, trying not to scream out loud with happiness.

 

“Don’t worry. I like you too. Normal hairstyle or not, I would still like you, Dara Park,” I said in a whisper.

 

I felt her lips curve into a smile and it also brought one to my face.

 

Because my drinking buddy likes me too.