Will You Marry Me?

Story Dedicated To...

 

 

Starring: Dara Park, Lee Donghae

*and lots of other extras*

 

A story dedicated to one of my eonni’s who’s semi-abandoning her DaraHae fic.

She doesn’t like fluff, but whatever LOL

 

Hope you like it.

 



 

Date and Time: 29/09/2013 12:47

 

Participants of Conversation: Lee Donghae and Kim Kyang Su

 

“Will you marry me?” Donghae finished his speech and waited for any feedback his mother could give him.

 

Her eyes widen and she gasped in a long breath of air.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened in anticipation.

 

His mother’s mouth opened…and she burst into tears.

 

“Oh Donghae…” she sobbed.

 

From his position kneeling on the floor and his mother’s head now thoroughly covered with her hands, Donghae was unable to ascertain if they were happy tears or sad tears.

 

“Mother?” he asked carefully.

 

“My baby’s getting married!” she yelled out hoarsely before bringing her wet hands to cup his cheeks.

 

“Yes, but what did you think? Was it okay?” he asked her.

 

He was suddenly pulled forward as his mother jerked on the collar of his shirt in order to hug him.

 

“My baby’s getting married,” she sobbed against his neck.

 

Donghae sighed before bringing his arms up to rub at her back.

 

Outcome of conversation: 5/10

 



 

 

Date and Time: 30/09/2013 09:03

 

Participants of Conversation: Lee Donghae and Lee Soo Man

 

“Will you marry me?” Donghae finished his speech and waited for any feedback his boss could give him.

 

Only it didn’t seem so forthcoming. Soo Man was staring at him with a blank expression.

 

Donghae shifted uncomfortably.

 

“You are planning on asking her to marry you?” he asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“And you came to me for advice?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“This is the first time you have come to me for advice since you father passed away,” he said.

 

“I am aware.”

 

Soo Man seemed to deliberate for a moment. “I believe you are making the right decision.”

 

And that was it. Donghae’s boss turned back to his work.

 

The Super Junior member sighed before standing up and walking out of the boss’s office.

 

Outcome of conversation: 5/10

 



 

 

Date and Time: 1/10/2013 23:11

 

Participants of Conversation: Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae

 

“Will you marry me?” Donghae finished his speech and waited for any feedback his best friend could give him.

 

Hyukjae opened his mouth and promptly fell to the floor, laughing hysterically as he went.

 

“You’re going to ask her to marry you?” he managed to choke out.

 

Donghae lifted an eyebrow in annoyance. “Yes.”

 

More laughter. “I never thought I’d see the day that you would actually resort to marriage in order to get her tied to you. Are you that afraid someone would take her away from you?”

 

“I’m not afraid, you weirdo,” Donghae said indignantly. “And it’s not like I’m using that as a means to be secured.” He gave a snort when he said, “At least Dara and I don’t look like a master with his dog. You and Chaerin…the only thing missing is a leash around your neck. And still you have the audacity to tell me about ties and commitments?”

 

That caused Hyukjae to shut up and he stood from the floor, a serious expression on his face. “We aren’t dating. I don’t date. I have mutually exclusive agreements with women that meet both mine and her needs.”

 

The brunette laughed. “Women? Are you drunk or something? You’re lucky you had my fiancé’s group leader have you as a boyfriend.”

 

The blonde’s jaw dropped at his best friend’s banter and sniffed. “You’re mean!” he exclaimed as he stalked out of the room, leaving Donghae scratching his head in extreme exasperation.

 

Outcome of conversation: 3/10

 



 

 

Date and Time: 2/10/2013 18:43

 

Participants of Conversation: Lee Donghae, Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Youngwoon (Kangin)

 

“Will you marry me?” Donghae finished his speech and waited for any feedback his friends could give him.

 

Two pairs of eyes stared back at him. One mischievous and the other vacant.

 

He was not sure what he preferred.

 

“You are aware that Sanghyun would probably kill you for stealing away his oldest sister,” Kyuhyun said through his grin.

 

“Yes, I am aware. I’ve talked to him already. He wanted to kill me but for the sake of his sister, he won’t.”

 

“And maybe you’re also aware that you’ve got a lot of explaining to do with her labelmates. I heard they give killer interviews.”

 

Donghae gritted his teeth. “Yes, and I’ve taken them.”

 

Kyuhyun started sniggering but resumed his serious face when he said, “She also has a lot of fanboys. Massive, actually. Dara could easily replace you.”

 

“Dara?” Donghae gaped at his dongsaeng’s impudence.

 

“Well, I asked her if I could talk to her informally and since she’s so fond of me, she agreed. She said she doesn’t mind,” Super Junior’s maknae explained.

 

“I mind,” Donghae replied in a serious tone.

 

“Hyung, am I annoying you already?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then I’ve done my job,” Kyuhyun said proudly before bursting into a fit of laughter.

 

Head pounding, Donghae turned to Kangin. “What do you think?”

 

Kangin looked up from his plate of food. “She can cook,” he stated.

 

“Um, yes, she can,” Donghae replied.

 

“That’s good.” He resumed eating.

 

And that was that.

 

Outcome of conversation: 2/10

 



 

 

Date and Time: 03/10/2013 19:57

 

Participants of Conversation: Lee Donghae and Choi Dongwook (Se7en)

 

“Hyung, you’re my last resort,” Donghae said to Dongwook urgently.

 

The older of the two gave a confused look.

 

“What are you talking about?” he asked Donghae.

 

Donghae shifted from one foot to the other. “I need to practice something on you.”

 

“What?” Dongwook said in a guarded voice.

 

“Nothing funny. It—I just haven’t quite got around to proposing to Dara yet.”

 

“This is your engagement party we’re at.”

 

“I know. I just want—I need to get this right, okay. I need some advice.”

 

“Don’t you have better people to ask advice from?” Dongwook asked uncomfortably.

 

Donghae thought of the previous persons he had the talk with. “No. You’re the only person left,” he snapped.

 

Dongwook sighed. “Okay fine. What do you have so far?”

 

The Super Junior member smiled before reaching into his robes and taking out the ring box. Dropping to one knee, he opened the box and held it out in front of him.

 

“Dara, I wish I could say that I loved you from the first moment I saw you during the award ceremony in MAMA last 2011 but unfortunately, I was so distracted by your ridiculous hairst—“

 

“That’s not the best start,” YGE’s soulful voice interjected.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I’ve known your girlfriend since she entered the company and I know, like any other girls, she doesn’t want her hair getting laughed at. No matter how ridiculous it looks.”

 

Donghae dragged a hand through his hair. “Okay. Let’s just skip the beginning.” He lifted the ring up in front of him again.

 

“I lov—“

 

The door opened and he froze. Both his and Dongwook’s head turned to face Dara and Hanbyul as they stared at the two of them with an ever-growing smile on their shocked faces.

 

“Oh, we’re sorry. We’ll just leave you two lovebirds to it,” Dara said as they held back a laugh and closed the door.

 

Donghae immediately got off his knee. Dongwook was already spluttering ineloquently by his side.

 

Damn it.

 

Outcome of conversation: 0/10

 



 

 

Date and Time: 4/10/2013 00:52

 

Participants of Conversation: Lee Donghae and Dara Park

 

“Dara,” Donghae whispered.

 

“What?” she murmured sleepily against his chest.

 

“Are you sleeping?” he asked.

 

“I was,” she replied.

 

“Sorry,” he said sheepishly.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“I love you.”

 

Dara snuggled her head closer to his chest and he felt her lips stretch into a smile against his chest. “I love you too.”

 

He waited a few moments. “Will you marry me?”

 

He waited tensely for her reply.

 

“Yes,” she whispered back.

 

And that was it.

 

Outcome of conversation: 10/10

 



 

A/N:

 

This story has got a lot of extras but I guess it’s worth it. :3

And lovely peepz, do check her DaraHae fic out. Click away and bug her to insanity. *evil laugh*