Pretty Girl

Story Dedicated To...

 

 

Starring: Dara Park, Kwon Jiyong

Dedicated to all Applers who were devastated when they learned that TabiSan is real.

=^w^=

*troll*

Fine, this story is dedicated to Kwon Jiyong who is jealous and peeved with my raging TabiSan feels.

Oppa, please calm your pits.



 

Pretty girl, you’ve been crying again.

Don’t even try to lie by burying your tear-stained face in your hands. People may think I’m stupid, but I’m not blind.

I’m not blind not to see the mess he created in his apartment—broken glass, upturned furnitures, clothes strewn all over the place. I’m not blind not to see the tears rolling down on your cheeks. I’m not blind not to see you’re hurting all over and is miserable with him.

I’m not blind. But so are you. So why can’t you see he’s not the one for you?

It’s sad, but it’s also obvious he’s using you as a decoration. A plaything to feed his massive ego. He doesn’t even care about your feelings, your scars and your dreams.

Tell me. When was the last time he treated you special? After you started dating him, have you ever thought you were happy?

I’m an outsider, and I know it’s not polite to pry on someone else’s business, but I want you to know that you’re too good for a guy like him. You’re too beautiful to be crying every day. You need to be loved and find a guy who will treat you right.

I slowly approach you, careful not to step on the glass your precious boyfriend managed to break, and sit right by your side. I steal a glance at you and I see that you’re still sobbing. It must have been some fight for you to be crying this long. But then again, you’re always having a fight with him. It has become a cycle. You’ll have a blazing row, he’ll leave, you’ll cry. Don’t you get tired of this? Of this arrangement? Of this relationship?

You deserve better love.

I gently nudge your shoulder using my forehead, hoping you’ll finally notice me. You do, and you throw a small smile at me. I would have felt better if that smile was not so sad. These days, I notice that your smiles have gotten smaller and sadder. I miss the smiles you used to make—radiant and happy smiles—and I honestly want one now, but that would be selfish of me. You’re clearly distraught and me being selfish won’t help you.

So I make myself contented with resting my head on your lap as I lay down the floor. You make no protest so I assume it is okay with you. Seconds later, I feel your hand brushing my hair and I sink in further to comfort.

I don’t know how long it was that we were in that position but it is almost dark when you rise to clean up the apartment. I try to help, but I also reckon that cleaning the room takes your mind off of things, and I let you.

You finally reach the kitchen, and start to prepare something for dinner. Your face looks lighter and I’m very glad, that I decide to play a little joke with you. I play with the cherry tomatoes you bought in the market and you playfully scold me, telling me that tomatoes easily bruise, and should not be played with. I feign hurt by sniffing and you immediately rush to my side, hugging me, apologizing before going back to the counter.

For a while, you seem happier. You even let me have a taste of what you cooked.

As you finish, the door opens and in comes your jerk of a boyfriend. My light mood changes abruptly to disgruntlement when I see you hug him from behind and utter an apology. He smiles at you and says, “Don’t worry, babe. I forgive you.”

He really is a jerk.

You don’t seem to mind though because you beam at him like he’s a god, and it makes me sick.

He sees me, and gives me a good-humored tousle of hair, but I’m feeling angry so I ignore him and walk out of the apartment. I don’t need to see you all getting cozy with him like nothing happened. I’m not much of a pretender. I hate him…but I couldn’t hate on you.

Not a week has passed, but here we go again. The endless cycle. It is uglier than the last one though.

You caught him in bed with another.

That bastard.

After shopping at the flea market, you go straight to your bedroom while I wait in the kitchen, anticipating the lunch you promised earlier. Then I hear raised voices and my body tense up immediately. As I make my way to your room, a girl clutching a bedsheet to cover herself comes out and confusion kicks in.

You and him get out of the room, still yelling, your faces both angry. He tries to hug you or something and you push him away. You say something and he goes still. I don’t know what that word means but he looks livid after that. Next, I see his hand posed to hurt you and in a split second, he hits you square in the face.

 

I lost my bearings as the blood reaches my head. I rush to him, with the full intention to hurt him like he hurt you. But he is much more agile than I am, and he manages to dodge my attack and strikes me instead. The blow is so strong that I get pushed to the corner of the room and I hit the upturned metal chair.

It hurt so much, I cannot even stand straight. Instead of stopping, he walks to me and kicks me at the side repeatedly. You try to intervene so he turns to you instead and this time, punches your pretty face. You fell on the floor with a loud thud and I wince, not liking the sound one bit.

Making a smug huff, he leaves the room and us, not even turning to look back once.

For about half an hour, none of us make an attempt to stand up and recollect ourselves. Truthfully, I’m still hurting. Not only with physical but also emotionally. I’ve been his friend for so long, and never once did I hurt him. Talk about betrayal. I feel absolutely betrayed.

And then you. He hurt you. He hit you with his hand. The thought is enough to make my blood boil.

He has no right.

He doesn’t deserve you.

You’re pretty enough. You deserve better than this hell you’re living in. I don’t understand as to why you cannot leave that person. Even though you’re hurting, you keep going back. You’re not a fool, so it makes me mad.

Then I hear you sobbing.

To hear you crying because of that guy, I get so confused. You’re not stupid, but you’re incredibly stubborn. To hear you crying because of love, it breaks me. Love isn’t supposed to make someone cry.

I stand up, get the blanket from the floor and spread it on your body, hoping it’ll give you some warmth or something. You tightly cling to it as your sobs rack your body. I feel tears coming out of my eyes.

Pretty girl, that guy still doesn’t know you, the real you. No, he doesn’t know. He can’t see the jewel inside of you.

He’s blind to it.

He’s hopelessly blind to it.

He’s one-sided.

He’s completely pathetic.

I move to where your suitcase is and drag it in front of you. Then I grab your clothes and placed them on top of the bag. You just watch me while I continue with this, and I stop briefly to look at you.

I silently hope you’re getting what I mean. But for it to work, you need courage to do the rest.

I walk out of the apartment, my head hanging low, and pray that by the time I get back, you’re ready.

I came back after a small walk, and see you standing in the middle of the living room, all dressed and composed.

“I’m leaving him,” you say to me. My face doesn’t show it, but deep inside, I am smiling. I smile because you finally realize that you deserve someone better. Someone who’ll take care of you, someone who’ll be thankful he has you. Someone who’ll love you the way you deserve it, pretty girl.

You smile back at me, and let out a light chuckle, as I tug your free hand, leading you out the door.

You stop for a while, appraising me. “You’re coming with me?” you ask, your voice hinting surprise and amusement.

Yes. Yes, I would. I would follow wherever you want to go. I may not be a big kind of help, but maybe, just maybe, I can keep you happy, just for a while, and take your mind off him. You’ll allow me to come, won’t you?

You laugh, and it was the happiest sound I heard from you, ever. I take it in, cherishing that moment. You envelop me in a tight hug, and let out a whisper so low, that even with my hearing, I had to strain my ears to comprehend what you’re saying.

“Thank you, Gaho.”

Those three words made my heart sing.

As we walk out of the door, out of his apartment, out of his life, I see you smile, and damn, girl, I’ve never seen you look prettier.



 

A/N:

*troll*

Did I manage to give you a 'WTF' factor? LOL