Reason Why He's Leaving

Story Dedicated To...

Starring: Dara Park, Choi Seunghyun, Choi Siwon

A story dedicated to my co-author. Miss you eonni.


11:01

He was leaving her.

11:24

Siwon lifted the wine glass to his lips and caught the sight of a sparkling engagement ring sitting on the table before him. It had been his family for three generations and sadness bubbled in his belly. He would’ve cried, but he was far too dignified to succumb to such urges.

He glanced at the ring.

It was priceless in the eyes of his family and society, but worthless in hers; just rock and metal…

But that wasn’t why he was leaving her.

11:32

He refilled his glass.

Siwon had been a lot of things but he’d never been stupid. The signs had been in his face for years. Two years ago, Siwon had caught Dara gawking at Choi Seunghyun. He’d been chatting with Kim Yuna, and when the famous figure skater had platonically kissed his cheek, Dara had frowned. That had been the first sign.

Seunghyun’s lingering looks at Dara had been the second.

Her response to his accusation: “That’s absurd. He’s my friend…and labelmate.”

Siwon had accepted her lie because the truth was a harder pill to swallow.

He stared at the ring.

It was supposedly proof that her heart was his, but that was a lie. It belonged to him…

But that wasn’t why he was leaving her.

11:46

After his final glass of wine, Siwon rose to his wobbly feet.

Hatred. Where was it? He wanted it to consume him. Its presence would make leaving easier. Siwon wanted to hate Dara’s fidelity. She’d never cheated, but she’d been dishonest with her love. He wanted to hate Seunghyun for nodding when he’d answered Siwon’s only question: “Do you love her?” Siwon wanted to hate himself for overlooking the signs. He even wanted to hate YGE for providing the  atmosphere that had fostered their secret affection for one another. But he couldn’t.

The fault belonged to no one.

He frowned at the ring.

It symbolized what he would’ve gained—a wife—but instead reminded him of what he was losing…

But that wasn’t why he was leaving her.

11:58

With his suitcases in hand, Siwon stood in the doorway of their bedroom.

Many questions ran around in his head. Will Seunghyun wait long to confess? When will he take his side of the bed? Will she marry him? Siwon cringed. He Needed to leave..

When he entered the lounge, his legs felt like lead. Where was that hatred? There had to be more to feel than pain and heartache.

He looked at the ring.

The engagement would be something that he’d talk her into, but no more. Siwon placed the ring on his shirt pocket and backed away If they loved each other, then he would take himself out of the equation to make things easier for them.

Why? Because someone had said that to truly love someone was to let them go…

And that was why he was leaving her.