Chapter 4

Promise

“Xiao Xun, where did you put my socks?” Aaron yelled out to the living room.

“Here I’ll get it for you.” She walked through the door to their room to help him get his socks.

“Thanks.” He coldly smiled.

“I won’t be home until later tonight. I’m going to go eat dinner with my mom. I’ll make you something to eat before I leave.” She informed him.

“No it’s alright, I’ll see if I can leave earlier to have dinner with you guys.” He gave her a kiss on her cheek before he left for work.

Aaron finally arrived at the 75 story building, walking into the building he heard the people around him call to him, “Good Morning, Mr. Yan.” He politely smiled to each one of them. He walked into a full elevator and pressed on the button to the 75th floor. At a busy hour like this it would take him a full 12 minutes to get to the top floor.

Through the 12 minutes his memories began to flow through his mind again.

*Flashback*

2 days after Guigui has been gone, he kept trying to call her cell but it was off he left as many messages as he could but none were replied to.

Without Guigui his heart was gone. He was cold, he couldn’t feel anything, and he didn’t want to do anything. He had no more goals, he had no more passion for life, all he wanted was her.

“Aaron, you can keep hiding like this. All you do now is go to school and come home, you don’t have a life anymore.” A soft voice crept up behind him as he was looking out his window hoping that Guigui would show up at his doorstep something soon.

“Can you leave me alone? Let me be I just want to wait for her. I want her to be here with me. I miss her, I miss her, I really miss her. Without her I have nothing. Without her in my life, my life would not have meaning to it anymore.” Tears in his eyes started to build up.

“Can you be a man and grow up? There is more in this world then just her. If she really loved you she would have listened to you explain to her before she left. She would pick up your calls, and reply to all your messages. Don’t you think that she might have done that to you on purpose?” She angrily spat at him.

“Xiao Xun, what should I do? I can’t continue on living like I used to without her.” As tears were sliding down his cheeks and onto her shoulders as he walked up to hug her.

“If you love her, then you should live better then you did before. Finish school, graduate university, and inherit your dad’s company to get a better future for yourself so that when she comes back she can see that even without her you can live your life to its fullest. And even better then when she was around.” She tried to comfort him.

*End of Flashback*

He finally arrived to the top floor he walked past the receptionist to his office. He sighed at what he saw, the sign that had big black letters writing CEO – Aaron Yan. He then opened to door to walk in to begin his work of the day.

Somehow things were different for him today. He couldn’t concentrate on anything. All he could think about was Guigui, because today would have been their 7th year anniversary for the day that they started going out.

Even thought that everything for him has been going smoothly, he felt as if something in his life was missing. A piece of his heart was still missing. Even though that it had been 5 years since she had felt he still misses her.

It’s not like that he doesn’t have more then what others have, but the one thing that he most wants isn’t by his side, and thinking about it every year really hurts him.

As much as a big corporation that he is in charge of, millions of dollars for him to spend, a huge mansion with maids for him to use, his parents, and even his wife Xiao Xun can’t even win his heart over for just one Guigui.

Just as he was deep into his thoughts his phone rang.

“Hello?” He picked up.

“Babe, you left a file at home. You want me to bring it over for you?” The voice of his wife, Xiao Xun came through the other line.

“No, it’s not important. I’ll deal with it tomorrow.” He simply answered.

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later then.” She happily said before hanging up.

The images of the day of what changed his life forever were replaying in his mind for the 250th time to today.

*Flashback*

It has been 1263 days since Guigui left him, he clearly remembered. He has been counting every day, because they were the most painful days of his life.

“Aaron, I don’t care what you do you and Xiao Xun are getting married. Look at how much she has done for you. She has been by your side every day since Guigui has left you. Don’t you think that the least you can do is return to love back to her by marrying her?” His mom asked him.

“Mom, the only one I’m going to marry is Guigui. No matter how long I wait, I will not betray her.” He stood strong, and then quickly walked out of the café.

As he was crossing the street he heard a loud honk getting closer, and closer. Before he knew it he was pushed to the other side of the road and a huge boom came behind him. He turned to see what had happened.

“Xiao Xun!” He ran up to her seeing that he leg was hit by the car.

Thankfully it was only a bone fracture and a scar on her right leg, but after she saved his life. He had no choice but to marry her because she really did more than his life can repay. Without her he would still have been sitting in his room waiting for Guigui every day. He wouldn’t have graduated University at the age of 18 and help his dad run the company so quickly. And as of that day she also saved his life.

*End of Flashback*