Namjoo's Story and Unexpected Person

You're the Only One

“Isn’t it obvious?” he said, “I could watch her if she’s at our house. If she’s in here, I couldn’t visit her every day.

Silence fills the room but then Dongwoon nodded his head, “sure. Why not?”

.

You’re the Only One

Kim Myungsoo/Son Naeun

~when you realized that he’s the only one that makes you happy and ruined you at the same time~

Storyline © whentomorrowcomes | characters © God and themselves

Part 7

.#.

“Mrs. Kim, Dr. Nam told me that you will be discharge this afternoon,” Naeun raised her eyebrow at the nurse.

“What?” she asked, “What did you called me just now?”

The nurse seems a little bit nervous when Naeun gave her a piercing gaze, “Er—Mrs. Kim Naeun, right?”

Naeun sneered, “I’m Son Naeun, dear.” She corrected.

“But ma’am, you’re registered in here under the name of Kim Naeun,” she tried to explain. And that explanation made Naeun frowned.

“Can you tell me who’s registering me?” she asked. And the young nurse nodded.

“Your husband ma’am,” she answered, “Mr. Kim Myungsoo.”

She snickered and mumbled to herself, “I should have known it.”

“What did the doctor told you about me…” she stopped because she didn’t know her name. She flashed a bright smile and bowed to her.

“I’m Yoo Ara, ma’am,” she said, “and Dr. Nam told me that you will be discharged this afternoon and we will keep monitoring your condition at your house. Dr. Nam’s wife will be your personal nurse and take care of you.”

“Oh,” was only her answer.

“Do you need anything else, ma’am?” Ara asked her again and she shook her head once again.

“I’m fine,” she answered, “thank you, Ara.”

.#.

“How are you feeling, baby?” Myungsoo asked as he opened her door and put another bouquet of pink roses onto the vase—throw the still fresh old one and replace it with the one that he bought.

“Why didn’t you ask me first?” was only her answer. Myungsoo frowned but glad when Naeun didn’t push him like the last time.

“What?”

“They told me that I would be discharge today,” she stated and he nodded his head.

“And?”

“Why did you didn’t tell me and just decided something on your own?” she asked.

“Naeun-ah…” Myungsoo called and placed his hand on top of hers and glad that she didn’t snapped at him and just let it, “I just want you to get better. If I left you at home, no one will take care of you.”

“I have Hayoung and Howon oppa,” she said, “and I have my brother too.” Myungsoo just smiled.

“Baby,” he called softly, “you don’t want to be a burden to them right? If you’ll come with me, Namjoo and your personal nurse can take care of you.” He explained, “And actually, your brother lives with me right now so you can see him every day if you’re with me.”

.#.

Though Naeun didn’t want to stay at Myungsoo parent’s house but she was in no condition of protesting or fighting in Myungsoo. Her body felt so weak now. With special addition her wrist that wrapped in bandage and felt hurt every time she moved her hand. All she did was laid on the bed. She didn’t bother to even talk to him.

A knock at the door woke her from her daydream and the said knockers came in with a huge smile on her face.

“Namjoo-yah…” somehow, being in the Kim’s mansion really depressed her and fortunately there’s Namjoo and also Eunji who always visited her and brighten her day.

“Unnie, which one’s better?” she asked while showed Naeun her design. She flinched a bit while concentrating on what she’s drawing.

“The right one,” she answered after a few second. Namjoo smiled.

“I knew it! I know Soo oppa will always choose the black one so I asked you instead because you’ll give a fair judgment not like that old poker faced brother of mine,” Naeun chuckled when she addressed her brother that way. Namjoo smiled warmly when she saw Naeun’s laughing.

“You know what unnie,” she said calmly, “this is the second time you’re laughing after Myungie oppa brought you home four days ago.”

“You look beautiful when you’re smiling, unnie,” Namjoo added, “now I know why my brother loves you so much until made him insane like that.”

“What do you mean?” Naeun frowned. Namjoo covered while muttering “Oops” playfully.

Then she pulled out a chair and placed it besides Naeun’s bed and sat down on it, “Nah, just pretend that I never said that, okay?” she winked playfully.

Naeun nodded and decided to change the topic, “are these your new design?”

“What?” Namjoo asked and then eyed on her drawing book, “No, I just want to make something and wears it when Sungjong oppa come back here.”

“Sungjong?”

She smiled again, “Ah, I haven’t told you about him, eh?”

Naeun shook her head, “will you tell me?”

“It’s a long story,” she started, “I met him two months after I came to London. We’re taking the same major and he’s my senior at Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design or CSM as me and my friend like to address it. It’s pretty cliché, I met him when he’s on the design studio, drawing his newest design of Womenswear. And his design caught my eyes because it’s so beautiful yet simple. We talked a lot that day and it continues like that. Sometimes we’ll hang out at the café nearby or go to the clubs. But we’ve been very busy with each other’s own live and it’s so hard to live in other people’s country without you parents. That’s why I took a part-time job to support my living in there which made me couldn’t even see his showcase.”

Naeun smiled when she could see the sparks from Namjoo’s big eyes when she tells her her story. It’s been a long time since she met someone so cheerful but also can be a mature and wise like Namjoo and also Eunji. And it feels refreshing to her.

“Kim Namjoo, what are you doing?? Naeunie needs to rest you kid.” Suddenly they could hear sounds from the door and made both of them turns their head just to see a young woman with straight hair at the door. The woman folded one her arms while the others were grabbing a tiny hand. The owner of the small hands ran towards her bed and climbed to her just to tackeld her into a big hug.

“Naeun auntie!” Kim Yoojung screamed and made the three woman giggled at the pony-tailed hair girl cuteness. Naeun smiled and ruffled Yoojung’s hair lovingly.

“How are you, auntie?” she asked, “Umma said you were sick! Are you okay now?”

Naeun nodded, “Auntie’s fine, sweetheart. Don’t worry.”

Yoojung smiled widely and showing her gums, “good then! Or Yoojung will get mad at Uncle Myung for always busy with works and not taking care of my pretty auntie!”

“Kim Yoojung,” Eunji reminded her daughter and her daughter just murmured a protest.

“Namjoo-yah, what are you doing here?” Eunji asked. Namjoo showed her her drawing books and Eunji just muttered an “Ah…”

“I like the right one,” she commented, “orange will looks good on you.”

Namjoo grinned, “thanks, unnie. But where’s Myungsoo oppa?”

“Why are you asking him instead?” Eunji asked back.

“Well, he’s usually the one who always picked Yoojungie from school right?”

“Yep, but he and Gyu oppa needs to attend an important meeting at Busan,” Eunji explained, “but they’ll be back soon.”

“Oh… okay then…” was only Namjoo’s response.

“Kim Yoojung, come here, baby,” Eunji said, “Naeun auntie needs a rest.”

“But, umma~” Yoojung pouted and made Naeun giggled over her cuteness.

“Don’t worry, Yoojung-ah. Auntie will play with you later, okay?” she said while caressed the girl’s head. Yoojung smiled happily and nodded her head.

“But Auntie, you will join our family dinner right?” she asked again. Naeun frowned and Namjoo squealed.

“It’s today???” she stood up and screamed and made the three women closed their ears, “Unnie! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I forgot okay!” Eunji screamed back with her accent, but then she took a deep breath and said, “anyway, you already know it now. So you can help Naeunie dress up for later. ‘kay?”

Namjoo sighed but then nodded her head, “Yes, ma’am.”

Eunji grinned at her and pulled her daughter, “let’s go, hamster-girl.”

Yoojung nodded her head and bid goodbye to the two, “Bye Naeun auntie! Namjoo auntie!”

Namjoo slopped back to her seat and sighed heavily, “Unnie. Help me to run away to the airport. I better be in the London now than have to attend that scary dinner.”

“What so bad about that dinner anyway?” Naeun asked curiously.

“Because they always asked me when will I get married and from the beginning they always against my decision to got to London and go to art college. They want me to learn business. How to operating and managing our company,” she answered darkly.

“Wait, who’s ‘they’?” Naeun asked again. Namjoo gave her are-you-kidding look and scoffed.

“Who? Grandpa, Grandma, my uncles, my aunties, my already-married-cousins, and my soon-to-be married cousins and also the lonely-single cousins of course,” she answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“You mean all the Kim’s will gather and have a dinner tonight?” Naeun asked again.

“Yes, of course.”

“Namjoo-yah,” Naeun softly called her.

“Yeah?”

“Are you sure they want me to join this?” she asked, “You know. I’m not the part of Kim’s…”

Namjoo smiled and grabbed Naeun’s hand and squeezed it lightly, “Naeun unnie…” she said, “you are my family too now. Don’t ever think about that again, okay?”

.#.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Myungsoo asked with concern and Naeun just nodded her head.

Myungsoo sighed, “Until when are you going to give me this silent treatment?”

Naeun kept shut and just set her eyes at the balcony—everywhere but Myungsoo’s eyes.

“Come on, take my hand,” he said softly and offered his hand. Naeun raised her eyebrow and Myungsoo quickly added, “I want to introduce you to my family as my fiancée.”

“I’m not,” she finally opened , “Woori is.”

“No, Naeun,” Myungsoo grabbed her shoulder harshly, “how many times I should tell you that Woori is nothing?” he said with his cold voice that always made her scared. Myungsoo seemed aware that he just scared his beloved girl. He sighed and releasing his firm grip.

“I’m sorry, Naeun,” he said softly and caressed her cheek—and feel glad because she didn’t pulled away like usual. He traveled his hand down to her shoulder then to her hand and held it, “come on, everybody’s waiting for us.”

.#.

“Himchan hyung! Hyosung noona!” Myungsoo said happily and hugged another-Kim that Naeun met this night. Now she knew why Namjoo really hated the dinner. It’s just too boring and she always had to plaster a fake smile and introduces herself in a lady-like manner.

“Myungsoo-yah!” the man that he called Himchan earlier smiled and hugged him back, “how are you?”

“I’m good,” Myungsoo smiled, “I want you guys meet my fiancée, Son Naeun.”

Naeun straighten her back before bowed at them, “good evening, I’m Son Naeun.” She smiled.

“Aigoo, she’s so pretty!” Himchan exclaimed, “Nice catch, cousin.”

“Language, Kim Himchan,” the purple haired woman nudged the man, “we’re at the elders house so you can’t use our language at home.”

“You’re no fun,” Himchan shrugged and earned a glare from the woman.

“Meet my wife, Hyosung,” Himchan smiled and introduced the woman to Naeun who gave her a gummy-smile.

“Hello, I’m Son Naeun,” she bowed once again and the woman just laughed.

“No need to be so formal, Naeunie,” she said, “we’re gonna be family soon, right? So, call me unnie from now.”

Well, maybe not all the Kim’s are boring. Naeun smiled and nodded, “Yes, unnie. Thank you.”

“Where’s Namjoo, Sunggyu hyung and Eunji?” Himchan asked. Myungsoo shrugged.

“I don’t know, maybe Namjoo’s at the backyard because she really hate this event and prefer to play with Yoojung in the backyard.” Myungsoo said. Himchan nodded.

“Oh I think I just saw Jongdae and Minseok, better get them right now before those two rascal run away like the last time right? See you Myungsoo! Naeunie!” Himchan said and just strolled to the main door. Leaving the three person dumbfounded.

“I’m sorry for his weird behavior,” Hyosung said, “I don’t even know why I’m marrying that diva boy.”

Naeun chuckled and Hyosung smiled, “I better go after that boy. Grandmother will be mad if seeing him alone without me accompanying him.” She said and Naeun nodded, “hope we’ll meet soon, Naeun. And congratulation for you and Myungsoo.”

Naeun felt a pang at her heart and just gave her an awkward smile before she disappeared from her sight.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked while sneaked his arms around her shoulder. She bit her lower lips and nodded.

“Yes,” she whispered but loud enough for him to hear that.

“Come on, let’s get some seat,” he said, “You’re still not recovered yet.”

Naeun just nodded and clumsily followed Myungsoo who dragged her onto the corner of the huge dining room.

“Joonmyun hyung!” Myungsoo yelped happily when they walked through the entrance door and Naeun saw a handsome man with a warm-look, fair skin and angelic smile.

“Myungsoo!” Joonmyun smiled and patted his shoulder, “and you must be Naeun right? Myungsoo told me a lot about you.”

Naeun smiled and introduced herself for the nth time of the night, “Hello, I’m Son Naeun. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m Kim Joonmyun,” he introduced himself, “but you can call me—”

“Suho hyung! How can you leave me behind—”

Naeun’s eyed wide-opened when a dark haired, hard brown eyes and tanned guy walked in. his thick and plump lips was constantly nagging his brother for leaving him behind.

No way. Naeun thought and felt that her legs suddenly became numb. Her heart felt like crushed into million pieces when she knew that she was right. She knew the guy.

“Sorry, Jongin-ah, hyung don’t want to be late—”

“Kai…” Naeun breathed and the said guy finally recognized her and his reaction was also surprised when he saw her.

“Naeun?”

.

Part 7—End.

.

I’m so sorry for my late update. I’ve been very busy these days!

I’m in my senior year at my high school that’s why I can’t update this earlier because I need to study T.T

Anyway, here’s the update for you, my lovely readers~

And more drama because KaiEun just to asdfghjkl <3

Bbai~

.

Comments and Subscribe are <3