A Little Piece of the Past

You're the Only One

Myungsoo sighed helplessly but then he felt Hayoung’s hand grab his wrist and he nodded. He was about to give Naeun a kiss on a forehead but she pushed him harshly while screaming, “I said don’t touch me!” and she finally break down for the nth time of the day.

“I’m sorry, baby,” Myungsoo said before he walked out from the room and closed the door.

He finally slid down and hug both of his knee while he let the tears that he had fought back finally slid down from his chocolate orbs.

.

You’re the Only One

Kim Myungsoo/Son Naeun

~when you realized that he’s the only one that makes you happy and ruined you at the same time~

Storyline © whentomorrowcomes | characters © God and themselves

Part 5

.#.

“Unnie, what’s wrong with you actually?” Hayoung asked after Myungsoo closed the door. She walked tried to stood but soon after she was about to fall again but fortunately Howon grab her at the right time before she hit the cold white floor.

“Are you okay?” he asked with a concern.

“Yes, I’m fine,” she answered and asked Howon to grab her arm to support her which he did.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” she asked again in frustration.

“Watch your language. I’m older—”

“The hell I care!” she screamed. Made the other two jumped in shock, “I’m confused, okay! You’re so confusing with your childish behavior. He did nothing with but why did you do that? Did you see how hurt he was when you pushed him away?”

“He did nothing?” she asked with sarcasm, “if he did nothing, then why I ended up in this place?”

“But still it wasn’t his fault, unnie,” Hayoung said in a lower voices, “you can’t blame him—”

“Enough. Hayoung,” she snapped, “don’t. Don’t tell me what I should do or not. You’re even not my mother.”

“And I never force you to stay in here wasting your time see this pathetic state of me,” she added, “if you want to leave, just leave then! You’re here just because you pity me, don’t you?”

“Enough. Both of you.”

Naeun closed and lower her head. Because this is the first time. Howon always be the calm one, but seeing him in his angry state wasn’t a good sight. And if he’s finally exploded, it means that what she did was too much.

“I’ve heard enough, Naeun.”

He said as he wrapped his arms around his sobbing wife and tried to calm the youngest with wiped away her tears with his thumb and brought her into his embrace.

“I know what she said was a little bit too much for you to accept it,” Howon said with his usual calm tone, “but you know what she said was right.”

Naeun was about to open to give him another protest but he shut her up with, “and I’m not defending her because she’s my wife.”

“Baby, could you please leave us for a minute?” Howon said softly onto the sobbing Hayoung and she nodded. Howon smiled and wiped the tears with his thumb and give peck at her forehead before she walked out from the room.

“I’m sorry for saying this Naeun, but I’m the one who told him that you’re in here because he deserved to know the truth about your condition. And he loves you, Naeun. I can see that in his eyes. But what you’ve done was just pushed him away and drowned yourself into depression and blame him for the things that he didn’t even know. You know what the best for you, and deep down in your heart you knew that you need him as much as he needs you.”

“You’re lying,” she spat, “that’s just bull because he have everything. Money, family, love, reputation. Everything. But me? The last thing that I can call a family was just my unborn baby. And now? My baby’s gone even before I know it’s he or she,” she stopped for a second just to took a heavy breath and swallowed her sobbing, “And he still have his family and also Woori—”

“He broke the engagement,” Howon cut her words again. Her eyes getting wider when she heard it.

“What?”

“He told us when you’re sleeping,” Howon said, “that’s why he didn’t visit you early this morning because he went to Woori’s parent house to cancel their marriage.”

“Why?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Howon asked, “he loves you and he choose you over her.”

“Liar.”

Howon sighed, “please, stop being a stubborn kid.”

“I’m not.”

“You are, Naeun,” he said again, “open your eyes, Naeun. He loves you. That’s why he left Woori and also I’m sure his decisions are against his parents will but he still chose to be with you. Does it not enough for you, Naeun?”

Silence filled the room as Howon finished his words and waiting for the pale girl to give him a responds which he getting none of it. But finally she killed the silent atmosphere with, “Why are you defending him?”

Howon sighed again, didn’t expect that would be her respond. She was just too stubborn just as much as Myungsoo. They definitely match made in heaven, “I’m not taking side from both of you. I’m just telling you what I thought from me and Hayoungie’s perspective.”

She scoffed, “whatever”

Howon smiled and pat her head lightly, “I’ll go check my wife for a second, is it okay for you?”

“Sure.”

Howon smiled again and walked to the door, but when he opens it and about to close it again, he stopped and stares at her, “I really hope you’ll get what I was saying to you, Naeun. And don’t do or choose something that you’ll regret latter.”

“Yes mom.”

He chuckled and closed the door; leave her alone in the room.

She hates hospitals. The cold wall that prisoned her, the fake smile that the doctors and nurses gave to her, the pitiful stare that she always got from the people who saw her state right now, the white painted wall and also white marbled floor that surrounded her really makes her feels like being choked. She hates it. She prefers black or something’s dark. Like maroon, or maybe bloody red. She loves it.

She sighed and hopped down from her bed, she dragged her feet to the bathroom and frowned when she saw her reflections on the mirror.

Is that really me?

Since when her face became so pale? No, it wasn’t her. The girl in the mirror looks different from her. That girl looks…lifeless.

.#.

“Have you eaten?”

Hayoung turned and saw his husband standing behind her. She gave him a small smile and shook her head, “I’m not hungry.”

Howon pouted and handed her a cup of boiled instant ramyeon after took a seat beside her, “at least eat this. You look horrible.”

She chuckled and took the ramyeon from her husband’s firm hand, “thanks.”

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Howon asked. Hayoung swallowed her noodles and sip her drink before answered.

“Back to the office, something’s up he said,” she answered.

“How about Naeun unnie?”

Howon took a glance at the beauty beside him and shook his head, “I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

He sighed, “I tried to talk to her. But she’s too stubborn. Just like Myungsoo.”

She giggled, finishing her meal and stood up, “I guess I should back to her room. You need some rest, oppa. Just go home.”

Howon shook his head, “I’m fine. You need rest more than I do. Just rest and I’ll take care of her. How about that?”

She smiled, “let’s go.”

.#.

“You want to see me, father?” Myungsoo asked after opened the wooden door. A man in his mid-fifty looked back at him and nods his head. Myungsoo stepped in to the brown carpet at walked to his father’s table.

“Woori’s parent called me,” he said straight to the point. Like usual, “is it true?”

Myungsoo startled aback for a second before answering with a clear answer, “Yes, that’s true, father.”

That man stood up and walked onto him then grabs his shoulder firmly and looked straight at his son’s brown orbs, “why didn’t you talked to me first before you made a decision? You’re just exactly like your brother.”

Myungsoo taken a back for a minute and keep his mouth to shut. But that’s not what his father wanted him to behave.

“Kim Myungsoo, answer me.” He demanded with his deep voices. Full of authority, and also dignity. That’s the only words for him to describe his father.

“I want to make my own decision for this, father,” he finally said, “it’s about my future and I’m old enough to make this decision.”

“I don’t think that’s your truly intension, Myungsoo,” he said again, “Son Naeun, right?”

His eyes wide-opened and he saw his father gave him a smirk. Their signature smirk. But then Myungsoo took a deep breath and answered, “Yes father. She’s the girl I want to marry.”

“Why her?”

“I love her too much,” the word slip from his mouth even before he could process what his father said.

“I ask Mr. Yoon to investigate everything about her and he gave me something that really surprises me.”

His father walked back to his table and grabs a paper then read it out loud, “Son Naeun, daughter of Son Ilrak, professor at Cheongju University and also little sister of Son Dongwoon—”

“What? She has a brother? And she’s Dongwoon’s sister?”

“She didn’t tell you?” his father gave him a questioning look.

“She only told me that her parents were dead because of airplane crash when she was eighteen,” he answered.

“As you know son, Son Ilrak was my best friend. And his last words to me were to take care of his little girl. But unfortunately I don’t know anything about his children except Dongwoon because he’s your friend and I never met his youngest child because she spent almost her entire life in China and she just went back to Seoul twice a year. And I didn’t even meet her at Ilrak’s funeral because her flight was delayed because of storm.” His father explained.

“And now, what do you want me to do about her, father?” finally he said what’s on his mind since the time he opened his father’s door.

“Tell Dongwoon everything,” the man said, “he deserves to know about his lost sister.”

“But we’re lost contact after he left to Japan three years ago,” Myungsoo said and he frowned when he saw his father smiled at him.

“He’s here son,” he said, “he’s at your brother’s with your sister and brother. Tell him everything, alright son? I guess that’s the last thing I could do for his father.”

“What? Namjoo’s here too?” he asked again. And his father nodded.

“She’s just arrived from England this morning,” he answered, “don’t forget what I I said to you, Son. Tell him.”

Myungsoo bowed at him and answered, “I will.”

He stepped out from the office and stopped when his hand was about to reach the door knob because his father called him. “Son.”

“Yes, father?” he answered.

“I give you our blessing. I already talked to your mom and we approved Naeun. Take care of her.”

Seems like heavy weight has been pulled out from his shoulders and he gave him a bow once again and smiled happily, “I will, father. Thank you so much.”

.#.

He was still in the hallway but the loud sound of the familiar laughter already could be heard. Myungsoo smiled and fasten his pace.

“Myung!”

He turned and smiled when he saw his secretary called him. He waits until she stopped in front of her, “What’s wrong, hyungsoo-nim*?”

Eunji blushed when he called her that, “Aish. I already told you just call me Eunji. I’m still younger than you after all.”

“But you’re my brother’s wife, of course—”

“Oh stop it Myung, we’re just arguing nonsense,” she cut his word and smiled widely, “what are you doing in here?”

“Father said that Dongwoon was at hyung’s room with Joo and I want to see him,” he answered with a smile, “and what are you doing in here?”

“Me?” she pointed at herself, “Oppa told me to come at his office and here I am.”

“Then let’s go, we don’t want to make that old hamster wait for too long, right?” he said. She giggled and they walked together.

He opened the door and Eunji stepped in then he walked behind her.

“Wife! You’re here!”

She giggled when his husband called her that and answered, “yes husband, I’m here. And looks like somebody wants to see you too.”

Kim Sunggyu laughed when he saw his younger brother walked behind his wife, “you’re here too, Myungsoo-yah.”

Myungsoo was about to answered but suddenly he was taken aback when her sister tackled him in a bone-crushing hug while screaming, “Myungie oppa! I missed you!”

He chuckled and returning the hug while saying, “I missed you too, Joo Joo.”

“And hey to you too, Dongwoon.” He said after broke the hug. Dongwoon smiled widely and gave his best friend a friendly hug.

“It’s really good to see you again,” he said, “how are you?”

“Well you know that I always love Japan,” Dongwoon answered, “and it’s really good to be out from the entire problem in here.”

He was about to replying his friend but a phone call shut him out. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and read Hayoung’s name on the screen.

“I’m sorry, but I have to answer this one,” he said. Dongwoon nodded and watched as his friend put the phone at his ear.

“Yes, Hayoung-sshi?”

“Myung-Myungsoo oppa! Naeun unnie…” he frowned because he couldn’t understand every single word that she said because her voice was shaking a lot.

“Calm down, Hayoung-sshi,” he tried to coaxing the girl, “what happened to Naeun?”

“She tried to killed herself,”

His eyes shoot wide open, “What??!”

.

Part 5—End

.

*hyungsoo-nim: formal way to address your sister-in-law.

A loooong update for you because I’m such a slow updater and I felt sorry because I can’t update everyday… I have life too…

Anybody knew about T-ara’s scandal? Well, I felt sorry for them~ but just wait for the truth to be told, right?

And I really loves the Kim’s family~ I just can’t imagine how an ice prince, nagging leader, and two hyper girls at the same roof LOL

.

Comments and Subscribe are <3

bai~