Their Story

You're the Only One

“Myung-Myungsoo oppa! Naeun unnie…” he frowned because he couldn’t understand every single word that she said because her voice was shaking a lot.

“Calm down, Hayoung-sshi,” he tried to coaxing the girl, “what happened to Naeun?”

“She tried to killed herself,”

His eyes shoot wide open, “What??!”

.

You’re the Only One

Kim Myungsoo/Son Naeun

~when you realized that he’s the only one that makes you happy and ruined you at the same time~

Storyline © whentomorrowcomes | characters © God and themselves

Part 6

.#.

Myungsoo could only caress Naeun’s hair, eyes on that sleeping figure. Her cheeks were wet with tears and she looked paler than before.

It broke his heart into pieces to see Naeun so broken like this. He never knew Naeun was this fragile. Or maybe he was the reason who made Naeun so fragile like this. As if she will break at the slight touch of a feather.

“Naeun, I’m sorry.” Myungsoo’s voice was husky because he could feel tears in his throat. He wasn’t someone who was easy to cry but seeing Naeun like this killed him.

He was really shocked to hear that Naeun tried to kill herself by cutting her wrist with a piece of the mirror that she broke at the bathroom. He could only face-palm himself after Naeun was finished with her treatment. Luckily, Hayoung noticed Naeun’s act when she came to check on her or not, she will die now.

Hayoung scolded herself over and over again for leaving Naeun alone and Howon was trying to calm her down with hugging her tightly. She should have known that leaving Naeun for a while will cause her trouble. Myungsoo heaved out a sigh as he eyes on Naeun, lying on the bed, helplessly.

“I’m sorry oppa. I should take care of her more carefully.” Hayoung apologized to him.

Myungsoo gripped Naeun’s hand, brushing the soft skin. He didn’t know how to save Naeun now. She was too lifeless. She didn’t even have the spirit too stay alive anymore. And Myungsoo only blamed himself for this. If he realized his love for Naeun much earlier, then this thing will not happen.

“I don’t blame you, Hayoung-sshi.” Myungsoo said. “I should thank you instead, if you didn’t watch her. She wouldn’t be in here.”

“Myungsoo-yah,”

The three turned their head at the door and saw a man with foreign look and blonde hair.

“Dongwoon,” he said breathlessly, “come in.”

Dongwoon stepped in and walked straight to Myungsoo. His eyes narrowed when he recognizes whose lying on the bed “is that…?”

Myungsoo nodded weakly, “yes.”

“I’m sorry for interupting,” Howon voices makes both of them looked at him, “but who are you, Mister?

Dongwoon smiled, “Ah, how impolite am I for not introducing myself. I’m Son Dongwoon, Naeun’s older brother.”

“What? Naeun unnie has a brother?” Hayoung asked.

“You don’t know either?” Myungsoo asked. Hayoung nodded and Dongwoon just smiled.

“Maybe she has her own reason why she didn’t want to tell you our family’s own story, right?” he just smiled. Howon broke the awkward atmosphere with clearing his throat.

“I’m Lee Howon and this is my wife, Oh Hayoung,” he introduced himself and bowing slighly with Hayoung followed him, “we’re Naeun’s neighbor and also you can tell my wife and Naeun are best friend.”

“And they are the one who always take care of Naeun when I’m not in Korea,” Myungsoo explained. Dongwoon smiled and then bowing to the couple.

“Thank you so much for taking care of my sister,” he said, “I hope she’s not burdening both of you.”

“No, no. of course not,” Hayoung said while smiling, “Naeun unnie is a really good company for me.”

“And anyone wants to tell me why she’s in here?” Dongwoon asked. He looked at the couple and his best friend who keeps their mouth shut. He could see at their eyes that they were hesitated.

“Myungsoo? Wanna tell me what happened with Naeun?” he looked straight at the man eyes and he stood up.

“I’ll tell you outside,” he said.

“Why?”

“You can tell him here, Myungsoo. We can help you too,” Howon said. Myungsoo sighed and throw himself again to the chair. He took the pale hand and squeezed it tightly.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t,” he said, “come on, Dongwoon.”

He then stood up and looked at the couple, “please take care of her while I’m out for a while.”

“We will,” Hayoung said reassuring the man. He smiled then walked straight to the door with Dongwoon following him from behind.

.#.

“Now, tell me,” Dongwoon said as soon as he sat down at the brown sofa. Myungsoo sighed loudly and sip his coffee.

“Will you forgive me, Dongwoon?” he asked softly. Dongwoon frowned.

“Why?” he asked back, “Why should I forgive you if you did nothing—”

“It’s my fault,” he said weakly, “it’s my fault she ended up in the hospital.”

“What do you mean?”

Myungsoo sighed once again, “Of course you know that Woori and I were engaged.”

He stopped for a moment to take a deep breath, “do you remember Byunghun? Our friend in college?”

“Sohyun’s boyfriend?” Dongwoon asked and Myungsoo nod his head.

“Well, I went to his club and that’s where I met Naeun for the first time. And maybe its sounds stupid but I fell in love at a first sight with her. And after I successfully knew her name we ended up at my apartment. And of course you know what happened to us. In the morning, I couldn’t find her because she already leaving. I’m going crazy at that time and I ordered my people to look for her. To get everything about her. she really drives me crazy.”

He sighed loudly and a small smile plastered on his face, “and then, a few month later I found her. She’s a teacher at my niece’s kindergarten. And I always use excuse to pick Yoojung from her school just because I want to get closer to her. Unfortunately Sunggyu hyung and Eunji didn’t mind it and they didn’t feel suspicious at all because suddenly I want to pick their daughter from her school every day. That’s how we get closer to each other while I cheated behind Woori’s back. I don’t want Woori to be suspicious to me I asked Naeun to quit her job and I bought her a new apartment because I have a feeling that Woori knew what I did with Naeun.”

“Woori knew it? How?” Dongwoon asked.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “maybe one of her father’s employee or her friends saw us together. That’s why I moved with her. Leave my apartment and decline Woori’s offer to live with her, because I want to make sure that she was safe. Of course you knew what she could do if something blocked her way. Remember what happened to that poor girl Jo Hyunyoung?”

“Who’s Jo Hyunyoung?”

“One of Woori’s ex-stylist. She was kicked out because she cut Woori’s hair too short.”

“Really?” Dongwoon chuckled, “whoa, that’s crazy.”

Myungsoo sighed, “yeah.”

“Continue your story,” Dongwoon said. Myungsoo nodded.

“But then Sunggyu hyung asked me to handle our company in Japan because Joonmyun hyung still in the China and needs to settle things down in there before gave the company to Jongin. He’s still young and he needs some time to adjust with the work as the new owner of our new company branch while Joonmyun hyung was there to train him. That’s why he couldn’t leave China and I have to take the responsibility of our company in Japan which takes three months long. When I came back, she called me and telling that she was three months pregnant with my child.”

Myungsoo sighed again and sip his coffee.

“Just that? You still didn’t answer my question, Myungsoo. Why did she end up at the hospital?” Dongwoon asked again.

“I’m not done yet, Dongwoon,” he said, “I actually didn’t know how she ended up at the hospital because I need to get straight to the office after I landed in Seoul. Eunji already arranged four meetings for me and all of it was very important that’s why I couldn’t go to her home. But when finally I was able to come home, Howon hyung said that she was in the hospital. Then I heard when she told Hayoung-sshi what happened to her, she lost the baby because of Woori—”

“What??” Dongwoon almost shouted but fortunately he could hold himself, “But, how??”

“Don’t ask. It’s horrible,” Myungsoo answered bitterly, “but now, she hates me. She doesn’t want to see me anymore.”

Myungsoo bit his lip and closed his eyes as he tried to prevent his sobs. Really, he wasn’t a crybaby at a first place.

But now?

Look at him.

So vulnerable. Just because a woman named Son Naeun.

He could feel a pat on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and was a reassuring smile on Dongwoon’s face.

“What would you do if I telling you something?” Dongwoon asked. Myungsoo frowned and gave Dongwoon a gesture which means to him to continue, “Sunggyu hyung told me that you broke yours and Woori’s engagement.”

“You know?”

Dongwoon nodded, “your father told your brother when I and Namjoo were there.”

Dongwoon squeeze his shoulder lightly and smiled, “take care of my sister, Myungsoo. Please?”

Myungsoo nodded, “I will, Dongwoon.”

.#.

“Unnie, you’re awake!”

She could feel Hayoung’s tears wetting her hair when that girl gave her a hug while sobbing. Oh god, she was just opened her eyes and now she already have to face the crybaby girl.

“Promise me you wouldn’t do that again,” Hayoung said after releasing the hug. Naeun smiled and nodded weakly.

“I’m sorry…” she said softly. Hayoung smiled and went back to her chair.

“We’re so worried about you unnie,” she said.

“How long—”

“You’re sleeping?” she cut her words, “almost ten hours.”

“Oh,” was only her reply before she closed her eyes again.

.#.

“Naeun-ah…”

She blinked a few times before her eyes finally could recognize the owner of the voice that sounds oh-so-familiar to her.

“Dongwoon oppa?” she mumbled softly. She could see that the man that she missed the most is smiling, “what are you doing in here?”

Dongwoon smiled and pat her head lovingly, “I’ve been searching for you everywhere, Naeun. And I finally found you.”

She smiled a bit, “but where did you go after mom and dad’s funeral?”

“Japan,” he answered, “but don’t worry, I will stay in here from now.”

Her face lightens a bit, “really?”

And she could see that his brother nod his head. Dongwoon brushed his hand at his hair softly and mumbled, “Sleep. I’ll take care of you.”

She nodded and closed her eyes again. She could hear a footsteps and a door opened before dreamland approach her.

.#.

“How’s her condition?” Myungsoo asked as soon as he entered the room. Dongwoon smiled widely.

“She’s not mad at me, Myungsoo,” he said happily. Myungsoo smiled a bit and replace the pink rose bouquet at the vase with the new one that he just bought.

“That’s a relief,” he said. But then he put that serious mask again and faced his best friend.

“Dongwoon, I want to take her home,” he said, “I’ll hire personal nurse to take care of her.”

“Whoa, wait,” Dongwoon said, “you’ll take her to her house?”

“No, to my family’s house,” he answered.

“But, why?” Dongwoon asked. Myungsoo sighed and slammed his body down to the couch.

“Isn’t it obvious?” he said, “I could watch her if she’s at our house. If she’s in here, I couldn’t visit her every day.

Silence fills the room but then Dongwoon nodded his head, “sure. Why not?”

.

Part 6—End

.

Oh, what am I writing?? Blah.

Maybe this is just because I haven’t updated for a long time and I really want to update something right now…

And, Dear Mr. Wu Yifan and Mr. Lee Howon, both of you are just PERFECT!

Okay, this’s maybe sounds insane but i think I a little bit too much like them.

.

Comments and Subscribe are <3

bai~