Problem

You're the Only One

You’re the Only One

Kim Myungsoo/Son Naeun

~when you relized that he’s the only one that makes you happy and ruined you at the same time~

Storyline © whentomorrowcomes | characters © God and themselves

Part 1

.

Son Naeun stared blankly at the empty ceiling that shows the dark sky outside and sighed—again. She smiled bitterly at the empty bedside besides her and let her tears to fall again, made her flawless cheeks turns wet—again.

She missed him. No doubt.

It’s been three months since the last time she saw him. And she missed him like hell. Even though he always sneak out time to called her just to make sure that she’s alright but of course phone call can’t prevent her feelings for him.

She smiled bitterly when she gazed at her phone which rang. She bit her lower dry lips and hesitantly picked it up.

“Yes, Myungsoo oppa?” she tried to make her voice sounds alright but she guess that she was failed because she can heard concern and worried from his voice.

“Baby, what’s wrong with your voice?”

Oh, how Naeun loved it when Myungsoo called her ‘baby’. Don’t know why but seems like her heart will always melt when she heard that cheesy nickname.

She laughed awkwardly and answered, “Nothing, I’m just not feeling well these days…”

“Why? Are you sick?” he asked again and Naeun shook her head even though she knew that Myungsoo couldn’t see it.

“Not really. Maybe I’m just overworked again,” she answered. Not wanting to make him worried more than this.

“Don’t forget to take the medicine,” he said, “and I called you because I want to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

“I’m going home,” he said and she raised her eyebrows, “I’m on my way to the airport now.”

“Really?” she said, “when will your flights? Maybe I can pick you up at the airport.”

She heard him chuckled, “no, I don’t want to burden you. You need to rest, baby.”

“I’m fine, really,” Naeun said again.

“No, just get some sleeps. Please, I don’t want your conditions getting worse.”

Naeun smiled a bit, “okay.”

“Myungsoo oppa,” she called his name, “can you come here if you’re already arrived at Seoul?”

“Sure, but why?”

“There’s something that I need you to know,” she answered, “and it’s important.”

“Well, don’t worry, I’ll be there. I have to go now. I have to catch my flight,” he said, “just wait for me, okay? I love you.”

And finally Naeun managed to smile. Even though it was weak but it was her first sincere smile in the whole three weeks since Myungsoo left her for his business matter in Japan.

“I love you too, Myungsoo oppa…”

.#.

Her eyes shocked in disbelieved. She clenched her fist till it hurts but she didn’t care while tears formed at the corner at her eyes and slowly fell down to her cheeks.

“What I’ve done?’ she thought, “What should I do now?”

She stares at the testpack in her hand with her teary eyes and she bit her lips till it hurts and small blood appears slightly at her lower mouth. Son Naeun of course knew what the means of the two red stripes that showed at that damn testpack.

And Naeun knew who done it. Well, of course it’s none other than the mighty Kim Myungsoo. His…boyfriend?

But how can she be her girlfriend if Myungsoo’s already had a beautiful fiancée like Go Woori? The girl who had everything that she didn’t have?

What should she do with the baby? She didn’t want to do an abortion because it’s her and Myungsoo’s baby. And actualy she’s afraid. What if Myungsoo’s didn’t want the baby?

 For the first time in her life. Son Naeun feels disgusted with her self. For letting herself to be a for Myungsoo. Because she knew even though Myungsoo always told her that he loved her, his loved was never can be compared with her love for him.

.#.

“Naeun-unnie?” she turned her head and smiled a bit when she saw Oh Hayoung holding a groceries bag in her hands, “what are you doing in here? It’s really cold in here and you just wear thin clothes. You can get yourself—”

“I’m okay, Hayoung-ah,” she cuts her beloved neighbor nags and smiled, “I’m here because I’m waiting for Myungsoo oppa.”

“Myungsoo oppa?” Hayoung ask, “but isn’t he in Japan now?”

Naeun shook her head, “no, he called me just now and told me that he’ll be heading to Korea now.”

“I see,” Hayoung plastered a smile at her beautiful face, “but you know, you should wait inside or you’ll be sick.”

“No need,” Naeun shook her head again, “I’m okay.”

“Or how about you come to our house and have a dinner with us?” she suggested, “Howon oppa asked me to cook kimchi jjigae and I know that you love that food so much, so why don’t you just come and join us?”

“Can I?”

“Sure! I’m sure Howon oppa would be glad to have a guest,” Hayoung said with a smile, “come on, I don’t want my mother-in-law to sue me because I starved her beloved son.”

Naeun giggled with her Hayoung’s joke and followed her behind. When she arrived at their flat, Naeun smiled bitterly when she saw Howon who greeted Hayoung with a big hug and kiss her forehead lovingly, makes her felt a little jealous with the happy married couple in front of her.

“Oh hello Naeun, I didn’t see you coming,” Howon finally said when he realized that Naeun standing at his front door. Naeun smiled and greet him.

“Hello Howon oppa, sorry if I’m disturbing your night,” she said. Howon shook his head at let her in.

.#.

The dinner was perfect. The food was delicious and the warm atmosphere around really makes her feels comfortable. But Naeun couldn’t cast off her worries and she kept on check in her phone in order to know whether Myungsoo was already arrived at Korea or not.

Naeun helped Hayoung to clean the table and also wash the dishes even though Hayoung forbid her and she insisted to help while Howon heading straight to the living room to watch the soccer match in TV with Dongwoo who just came with his girlfriend, Bomi. And now both of the young ladies sat on the dinner table while enjoying a snack.

“Naeun unnie,” Hayoung called her and Naeun looked at her eyes with a frown.

“Yes?”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” she asked, “Because you looked a bit pale lately.”

“Am I?”

She nodded, “yes, unnie.”

Naeun sighed and covered her face with both of her hands, “I don’t know if I can tell you this or not.”

Hayoung smiled and caressed Naeun’s hand, “you know you can tell me anything, unnie.”

Naeun smiled bitterly, “Yeah, you’re right.”

“So, what is it?”

Naeun bit her lower lips and then sighed heavily, “I’m three months pregnant, Hayoung.”

“Really?” she looked a bit shocked but then a smile plastered on her beautiful face, “well, congratulation for you and Myungsoo oppa,”

Naeun gave her an awkward smile, “thank you,”

“Unnie, are you alright?” she asked again when she noticed that Naeun looked a bit weird.

“Actually Hayoung-ah,” she said with a weak voice, “he still doesn’t know about my condition.”

“Why didn’t you tell him?” she asked.

“He has a fiancée, remember?” Naeun answered with a barely audible voice, “and I’m just nothing—”

“Don’t say that unnie!” Hayoung said angrily, “Myungsoo oppa loves you, I can see it with the way he looked at you everytime. He doesn’t love his fiancée. Trust me.”

“Even if he didn’t love Woori-sshi they’ll getting married sooner or later and I can’t do anything about it, okay!” she shouted as tears fell on her cheeks. Hayoung stood up and hugged her while she stained Hayoung’s white shirt with her tears.

“You should tell him, unnie,” Hayoung said softly, “he needs to know. After all, it’s both of your child.”

Naeun gave her a small nod and smiled a bit when Hayoung caressed her back, “Don’t worry unnie, me and Howon oppa will always help you every time you need us. So don’t hide and buried everything just for yourself again, okay?”

“Thank you so much, Hayoung,” she whispered.

.#.

Naeun smiled when her phone rang again and Myungsoo’s name was shown on her phone.

“Hello Myungsoo oppa, did you arrive here safely?”

She smiled as she heard his chuckled on the other side, “why, miss me already?”

Naeun chuckled and answered, “yeah, I miss you a lot. So can you come here?”

“I’m sorry baby, but I have an appointment latter and I don’t think I can come later…”

An ‘Oh, okay’ was only her answered and Myungsoo knew it that Naeun was feel disappointed and he could sense sadness in her voice, “Naeun-ah, is there something wrong?”

Naeun frowned and bit her lower lip, but then Hayoung’s advice crossed her mind.

“You should tell him, unnie,” Hayoung said softly, “he needs to know. After all, it’s both of your child.”

Naeun stayed silence when the question was thrown towards her. There’s no way that she will be able to lie at Myungsoo, not even a white lie she succeed in telling Myungsoo. Receiving no answer from Naeun, the older was sure something was wrong.

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

“Myungsoo oppa…” Naeun’s voice started to tremble, “There’s something that you should know.”

“What is it?”

“But promise me you would listen till the end and won’t be mad at me after you hear this,” Naeun had to make sure that Myungsoo will let her explain all of this.

“I promise.” Myungsoo couldn’t reject Naeun’s offer because he wanted to know what was Naeun had been hiding from him.

Taking a deep breathe, Naeun finally said, “I’m pregnant.”

There’s a pause for a moment before Myungsoo finally said, “…what?”

Naeun sighed again and tried to suppress her sobs, “yeah, I’m having a baby. And it’s yours.”

“What should I do Myungsoo oppa?” she asked because she couldn’t find a way out of this matter.

“Don’t cry, baby…” Myungsoo tried to soothe Naeun, consoling her to stop crying, “We’ll figure out something later on. So don’t you cry, okay?”

“But how?” Naeun asked.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure everything’s going to be okay. I promise. Do you believe in me?”

“I do believe in you,” Naeun bit her lips, preventing the sobs from slipping from her lips anymore because she didn’t want to make Myungsoo worried.

“I gotta go now, baby,” Myungsoo said, “I’m sorry for not coming home today, okay?”

“It’s fine,” she responded weakly.

“I love you, Naeun…”

She smiled a bit, “I love you too…”

She put her phone one her table side and soon enough, she drifted into her dreamland.

.

Part 1—End.

.

So what do you think, guys? Sorry for the late update and if there's any gramatical error~

I really need your critics and support for this :D

Subscribe and comments are <3