Scabs and scabs

Heaven's Nightmare

Narrator's POV

"So, what are the autospy results?" Detective Kim asked the forensic pathologist who was in charge of this particular case. 

Jung Nara was a young, smart woman in her mid-twenties, graduating highschool at the fresh age of 16 and becoming a qualified forensic pathologist at just 21. She was tall and slim, and her pretty face was always serious, at work. Nara always came to work prepared for whatever gruesome corpse she had to examine. Despite her young age, she was never surprised or afraid of what she saw during her work. Her icy gaze, that never missed a slight detail, captivated all people who she was around. She had the aura of someone high and untouchable, making her, sometimes, difficult to approach. 

Being assigned to this case was exciting, for her, as she was curious about the killer. Who was he? What made him explode? When had he decided that he had to do what he did; kill those girls? Where was the initial crime scene? And Why? Out of all questions she wanted an answer to, it was why? It explained all questions that she was curious about. 

Why was he the killer? Why did he explode? Why did he kill them? Why did he dump them in that gruesome way he did? Why?

"Nothing unusual," she replied coolly. "All the girls died from repetitive stabbing to the internal organs causing internal and external bleeding. (A/N I have no idea what the hell I'm going on about here... it just sounds awesomely professional and cool... so yeah :D) Their limbs were cut to pieces after they died, most likely with a tool like a butcher knife..." She trailed off.

"What did you discover?" Detective Jung asked (he had no relation to Jung Nara, whatsoever) after keeping his silence for so long. He, like Nara had an eye for detail. 

The two detectives and the single pathologist were good friends, as many outsiders would say. Despite the fact that Nara was so unapproachable, Detective Kim so smart and high up and Detective Jung so... quiet and strange, they had became good friends and close colleagues. Maybe it was that, the fact that they were so different from normal detectives and pathologists made them so similar and close. 

"The murderer was very careful about not leaving evidence... but I did find something in one of the girls' fingernails." She walked over to one of the cold tables were a covered-up corpse of Jang Yuna laid. She pulled out an arm, that was still intact to the main body and gestured at the hand. "Look at her nails."

"They're bloody." Detective Kim stated. "And ripped."

"Yes. But look closer. Inside her nails are some dark reddish bits of broken skin..." She stepped back and pulled out a plastic pocket. "I was just going to get these examined." Inside the pocket was some skin, blood and bits of the reddish things. "But, closer inspection, I found that these were scabs. I found no scabs on any of the girls, so I reckon, these scabs come from the murderer."

"So we're looking for a murderer with some sort of scab or recent injury..." Detective Kim smiled at Nara, "Get those examined... we need the DNA."

"I'm on it."

---

Yoomi hissed in annoyance as she sat in her room, scratching at her arms. Fresh red scars decorated her arm and blood was coming from her scratched-off scabs. "That ... Even while she was dying, she had to cause me pain... scratching at my arms like some crazy maniac." She was referring to Jang Yuna. "Ergh! It's so ing itchy!"

Suddenly, there was knock on her door and a paper slid in from underneath. Yoomi grabbed it and looked at it. 

On it, scrawled in familiar, neat hand writing was, 'Don't scratch at your scabs... They'll get infected - L' It was not her brother's hand writing, that was for sure. Minho wasn't even at home! She quickly opened the door and looked around the house, trying to find the person, L, who had intruded. 

There was no one, in her house, but she had a feeling she knew who it was already. "Araso... L." She smiled, slightly touched from his simple note.

Narrator's POV End

---