Found Out

Heaven's Nightmare

Narrator's POV

"Choi Yoomi... you do understand that you're our top suspect at the moment, right?" Detective Kim said to the nervous girl. Yoomi was sitting in an empty room with the two detectives towering above her.

Detective Kim stood right in front of her with his hands placed on the table whilst Detective Jung stood further away, studying her, quietly.

Yoomi nodded nervously, staring at her fiddling fingers. "N-ne..." She murmured quietly.

"The reason why we suspect you out of all people is that we've heard from your schoolmates that you're one of their main targets to bully." Detective Kim said calmly. "Is that true?"

"N-ne..." She nodded. 

"But... the most important question is: Did you do it? Did you kill the girls?"

Yoomi shook her head, frantically, staring right into his eyes. "A-ani! I-I didn't do it! I s-swear!"

Detective Kim nodded, "Alright then..." He stood up straight again and said, "Go back to class. We've got what we need." The nervous girl stood up quickly, bowed and scampered out of the classroom. Detective Kim looked at his companion and asked, "You got anything?"

Detective Jung, after keeping his silence for the whole entire time, nodded and murmured, "She's hiding something."

---

"Be careful." Yoomi turned to see Myungsoo casually leaning against the wall. His eyes pierced through hers as if reading her inside out. "They're on to you... Don't be so careless next time." He pushed back from the wall and coolly strode away.

Yoomi stared at him, with an unreadable expression, pushed her glasses back in place and walked away quietly.

---

"What is this?" Minho asked his younger sister as she walked into the house. He was holding onto a knife; her knife. 

Yoomi's eyes widened. "A knife... what about it?" She said, trying to sound casual. She tried to brush past her older brother, but he grabbed her wrist.

"I found it in your room... what are you doing with a knife in your room? Why is it stained with blood?" His eyes pierced through hers. When she didn't respond, he pulled up her sleeve, against her will, revealing deep red scars. He looked at her, with a pained expression. "You... you cut? Why?"

Yoomi pulled her arm away from him and walked away into the living room, "Ani... I don't... what are you saying?" She sat down on the couch and the TV.

"Stop trying to lie to me." Minho said, sitting down next to his sister. "I'm your older brother... Tell me." He begged. 

His sister's eyes were glued onto the TV. He frowned, grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. He grabbed Yoomi by the shoulders and spun her around to face him. 

Yoomi's bottom lip quivered and her eyes were teary.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly. "You can tell me anything."

Flinging herself into his arms, Yoomi began to sob. "O-oppa... I... I don't want to... Those girls... everyone... a-at school.... they bully me. I-I can't stand it an-anymore. Some-sometimes I don't wanna l-live."

Minho sighed and patted his sister's head, "Why didn't you tell me earlier? You should know that I'm always there for you. That you don't ever need to result in... in self-harm."

Yoomi sobbed and didn't answer.

"Mianhae... I've been a bad oppa. I'll do better, I promise."

Narrator's POV End

---