End of the Year, an And for the Story

Special To Me

"Come on," he pulled me harshly.

 

Tao and I ran out to my car and barely dodged a huge red minivan, the driver singing to UKISS so loud she couldn't see us. As pedestrians, we were cursed to be run over for points.

 

"Are you hungry? We can go to the Mexican restaurant, if you want."

 

"I want to go there, gege!" He smiled so big it looked like his face was about to break. he squeezed my hand again and I winced a little at the burn marks.

 

"Ok, no squeezing. It hurts."

 

"Sorry..." he pouted.

 

I kissed his cheek for comfort and hopped inside the car, "It's ok, they'll heal."

 

Tao nodded and I could tell he was uncomfortable talking about this, "Do you want to turn on the radio? I bet I could outsing that girl on the highway."

 

~

 

"You are crazy," Lu Han sat down on the couch next to me.

 

"What did I do this time?" I groaned.

 

"Majoring in creative writing? You didn't even bother writing anything for your AP exams, you wrote fanfiction featuring Peter Cottontail!"

 

"In my defense those prompts were bogus and the thug life was calling to Peter Cottontail."

 

"Gege! I finally got from level 97 to 98!" Tao came running in and shoved his DS in our faces. Yes, it seemed Blaziken had indeed leveled up.

 

"We are never getting him that PETA version. Ash is his long lost gege from Japan."

 

"With a female voice actor," I chimed in.

 

"Gege I made a list of the new ones coming out!" Tao took out something from his pocket and handed it to me.

 

"Ok ok, for Christmas. Think you can wait until then?"

 

"Yes!" He squealed and Lu Han and I both laughed as he ran back into our room.

 

In a three-bedroom apartment, Tao and I resided in the guest room, as the nursery was all set-up. Soomi had to practically drag us here because she didn't want either of us near our dad. Mom sent us an allowance every month and we helped out around the place. We were ok for now.

 

"But...really, what brought this on?" Lu Han looked at me suspiciously.

 

I shrugged, "Chanyeol suggested I try it. It looks fun, I mean, at least I can write about Peter Cottontail as much as I want."

 

He laughed, "Gonna spill the family secrets?"

 

"Please, this town knows enough."

 

~

 

He pressed his lips to mine softly and I returned it. Finally, we were alone.

 

"I'm glad..." he whispered.

 

"What are you glad about?" I asked curiously.

 

He pulled back and shrugged, "You're safe, Tao's safe, I'm safe..."

 

I leaned back against the wall, "So...you mean everything worked out?"

 

He paused, and after a thought, "No, I don't think that's it. Life will go on, we'll have our struggles, but we'll get by. For now, I'm just really glad we're safe."

 

I tilted my head and my lips curled into a smile, "You're really philosophical for a psychologist. You should switch majors."

 

"No way in hell."

 

I laughed and shook my head before a thought popped up. "Hey...what did you mean on that day? When you said Tao sees things, the way they are?"

 

Chanyeol crawled next to me and leaned his head on my shoulder, biting his lip in thought.

 

"I'm thinking of a right way to explain this, but it's hard. I think an allusion would be better. Humans see a butterfly and we just think it's a bug. But for people like Tao," he paused, "He sees beautiful wings he'll want to chase after. He can't see what we see, but we can't see his world either."

 

I shook my head, "I wish I could."

 

Chanyeol giggled and kissed my cheek, "You care so much for him, I think it's time to do my share."

 

I lifted an eyebrow as he got up and took out a folder from his backpack.

 

"Your share?"

 

"Technically my grandparents' old home was to be left to my mom, but after she died it went to Auntie along with this one. We talked and she says I can live there if I really want to."

 

I was still confused.

 

"Kris, I want to. I have enough room for you and Tao too. Will you at least think about it?"

 

"You don't have to do this," I croaked, eyes glassy.

 

"Please?" Big eyes bore into mine and I didn't know what to do, "The house is right here, it's big enough so we can have our own rooms or you two could share or I could share with someone but I really want-"

 

"Why are you so kind to me? To us?" Tao and I were a package deal, it seemed.

 

Chanyeol blinked, "Because I love you."

 

My heart felt like it was melting.

 

"Tao is special to me, he reminds me...he reminds me of how Auntie talks about mom. He was nice to me at a time no one else was. I want both of you, is that selfish?"

 

I blinked back tears, "I don't care if it is."

 

Without a second thought I kissed him again, only to be interrupted by my phone ringing.

 

"Ge I'm really busy-"  

 

"Kris, Soomi's water broke!"

 

__________________________

 

End of Arc 1!

 

I know you guys, it's finally finished! Woohoo!

 

BUT this is not the end for Krisyeol or Tao or Kai or Lu Han or anyone else~

 

Because the second Arc of this trilogy can be found here! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/282215

 

It stars Lu Han and his life five years later~ Excited? I am!

 

Please leave your comments below because they mean so much to me.

 

And lastly, THANK YOU ALL FOR READING, I hope to see you in the next adventure, where lingering questions will be answered!