Lightning Strikes

Special To Me

Things aren't as confusing as we seem to make them. For most situations, there's a right and wrong choice. It's always up to the person in question what to do next.

But was it possible there was always some sort of middle ground? Where I could make everyone happy? Could I make myself happy as well?

Tao or Chanyeol. That was my biggest decision. They both held half my heart in their hands. Could anyone else ever be so torn?

But Lu Han just introduced my second option. What if the decision wasn't between the two, what if it was either only one, or having both?

~

At night, the town was draped in a large dark blanket. For only one person running through the streets, it became as hassling as fumbling through the sheets. But I needed to find Tao and Chanyeol. I needed to.

"Have you seen a tall guy? About my height with um, brown hair and glasses?" I asked a man walking out to his car. He replied with a curt no, and I ran a separate direction.

I jogged all the way out to the mall when it began to rain again. I searched for the shop he and I went to before and found the old woman just closing up. Frantic now, I asked the same question.

She smiled an pointed down the road, and I thanked her in a rush, already running down the other direction.

After ten minutes, my jacket was drenched and I stopped to catch my breath. I looked around and recognized the woods out near the countryside. Had they really come this far?

"Please come down!" I heard Chanyeol shout from a little ways off.

Maybe the words startled me, or just his voice, but I paused mid breath and ran straight for the sound. There, Chanyeol was in his rain jacket looking up at-

"TAO!!" I screamed.

And there he sat, perched on a branch like a bird. He was wearing a drenched coat like mine, but it didn't look nearly as thick.

Chanyeol ran up to drag me closer, "He won't come down! What if lightning strikes?"

I gasped and ran to the roots of the tree, "Tao, come down now!"

He was already shaking his head, and replied with a stubborn "No!"

"Tao, come down now! This-This time I'll catch you!" But even I was unsure.

"No!" He started sobbing again and clutched the branch beneath him, "I hate you! Leave me alone!"

I blinked as water started falling into my eyes. Was I really going to be a coward again?

"Kris are you crazy?!" Chanyeol yelled as I pulled myself up the first branch.

I ignored him and focused in on the second branch. Third.

With a groan, I finally reached the large one on top, and climbed on to see Tao covering his ears from all the thunder.

"Don't go too fast, the branch could break!" Chanyeol shouted from below.

"I know, stay down there!"

"Go away!" Tao screamed.

I turned forward and crouched at the end. Ok Kris, breathe in and out. Just breathe, I repeated in my head.

"Tao, I won't hurt you. I'm your gege, remember? I love you!" I crawled a little bit, slow enough not to scare him.

"No you don't! Liar!" Tao screamed and I swear he was crying more than all the water on his face.

I bit my lip and continued, brushing off the hurtful words. "Tao, you don't want to go back home, right? We don't have to-You'll come live with me! I'll take care of you!"

"Stop!" He screamed, backing away.

"You can have breakfast in bed anytime you want! I'll help you with your homework and get you brand new video games for Christmas and your birthday!" I was babbling and desperate.

"No!" He continued to whine.

"And Tao- I'll never hit you! Baba will never step one foot in our house! You don't have to see him if you don't want to, and I'll never make you. You-you can come sleep with me anytime you want and if you're scared you can watch TV to calm you down. But please Zhitao, please climb down!"

Tao sobbed again and without thinking I crawled forward again. I froze immediately when-

SNAP

Almost in slow motion, I saw him screaming in fear as he plummeted down and-

-into Chanyeol's arms.

From trauma, I remained paralyzed on top of the branch. Three times this has happened and each person barely came out alive-if not at all.

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding when Tao rolled off of Chanyeol and they both tried to stand up.

"He's fine! I caught his fall!"

A small smile, "And you?"

"I'm-KRIS!"

Something powerful struck the tree and burned my hands and knees. Because of the pain, I lost my balance and came crashing down on the grass and mud below.

The last thing I could see before completely passing out were the most special people in the world.

___________________

(>^_^)> In media I'm making a project about Autism for a documentary. It was my idea and my partner totally JUMPED on it. I'll link you guys once it's complete (won't be for a while) haha!

One more chapter!!!!!

I sacrificed my math hw for this, feel proud.