chapter 5

Can't I be the one?

You smiled to yourself as you walked home thinking about what had just happened.
"those crazy guys." You said to yourself shaking your head.
The air was nice, It wasn't cold tonight it was actually quite warm. But there was a cool breeze blowing which made you feel calm relaxed.
You walked home at a slow pace looking around you, It seemed like such a dream to be here. Everything seemed different and wonderful in a way. But you felt lonliness wash over as you saw couples, mothers and daughters, families.
You remembered your mum, and how you used to talk to each other about everything. 

You missed coming home from school and talking to your mum about how your day went. Now when you entered your appartment it seemed lonely and cold, It didn't feel like home. You wanted your old room back with posters all over the walls and your comfy bed. You missed your old home, your friends  and most of all your family. 
But you decided to not let it get to you. You were here for a reason and you were going to prove everyone wrong. You were going to enjoy yourself and stop moping around. 

You kept walking until you reached your appartment, once you got inside you didn't bother unpacking anything...you didn't bother doing anything.
Instead you just went into your room and flung yourself on your bed. You sighed and got ready to take a shower.
Today was a weird day, you had your ups and downs but so far everything seemed to be going smoothly.
You decided to just have dinner and go to sleep. It was prety early but you didn't feel like doing anything and you felt pretty tired. 
_________________________________________________________
The next day went pretty slowly, you had the usual boring lessons like maths, science and english. 
It dragged on and you just spent the whole morning waiting for lunch.
When it came lunch time you decided to go outside to the field at the back of the school. There were little benches and tables set up for students to eat their food but there were only a couple of people scattered around the tables in small groups.
You sat down on one of the tables and began to eat your lunch, you were alone but you didn't mind. It was a nice day you were just enjoying the sun and eating. 

Tao came out of his class, he was about to head out with his friends to get something to eat when he saw you from a distance eating alone. He decided to sit with you, just to keep you company.
he waved to his friends and walked over to you "see you guys later" he called and he walked away. 
You were busy eating your sandwitch when Tao suddenly appeared.
"hey____, mind if I sit with you?" Tao smiled.
You had just taken a huge bite out of your sandwitch...you resembeled a chipmunk "ksjnvksv sure" You said nodding your head.
Tao laughed and sat across from you. 
"so, ____ How's your day been?" Tao said leaning forward.
You gulped down the sandwitch you were munching away at. "oh yeah It's been good I mean I'm still trying to settle in. But so far it's been good."
Tao smiled again "good." 
Suddenly Tao's phone started ringing, he seemed a bit embarrased but it looked like he wanted to answer it. 
"go ahead, answer it" You said taking another bite out of your sandwitch. 
Tao smlied awkwardly and nodded . He got his phone out of his blazer pocket and proceeded to answer it. 

You tried to hold back your giggle as you watched him answer his call. Tao had a panda phone case around his phone with a bunch of panda phone charms hanging off of it. Tao blushed and tried hiding the charms, but it was too late you had already seen them.
 "ohh hi...kris. What? Yeah, I'm not going coming out with you guys I'm sitting with a friend..." 
Tao continued with his conversation, meanwhile you were still wondering why Tao had so many panda charms. You remembered seeing some on his backpack too. 
hmmmm....come to think of it tao resembles a panda. I mean he's cute, has deep black eyes he has quite pale skin and he has those adorable puffy eyes.
Your eyes widened now that you looked at him. Tao really looked like a Panda. "how did I miss this before?!" you thought.
Without thinking you blurted out "OH MY GOD PANDA!" pointing at Tao. 
Tao looked at you with a startled look upon his face.
"hehe okay kris...I have to go now." Tao said trying to hide his blush.
You covered your mouth quickly.  "ommo sorry Tao." 
People were staring at you now, some of them were whispering and sniggering at you. 
You blushed and sank into yourself whilst taking large bites out of your sandwitch again 
AISH CHINCHA. ____ Whats wrong with you? Stupid big mouth.
Tao starred at you whilst you were mentaly scolding yourself in your own world.
"wow ____ sure is a crazy girl. A crazy, beautiful and sweet  girl." 
Tao continued staring at you and started smiling subconciously. He really liked being with you.
Meanwhile you were still scolding yourself. "you really are a Pabo ____ embarrasing yourself like that...even embarrasing Tao and...OMMO TAO."
You suddenly realised that you were still with Tao. You were snapped out of your thaughts back to the feild where students were still staring at you and whispering but you couldn't care less about them. You noticed that Tao had finished his phone conversation and was staring off into the distance with a huge grin on his face.
You raised a brow "What's with him?" you thought to yourself.
"uum...Tao? A-are you okay?" You said waving your hands in front of him.
Tao snapped out of his thaughts and blushed. "oh sorry ____-ah I was daydreaming..." 
You smiled "it's okay, so who was that on the phone?" 
"that was my friend Kris he was just seeing if I was going to get something to eat with them." 
"oh gosh am I holding you up? It's okay you can go if you want." You said smiling reassuringly.
"oh no! Absolutely not, you're my friend too and I really like spending time with you ____. I can go out to eat with my other friends next time." Tao said warmly.
A great big smile appeared on your face. You couldn't help it, Tao always knew how to cheer you up and make you feel happy.
"Thanks Panda." you said opening a box of pocky and sharing it with Tao.
Lunch seemed pretty chill after that, you and Tao talked for a while about random stuff and somehow kai got into the conversation. 
"so how long have you and kai known eachother?" You said handing over another stick of pocky to Tao.
He munched on the pocky stick while he thaught. "well I've known Kai since the first day I came to Korea, he and my other friend Kris literally took me in and helped me untill I had enough money to get my own place. I owe him alot." 
You felt a shiver go down your spine. "Wow...Kai took Tao in?." You thaught to yourself.
"Oh wow then you must be pretty close to Kai and this Kris guy." you said leaning forward.
"Yeah they're practically my brothers." Tao said getting slightly teary eyed.
Tao quickly manned up and smiled brightly realising that he was still with you "anyways _____ tell me have you made any friends here?"
You shook your head "Not many, I mean of course you but other than that no one." 
"what about Kai?" Tao said Taking a sip of water.
"wait...Kai goes to this school?!"  You said with a puzzeled look on your face. 
Tao nodded and smiled "of course he does he just wasn't in yesterday." 
You raised a brow "Oh so Kai goes to this school, huh? Hmmm...interesting." you thought. 
Suddenly the school bell interrupted your thaughts. You groaned and zipped up your backpack.
"I'll see you later Tao I have to go to maths on the third floor...I better hurry" You said waving Tao goodbye.
Tao sighed and nodded "okay ____ I'll see you later."  he liked spending time with you. "stupid school bell." Tao cursed under his breath as he waved back.

Your week at school went by pretty quickly after that. You had settled in quite well and you seemed to be really enjoying school. 
You had also gotten to know Tao a lot better. Although You still hadn't seen Kai all week, you found it strange but it wasn't any of your buissness so you didn't bother. 
It was already thursday and dance class was tomorrow, you were exited to see who was going to dance. And for some reason...you wanted to see kai again.