Chapter 4

Can't I be the one?

OTL Sorry for this super ty update I have exams at the moment but will be updating a whole lot more from now on. ^___^ 

"What?!" You were snapped out of your daze when you heard your name.
The rest of the room went quiet, their eyes were on you now.
"well it's a tradition here that on your first day you freestyle in front of the whole group." The teacher said signalling you to get up.
You felt a shiver go down your spine. DANCE....in front of all these people that I don't even know?
"but..I don't feel comfortable dan-"
Before you could finish your sentence your teacher interrupted once again.
"you came to this dance class to dance right? And that's exactly what you're going to do."
There was no arguing with him now, he had clearly won. Your teacher smiled at you as if he had just won some sort of prize.
You got up and walked awkwardly to the place where kai had just danced.
The whole group sat there in anticipation. You felt like their stares were going to set you on fire, it was that intense.
Your teacher walked over to the music player and stood there for a couple of minutes scrolling through his ipod looking for a song.
He smiled and put a song on.'
Song's here
[I suggest you listen to the song btw. You wont regret it.]
"You ready ____?"
You nodded and rubbed your hands together.
Your hands were clammy from the nervuosness you already felt, you really didn't want to do this.
But you had no choice you were on the spot now...you had to dance.

The song started off slow and calm.
You were a bit awkward at first with the moves. You felt uncomfortable and out of place.
But once the singer started singing you closed your eyes and let the music take over you.
You felt it go through like electricity.
You remembered all the things you had been through.
Your parents, moving to a new country where you knew no one, going to a new school, trying your absolute best not to break down in tears from  the lonliness you felt. Everything felt ten times harder when you were by yourself. You wanted to be held by your mum, you missed her so much.
The pain hit you like an arrow.
And that was it. You blocked everything else out and started to dance freely.
You body moved to the beat, you swerved, twilrled and waved.
You clapped powerfully twice, streched out your hand and popped your body.
You were in your element once again. The only thing that made you happy.
You continued dancing from your heart like there was no tomorrow...
It seemed like you were dancing forever, but it felt nice to dance and let out all your frustration. 

Suddenly the music stopped and you were brought back to reality. You looked around at all the blank faces, including Kai's.
Even your teacher seemed to be looking at you in awe.
"that....that was amazing _____."
A roar of applause broke out.
You rubbed your arm awkwardly. "uhh...thank you everyone."
What did I even do? Think ____, think.
"I'll be expecting a lot from you in the future." Your teacher said pointing at you, smiling.
You were still trying to remember what you had just done. But it didn't matter as long as you weren't up front dancing with all those eyes watching you.
You bowed  and sat back down.
"all right everyone lets get on with the dancing shall we?"
Everyone got up and lined them selves up ready to dance.
"Okay, today we're going to be learning some new choreography."
The teacher got up to the front and began to teach the whole group slowly.
You danced for a good three hours after that practacing the choreography over and over again.
By the end of it you were exhausted. But you felt amazing and happy, dancing was so much fun.
"Okay everyone nice work. see you guys again on Friday. Oh and ___ can I speak to you for a moment?"
You nodded and walked over to him whilst everyone got ready to go.
"yes sir?"  You walked over cautiously.
"_____ well done for today, you really surprised me, you lit up the whole dance studio. It was amazing to watch you put so much emotion in your dance and bring the song to life." Your teacher said.
your face lit up and you smiled brightly "Thank you so much sir."
Oh! I'd also like to tell you that the studio is open 24/7 seven days a week for all the dancers here. So you can come here anytime you like to let off some steam or...just to dance I guess." 
Your eyes widened. 
what?
24/7...SEVEN DAYS A WEEK!?
"wow...thats so nice of you, thank you so much!" you beamed.
"yes, well I just want my dancers to be able to express themselves whenever they like. You just have to check the schedule on the notice board outside the studio just to make sure no one is using the studio when you want to come in, okay?"
you nodded your head and smiled brightly.
"oh and by the way, call me mr Lee or Yongsook...sir sounds wierd and formal."
You nodded again and held a thumbs up. Mr lee ruffled you hair and smiled at you before getting ready to leave.

You saw Kai and Tao leave the studio the corner of your eye.You smiled remembering Kai's amazing performance, and then scartched your head trying to think of yours.
You grabbed your things and headed for the door while Mister Lee was tiding up the dance studio. "bye si...I mean Mr Lee, see you friday." You said waving to him.
He smiled and waved back. And with that you exited the dance studio.

"_____ " A voice called loudly, as you walked trough the door.
Your heart almost skipped a beat, you thaought everyone had left the dance studio.
You turned around to see Kai and Tao coming towards you.
"OMMO! Tao you scared me!" You said holding your heart.
"oh sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you." Tao giggled.
 "It's okay." You smiled.
"any ways____ we just wanted to tell you how amazing your performance was!" Tao beamed.
"we?" You said raising a brow.
"yeah, Me and Kai." Tao said, confused.
You looked over at Kai who was standing a little behind Tao. He tried to look like he wasn't bothered but Tao nudged him and glared.
"Yeah, you're dance was really great...and stuff." Kai said under his breath.
You heard him perfectly well, but you decided to milk it.
"I'm sorry what did you say? I didn't really hear that." You said sarcastically.
Tao giggled,  Usually when girls talked to Kai they would just giggle and compliment him, but you seemed to take a different aproach, It was a pleasant change.
"I said...you're dance was realy great." Kai said a little louder. Athough It was still quiet and muffled.
"What? I really can't hear your mumbling." You said smiling evily.
Tao was trying really hard to hold back his laughter. But a huge smile appeared on his face.
"Ahhh CHINCHA! I SAID YOUR DANCE WAS AMAZING! OKAY? THERE. I SAID IT." Kai suddenly burst out. 
You and Tao looked at each other and couldn't contain your laughter anymore. You both burst out laughing.
"What? What's so funny?...yah!" Kai said  looking at the two of you with a confused look on his face.
"I heard you the first time dummy! Thank you, your dance was amazing too...you're a natural and I think you'll go very far." You said smiling
Kai was slightly shocked by your response.
Hey, she's actually...nice.
"oh well...thank you." Kai said slightly smiling. 
"oh by the way...I'm sorry for calling you rude and a brat...and a nut job." Kai said rubbing his neck. 
You smiled and tapped his shoulder lightly "eeyy it's okay I've already forgotten about it." 
Tao stood there still smiling. He was glad you two had made up. He really liked you and Kai was his best friend so it was really nice to see you two get along. 
"any ways I have to get going it's already 8 o' clock and I still have some stuff I have to unpack when I get home." You said.
Tao and Kai nodded and with that you three said goodbye to each other and went your separateways.