Chapter 3

Can't I be the one?

(OMG I'm so sorry for the amazingly late update...I had a load of exams to study for :/ SORRYYY <3)

After you finished talking with Tao, you raced home.
You quickly got undressed and put on a pair of baggy tracksuit bottoms and a loose t-shirt. 


You tied your hair In a high pontail and put on your trainers. You felt butterflies again, but in a good way. Dance was one of your favorite things to do. It allowed you to be free, and nothing made you happier. 
You had something to eat before grabbing your stuff, though you didn't eat much. You were that exited.
You smiled as you walked out the door, you couldn't wait to let loose and dance away all the feelings you had locked up inside you.
______________________________________________
"ahh we got a new girl at school today." Tao said whilst stretching
"oh...what's her name?" Kai replied bending over.
"Her names _____." Tao said a smile appearing on his face.
"oh cool, is she from here or...?" 
"no, she's a transfer student from overseas."
"oh that's nice." Kai said shrugging.
 "YAH! What's wrong with you today? You seem...off." Tao said hitting Kai's shoulder lightly.
"Eugh sorry man, some nut job bumped into me this morning and made me really late to meet Sooyun. AND She almost broke my phone...she didn't even say sorry." Kai said putting his hand on his head.
"You're always getting into trouble..why is that?" Tao said sarcastically.
Kai flicked his head "shut up."
 
You walked to the dance studio exitedly. It wan't that far from your apartment, so it didn't take you long to get there. 
You walked through the doors of the dance studio nervously. 
You looked around. The dance studio was huge, it had a massive mirror on one side of the room and a large window on the right of it. 
Apart from that it was just hardwood flooring and a couple of ballet bars in one corner.
 
There were already a lot of people in the room stretching. You suddenly felt really small and uncomfortable. 
You looked around studying everyone, you squinted your eyes. You saw a familiar face but you weren't sure if you were seeing things.
"Tao?" you said...quite loudly.
Tao immediately turned to face you.
"____, what are you doing here?"  He said moving towards you, slightly confused.
Kai turned around as he heard your name, his eyes bluged out as if they were going to pop out of his skull.
"YOU!"
You turned your head towards Kai."YOU!? What are you doing here?" you gasped.
" Oh god, why is it that I keep running into you? Haven't you ruined my day already. Now you have ruin it more?"  Kai said rubbing his forehead.
"oh please, as if  I want to see your face everywhere I go." you scoffed.
Tao stood there inbetween you two totally confused and bewildered.
"wait....how do you guys know each other?"
"she's the nut job who bumped into this morning." Kai said in a serious tone.
By this point you were fuming.
"Nut job? Brat? You have to stop calling me childish names....I have a name you kno-
Kai interrupted you before you could finish.
"wait, Tao...how do you know her?"
"Uhh...she's the new girl at our school. You know the transfer student I was telling you about." Tao said scratching his head.
Kai seemed very confused by this point. So did Tao, but before anymore questions were asked your dance teacher interrupted the conversation.
"Aaraso everybody gather round. I have lots to tell you before we get started."
the group gathered in a semi circle  around the teacher.
"okay first of all I'd like to welcome our newest member ____. She has just signed up for our dance classes so everyone, please take care of her and inform her of the rules here, okay?"
You bowed polietly to everyone and sat down again. 
"Okay, now that's done it's Kai's turn to do a solo dance. I hope you've prepared well Kai." The dance teacher said with a tiny smirk on his face.
The group seemd to be very exited for some reason, the girls were whispering and squeeling quietly.
You scoffed. He couldn't be that good...could he?
Kai walked over to the Ipod dock and put  a song on.
The music started and Kai started moving a long to the beat.
*The song is baby don't cry*
He moved so smoothly, his body waved slowly and then he quickly popped.
It was amazing how his body just flowed so naturally with the music.
You sat there in awe, your jaw literally dropped without you knowing.
Your eyes gleamed as you watched him do his final twirl. The song was very short, but the performance seemed endlessly wonderful.
All at once the dance finished with a final ballet twirl, It was powerful yet soft. 
Kai bowed and smiled "khamsamnida."
 
"Okay now, _____ It's your turn to dance."