Chapter 11

Can't I be the one?

**Sorry for the slow update I've been really sick for the past couple of days :/ But I made this chapter EXTRA long so enjoy ^___^

After leaving the coffee shop Tao took you for ice cream as promised.
On the way he showed you round and pointed at different shops and cafes 
It really was a beautiful day, it was bright and sunny outside and there was a slight breeze now and then.
Although Tao was cursing the weather.
"God, why did I have to wear a black top in this heat?!" Tao cursed under his breath as he shifted uncomfortably in his t-shirt.
You continued walking for another 5 minutes before Tao stopped in front of a cute little shop with a banner reading
"Molly's pops. Homemade ice cream pops."

You and Tao entered the store and walked over to the counter.
In the glass display shelf was all sorts of flavored ice creams. From unusual ones like powdered soybean to regular chocolate flavor. 
You salivated just looking at them they looked so good and the heat made them more desirable. 
Tao ordered ice creams for both of you and paid for them, you felt bad that Tao was paying for everything but he insisted it was okay.
You and Tao sat down to eat your ice creams, there were cute little tables outside the shop.
Although you and Tao had no choice but to sit outside, since the inside of the shop was packed with people who were trying to cool down from the heat.

You sat on the table that was most in the shade, although only one part of it was in the shade. 
Despite Tao's overheating in the sun, he offered you the seat in the shade.
You sat there eating your ice creams in silence for a couple of minutes but on the inside Tao was screaming.
"Oh god why is it so hot outside today? Why the hell do I still feel hot? I'm eating ice cream! oh gosh am I sweating?! Tao thought to himself.
Slyly he looked down at his armpits to check if he was sweating that badly. 
Luckily it wasn't that bad, but Tao still cursed the heat.
You noticed that Tao looked uncomfortable "Tao are you okay?" You asked.
Tao just smiled "Oh yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"
After finishing your ice creams the weather started to cool down and it started to get darker, by now it was about 5ish and although there were still a lot of people were still outside it seemed a lot quieter. 
_________________________________________________________

You and Tao strolled through the streets just wondering around looking at random shops for a while.
After a while Tao stopped in front of a small shop.
"_____ this is the best place to eat in Seoul." He smiled as he ushered you into the shop.
The inside of the shop was a lot bigger than you expected, it was quite simple and plain. 
There were little tables  and wall couches and a few pictures here and there, but nothing grand.
You and Tao took a seat and the waitress bought over two menus. 
Tao instantly knew what he wanted to order. He'd been coming here for a long time.
You on the other hand had no Idea what anything was let alone what to order.
Tao sensed that you were confused and leaned over and whispered "Get the Kimchi stew...It's really good."
You agreed and Tao ordered you both a bowl of it. 
Whilst you were waiting for your meal you and Tao talked to pass time.
"How do you know all these amazing places?" You asked looking around you.
Tao smiled "well I-" Tao froze mid sentence and starred ahead.
You furrowed your brows "Tao are you okay?" 
Tao continued to stare straight ahead

You turned around to see what Tao was starring at and as soon as you turned around you froze too.
Kai and his girlfriend Sooyoung had stepped into the restaurant and were trying to find a table to sit at. 
(OHHH Weren't expecting that were you?)
Your eyes bulged out of your head and your jaw dropped at looking at Kai's girlfriend. 
She had long light brown/blonde hair, big eyes and an absolutely gorgeous smile.
She was wearing a blue and white knee length dress that outlined her perfect figure.
(A/N If you guys really want to know what she looks like....click here iofjbd so pretty!! ;A;)
You suddenly felt really self conscious in your big puffy jumper.

Kai spotted you two sitting and was slightly shocked. "Oh! Tao and _____? hmmm..."
Sooyoung turned around "Did you say something hun?" She said placing her hand on his shoulder. 
 "N-no nothing it's just that Tao and ______ are here too, should we go sit with them?" Kai said taking her hand as he walked towards the two of you. 
Sooyoung pulled Kai back. "Aniya, they might be on a date or something give them some space." 
But Kai was reluctant and walked towards the two of you Anyways.

Tao rubbed his forehead as he saw Kai walking towards him.
"Ahh jeongmal. Kai the one day I'm alone with _____ you have to come and ruin it? He sulked to himself.
Kai came over smiling brightly. "annyeong! What are you guys doing here?" He said as he sat down across you and Tao 
Sooyoung sat sheepishly next to Kai. "Sorry, are we intruding? If you want we'll sit somewhere else."
You and Tao both shook you heads. "No it's fine, make yourself comfortable please." Tao smiled.
"Aah Tao I haven't seen you in a while, how are things little brother?" Sooyoung smiled.
Sooyoung was like an older sister to Tao and the whole of their group.
Although nowadays they hardly ever saw her since she got a modeling job.
"Things are good, I'm just here with my....friend _____."
Sooyoung turned to you and smiled. "Oh so this is the oh so famous _____. Kai's been telling me about you. I'm Sooyoung Kai's girlfriend."
You blushed "It's nice to meet you." You said shaking Sooyoung's hand.

After that you and Sooyoung went to the girls room to freshen up as you waited for the food to get ready.
After he had seen you two leave for the restroom Kai leaned forward .
"Yah, what's wrong with you? You've been acting strange all week." he whispered
Tao shifted uncomfortably and felt bad. Kai was his best friend, and he was right Tao had been acting weird all week.
But he had his reasons.
"Sorry man I just....have a lot on my mind." Tao sighed rubbing his forehead.
Kai smirked. "I'm your best friend and you couldn't tell me that you liked _______?" 
Tao shot up. "W-what? Who said I liked her? We're just friends...." Tao said nervously.
Kai wasn't buying it. "look, I've known you for a while Tao and I know for a fact that you like _______."
Tao sighed, leaned back on his char and covered his face with his hand.
He didn't know what to tell Kai, he himself didn't know what to answer with.
Did he like you? 
Kai smiled to himself. "I'll take that as a yes." 

By the time you and Sooyoung had come back from the restroom the food was already on the table, Kai had ordered 2 more bowls of Kimchi jjigae.
You and Sooyoung sat down and began to eat your stew.
After that everything went pretty quickly, You and Sooyoung got a long great, she was really sweet and seemed so friendly.
Time flew by as you ate your meal and soon it was almost 7 o'clock. 
Sooyoung had a fashion show to get to so her and Kai left after the meal.
You and Tao left shortly after them and again Tao paid for the whole meal. 

As you walked through the streets of Hongdae once again, you looked around you. 
By now the sun was setting which casted an orange glow on everything.
Streaks of pink ran across the sky and faded into the distance. It was breathtaking.
You turned to Tao who looked like he was about to cry.
"Tao are you okay?" You asked as you put your hand on his shoulder.
"hmm, yeah I'm fine I just...have something in my eye." Tao sniffed.
In truth Tao was a sensitive guy who cried at little things like beautiful sunsets, but he wanted you to think of him as a manly man.

Once the sun had set you and Tao headed home. Tao had offered to walk you home as he wanted to make sure you got home safe. 
As you walked to the metro station you felt your feet getting heavy, you'd walked so much today and done so many things that you were starting to get tired.
Soon you and Tao had hopped on the metro and were on your way home.
You were both tired by now but you could your eyelids becoming heavy and you refused to fight your tiredness anymore.
Tao felt a little thud on his shoulder, he turned around slowly to find you fast asleep with your head resting on his shoulder.
He smiled and your hair.
"______ how are you so cute even when you're sleeping?" Tao thought to himself.
 
An old lady sitting from you two smiled. "Aigoo, you two are a very cute couple."
Tao blushed "Thanks" he smiled.
He didn't mind that people were mistaking you for a couple...he actually kinda liked it.
You snuggled up next to Tao and hugged his arm.
suddenly Tao's heart started beating heavily and he had butterflies in his tummy.
 

"______ I don't know what this feeling is...but I like it."  Tao thought.