New Beginnings

This Is What Happens ♥

                                                                       Monday Morning

Ashley's POV

After yet another night with only about 5 hours of sleep, Ashley groggily awakens to find her comforter just inches away from falling off of the bed. Luckily she is no longer sharing a room with her older sister and doesn’t have to worry about someone else witnessing her absurd sleeping habits. “I’m so excited for school today,” Ashely thinks to herself. She knew this excitement would only last for a week or two before all the homework starts to sink in. “It’s finally the first day of 10th grade, and I can't wait to see Kayla, Onew ,and Minho!" Despite hanging out with her three best friends just a few days before, there was something about starting sophomore year with them that made the experience that much more special.

This was going to be a good year for Ashley. It had to be. Last year she lost her grandmother to a heart attack and no longer wanted the loss to affect her everyday life. As she made her way towards the bathroom to start her mundane morning routine, she thought about calling Minho and Onew to wake them up. She knew there was a high chance they would oversleep otherwise. Ashely, with a sigh of relief, suddenly remembers that Kayla reluctantly volunteered to take on the task of calling the boys. For a year or two now Kayla and Ashely switched the responsibility of calling the boys to wake up for school in the morning since both of their parents have given up trying to do so for a while now. She hoped Kayla would remember. Just then Minho’s name and face pops into her head followed by a warm sensation in her stomach. This was not a common occurrence but since she witnessed Jane’s confession to him last school year she had started to feel a little different around Minho. Was that jealousy she began to feel? Either way she tries to ignore the feeling regardless because Minho is one of her best friends and that would be weird, right?

 

Kayla's POV

Kayla jumped out of bed after her mom came in her room to wake her up. She had a huge smile on her face. Her first thought was to walk over to her windows, open the curtains up and let some sunlight in so she did just that. Kayla knew she had to call Onew and Minho to wake them up. She can be a bit forgetful sometimes so she’s thankful that she remembered that at least. Kayla took her phone out of her wall charger and started to dial Onew's number. “Hello" said a faint sleepy voice. "Good morning sleepy head, it’s time to wake up,” said Kayla. "Just five more minutes?" Said Onew. "No can do" said Kayla. "Alright, I know I know. I’ll see you in a bit then," Onew said promptly hanging up the phone afterwards. Kayla removed the phone from her ear and flashed a quick smile. Now she was about call Minho but was interrupted by an unexpected phone call. She saw Onew was calling her this time and before she had time to wonder why she accepted the call and said “hello”. In a purposefully adorable voice Onew said, "Thank you Kayla, you know I appreciate you, right?" “Your welcome Onew and yeah I know" Kayla struggled to say as she felt her heart skip a beat. Onew then hung up for good and she was now beaming.

"Oh yeah I have got to call Minho before I forget!" Kayla thinks to herself. She then dials his number and he picks up on the first two rings. “Hey Kayla. Thanks for calling but I'm already awake, believe it or not,” Minho says. “I have to say I am kind of excited for today, I feel that something really good is going to happen this school year," Minho continues. Then Kayla answered saying, "Oh really? Okay well at least I didn't have a problem waking you up today. I’ll see you a little later." She hung up the phone only to realize that it was now past time for her to get ready. There is no way she can be late on the first day of school.

 

Onew's POV

"I am so glad Kayla called me when she did or I would have overslept for sure," Onew thought to himself. He then tip toed out of his room and into the hallway to check on his presumably sleeping parents. It was date night for them last night and they didn't come back until late. It was their anniversary so what did he expect. "Figures," he said and went back to his room to start getting ready.

 

Minho's POV

For at least a few months now Minho no longer needed to be called in the morning to get up. He only began to pretend like he did for the off chance that Ashley would call him. He liked hearing her voice first thing in the morning. "I wonder why I'm feeling so excited today.” Minho thinks to himself after hanging up the phone call with Kayla. He knew there had to be a reason behind this excitement but couldn’t quite put his finger on what that reason might be. He recalls the last day of school freshman year when Jane confessed to him. He had to turn her down because his heart secretly belonged to someone else. He took his phone from off his night stand, went his contacts app and started scrolling till he got to Ashely’s name. Interestingly enough, Ashley was there for the confession and she seemed to have been bothered by it to Minho’s surprise and delight. He caught himself amid his daze and snapped out of it as he threw his phone on the bed and headed to the bathroom.

 

No one’s POV

Kayla and Ashley are the first to meet up outside Kayla's house.

Ashley: We better go get Minho and Onew.

Kayla: Yeah, we should because you know how absent minded they can be. More so Onew than Minho if we’re being honest.

Ashley nodded her head in agreement.

They made it to Onew's house, only a few feet away, knocked on the door and waited for about a minute. Onew stepped outside with a piece of toast in his mouth, his shirt partly ed and a tie in his hands.

Kayla: Come on Onew, you can do better than that.

Onew: Actually, no I can’t when you guys only give me a couple of minutes to get ready.

Kayla: Well your just lucky that we all live near school.

Ashely stared at them for a second then smiles.

Ashely: Wow, you guys sound like an old married couple with the way you fight with each other sometimes.

Inwardly Kayla was blushing madly but outwardly she had to play it off.

Kayla: Oh, so you have jokes now?

They all chuckled and made their way towards Minho's house. Right before anyone could knock on the door it opened up and out walks Minho.

Minho: Morning guys!

Everyone else in unison: Good Morning.

Minho: Everyone looks good in their new uniforms.

Ashley: Why thank you Minho.

Kayla: Girl, you know damn well he was only referring to you.

Ashely blushes slightly.

Minho: Technically I was referring to the both of you but whatever floats your boat Kayla.

Kayla: I know I look good, you don’t have to tell me twice.

Minho: Guys, remind me never to compliment Kayla again.

Onew: No problem, that’s what she has me for anyway.

Kayla: What was that Onew?

Onew: Oh nothing, sweetheart. That’s what old married couples call each other right?

Onew, Kayla and Ashely laughed while Minho on the other hand looked a bit puzzled.

Minho: Did I miss something?

Ashley: You sure did Minho but guys, after school we have got to hit up Pop’s pizza parlor or something. I’m sure he misses us.

Kayla: Yeah, that’s a great idea.

They all proceeded to talk about the most random things they could think of until they made it to school. Upon arriving they stop by the front desk to pick up a printed copy of their schedules.

Minho: Alright everyone, let me take a look at your schedules to see if we have any classes together.

Minho carefully examines the four pieces of paper.

Minho: Looks like I have first period with Ashley, second period with Onew and Kayla and both third and fourth period we all have together. Guys, we got ridiculously lucky with our schedules this time around.

Ashely: Yeah, you can say that again.

Kayla reaches into her backpack and grabs her phone.

Kayla: That’s all well and good but we don’t have much time before first period begins. Let’s try to find our lockers.

 

Minho's POV

With a sudden surge of bravery Minho walks over to Ashely at her locker and says, "you ready for first period?" She answers, “ as ready as I’ll ever be." To that protruded my arm for her to grab and she willingly took it so that now we were walking arm in arm. Before making it to first period we walked by Kayla who took one look at us and said to Ashely "you said me and Onew would make a cute couple but look at you too." In response Ashely stuck out her tongue and said, “correction, I said old married couple but let’s not make this weirder than it has to be.” There were more eyes on us than I was expecting there to be. I could have sworn I heard someone say "how cute,” and another one ask, "are they dating”? But we just ignored them and kept joking around as usual until we made it to Mr. Wong's science class. We un hooked arms, scoped out the room and then finally sat down taking our seats.

 

Hi Hi Everyone ^-^ This is my first fan fic and i hope you like it i am doing this with my good friend shineelvr aka Meghan and i hope you enjoyed it ;D! Please comment and tell me what u think because i love to read your comments :D ! <3 Sorry if it was to long or  little boring please bare with me i promise i will get better :)

P.S. Navagaye's Character has been changed to Ashley

Love SHINeegirl1231 aka Navagaye <3