|| Chapter 1

Devil's Revenge

||Chapter 1

Staring straight to the sky, you placed your hand on your forehead as the bright sun was somewhat burning your eyes. “There goes another season,” you sighed as you watched spring peering through the winter clouds. Sitting up from the wet dewy grass, you stood up and floated around the sky, feeling the sun on your cold icy skin. “Weeeeeeee! Yahoooo!” you happily yelled as you just wanted to freely float off the ground and glide through the sky. “Don’t you have work to do?” you heard a voice echoed from behind. Turning around you saw a pair of eyes glaring at you. “Argh!!! Nam WooHyun!” you frighteningly yelled, “…*sigh… You scared me. Please give me a break, just only today.”

“Come on, stop being so lazy,”

“You should stop stalking me,”

“Stalking you is my duty and your duty is to stalk your ‘human’, okay?”

“Why can't you stop scolding me for just one day?”

“Scolding is good. Makes a lazy guardian like you move,”

“This is the first time I’ve met such a mean angel. Aren’t you supposed to be nice? With all of those ‘hallelujah’ things and cloud flying underneath you?”

“Those- are in fantasies, this is reality,”

“Still you’re bullying me,”

“I can be nice too,”

“Never seen it before,”

“Well you just have to try. Now go to work!”

“Fine, okay, I’m going now,”

***

Quietly entering through the bedroom door, you found it still strange how you could just slide through doors without getting your head crashed into the door. Hovering over to the bed that laid in the corner of the white painted room, you saw a long figure lying on the bed as an irritated expression was fixed on his face. Swiftly waving your hands around you got changed into a maid’s dress and made yourself visible. Magically a vacuum cleaner popped out from midair, slightly clearing your throat you pulled out your iPod and plugged the earphones in your ear.

Starting the vacuum you begin to clean the soft vanilla carpet, singing loudly along with the song you couldn’t help but to glance over at the frustrated person lying on the bed. “Yah! Turn it off!” he yelled as he had two pillows compressed against both sides of his face. Pretending to not hear anything you continued to sing off key. Suddenly the loud roar of the vacuum was turned off and the earphone was roughly pulled from your ear. “Do it later,” he sleepily ordered as he headed back to the bed and slumped on it.

“Wake up,” you said but he completely ignored you and continued to sleep, “L, are you going to wake up?” Again you plugged in the earphone and continued to vacuum the carpet. “Urgh! Okay, okay! I’ll wake up!” he yelled blocking both ears with his hands as he ran to the bathroom. “That’ll make you learn to wake up when I tell you to,” you smiled as you clicked your fingers and disappeared from the room.

Appearing downstairs in the kitchen, you were determined to cook this once. You’ve always used the advantage of being ‘magical’ to cook food, but this time you were determined to cook properly. Pulling out a frying pan and some eggs you the fire. Pouring a light amount of oil, you waited for the pan to heat up, carefully cracking each egg you watched as they bubble as smoke was emitted from them.

“Cooking isn’t that bad,” you grinned concentrating on the eggs as they bubble to life, “Now… When do I flip them…Uh? Maybe later.” After 10 minutes you decided to flip the eggs, after flipping the eggs, the bottom side was burnt charcoal. “Argh! What should I do?!” you said panicking, but then something came to your mind, “I’ll fix this up with some magic.”

Cautiously you blew onto the eggs to make them perfectly cooked, but then a burst of fire blurted out from the stove and the entire kitchen was flashing bright with fire. “Hey! Cleaning lady, did you finish cooking breakfff-” L said as his eyes widened at the scene before him, “M-m-my kitchen! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY KITCHEN?!?!”

“I’m sorry… I can explain,” you simply grinned up at him as he glared down at you.