||Chapter 2

Devil's Revenge

 

||Chapter 2

“This has never happened before?! What was on your mind when you woke up this morning?!” L continued to scold you as you lowered your head and remained silent, “…*sigh… I’ll buy lunch on the way, just make me a cup of coffee.” With that he turned away and headed up stairs to his room to get ready for work as you magical made him his coffee. “You should be more careful,” a voice spoke from behind, you let out a sigh as you turned around to see the ‘angel’ sitting on the table, which was partially burnt.

“I’m sorry, but it was by accident,”

“I told you it was a bad idea to let him see you, but you never listen,”

“I know WooHyun, but I really want him to look at me visibly not through midair,”

“Do you still remember the rules?! Or what you promised me?”

“I remember, I’ll never forget,”

“Good, I don’t want anything to happen to you,”

Glancing around at the strange and different world, you felt as though you didn’t belong there and that everyone around you were just perfect, from the kindness and down to the heart, they were angels. “Can I help you?” someone asked as you stared up at him, he was pretty tall and his eyes were beautiful as his hair slightly covered his eyes. “Oh. I’m looking for an angel name Nam WooHyun, I heard he’s my guardian, can you help me find him?” you asked as his eyes were staring at you, not with coldness, neither was it with warmth.

“I’m that angel, Nam WooHyun,”

“It's you? Um… I need help around here, I’m kind of lost with my duties,”

“Come,”

WooHyun turned around and walked ahead, you wasn’t sure of where he was going, so you’re only option was to follow him, after following him for a while he stopped in the middle of an opened field, where the grass was freshly green and the organisms living there seem to live forever. “Where is this place?” you asked as you were amazed by the scene. “This place, is where you’ll report the details to me and where you’ll find me,” he explained, “I’m going to be in charge of looking after you and how you protect your human.”

“Okay, then where is my human?”

“You’ll see him later, but I want you to know this rule,”

“What rule?”

“A guardian can and will never fall in love with their human,”

“And if they do?”

“They’ll be banished from the human world and the heaven world,”

“Where would they be banished to?”

“The Underworld,”

“But I-”

“I know about your past, so this is why I’m telling you this, be careful,”

“Okay, thank you,”

“I know you really want to see L again, but even if you see him, he won’t be able to remember you,”

“Everything of our memories has been lost?”

“That’s why it’s called reincarnation, to recreate memories and lives of humans. But although they have a secret drop of blood in their mind that can bring back memories, L has lost his, so now his memories are being created again,”

“I understand,”

“I want you to promise that you’ll never let anything harm you,”

“Okay, I promise,”

“Cleaning lady!” your trail of memories was broken as you heard L calling you, quickly running upstairs you found L having trouble with getting dressed, “Help! My hair is tangled with the buttons!” “Here, I’ll get it out,” you sighed as you made your way to him and help untangle the button from his hair, “You should learn how to get dressed properly.” Slowly pulling out the tangled hair you found your eyes teary as it has been so long that you’ve actually been this close to L. “Hey, why are you quite today? Don’t you normally talk a lot?” L asked curiously feeling uneasy from the quiet atmosphere.

“I just have a lot on my mind,”

“Don’t stress too much, it’ll make you look older,”

“I should be saying that to you. It must be hard to take over the entire Kim Corporation,”

“It is, but I’m fine with it,”

“You don’t look too ‘fine’, you usually come home looking tired,”

“That’s because you always annoy the hell out of me,”

“Am I that annoying?”

“Yeah, you kind of are. I just want you to not use the vacuum cleaner to wake me up and your horrible singing, then probably I’ll feel more eased,”

“There isn’t any other way to wake a pig like you up,”

“I’m pretty sure you have tons of ideas in that head of yours. Now are you don’t taking out the button?!”

“Yes, yes, I’m done,”

“I’m going to work now, make sure you don’t burn anything else down,”

“I won’t, promise,”

“You better keep it,”