|| Chapter 8

Devil's Revenge

|| Chapter 8

“What is happening in here?” he asked looking straight into your eyes, with a shocked glare. L slowly made his way towards you and stopped right before you.

“What’s going on?” he asked looking frightened, “What are you?!” Confusingly looking down at your hands you realised that you were half invisible. “L! She is a ghost after your soul! You have to get away from her!” JooRin exclaimed running towards L and pulling him away from you.

But L didn’t look too convinced and forcefully made his way back towards you, “I want an answer from you. What are you?” L asked sternly.

Gulping hard you lowered your head and averted from his look. “I can’t tell you, sorry,” you replied softly and completely turned yourself invisible.

“I know you’re not a ghost! You wouldn’t harm me! I know you’re a good person!” L yelled as he watched you disappearing. Cold heavy drops of tears fell from your eyes as you looked straight at L.

“You’re a guardian. Guardians don’t cry over their humans, you are to only protect them,” you heard WooHyun’s voice as you quickly wiped away the tears.

“Can you explain to me why I suddenly turned invisible? And why lately I’m unable to heal from wounds?”

“Don’t you remember? You only have one and a half months left, you’re body is getting weak?”

“Then why is it that L knows that I’m not a ghost?”

“Probably since his life is ending, things from the past has been granted to come back to him,”

“So what are you saying is that in the end, we’ll all have to die?”

“Er… Maybe, I don’t know,”

“WooHyun how can you not know?! You’re an angel!”

“But there are rules to what I can say!”

“If this life is already too hard to survive, I might as well end it quicker,”

“What are you going to do?!”

“Tell L that I love him,”

“You can’t do that!”

“Why not?! My life is already a Devil’s play!”

“Don’t you remember what you promised me?! Don’t you remember the rules?!”

“But I don’t want to live this life anymore! It’s too tiring!”

“You’ve lived up to this day now you want to give up?! I don’t want you to get hurt and you promised me you’ll never do anything to hurt yourself!”

You saw the anger in WooHyun’s eyes, you looked into his eyes and mouthed out, ‘I’m sorry’ before turning yourself back to being visible. But suddenly you felt WooHyun grabbed your hand and pulled you back, wrapping his arms around you. “I don’t want you to hurt yourself,” he whispered softly, your eyes lowered in guilt.

“I’m tired of living this way, L is also suffering a lot too,” you softly spoke slowly raising your arms as you hugged WooHyun back, “WooHyun, please tell whether I can save L.”

“There is one way,” WooHyun replied as he released you, turning his back to face you.

“What is it?”

“The reason why the snake demon is after his soul is because in his heart, the puzzle piece of his memory still contains his demon’s soul. The only way to prevent L from any other harm is to destroy it,”