|| Chapter 4

Devil's Revenge

|| Chapter 4

“L,”

“L!”

“L!!!”

L was running away from someone or something, the sweet voice yelled his name was becoming louder, you watched from a distance, you found yourself unable to move from that very spot you were standing at. Even using all of your powers you were unable to move. “L! Run faster!” you yelled watching as a large snake chasing after him, “It’s catching up to you!”

“L… I’m going to catch you… Come to me,” a dreary and frightening voice was heard as the large snake managed to wrapped its tail around L, suddenly the loud laughter of a women was heard, in the laugh was filled with greed and wickedness.    

Opening your eyes you let out a sigh, looking up at your surroundings, you found yourself in the kitchen of L’s home. “L!” you yelled quickly running to his room, but he wasn’t there either. Panicking you ran around his entire house to look for him but you couldn’t see him. “Ow! !” you suddenly heard L cursing and it was coming from the bathroom that was intersecting with his room. Without thinking you immediately ran through the door to check if he was inside, but to your surprise your eyes widened as you saw the half-stripped L as his hair has gotten snagged onto one of his buttons.

“Argh! Cleaning lady?! What are you doing in here?!” L yelled as he turned away from and hid him behind the shower stall, “Why didn’t you knock?!”

“I thought you were in danger,”

“What danger?! My hair is stuck to a button?!”

“I’m sorry, I’ll get out now,”

“Wait,”

You paused in your tracks as you turned to face him again, “Help me get this button off,” L said in a much softer tone. A smile stretched over your lips as you made your way towards him, L sat down on the toilet lid and patiently waited until you finish pulling the button off.

“Is it off yet?”

“Almost,”

“Why do you always do that?”

“Do what?”

“Appearing out of nowhere. It’s scary,”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to jump out on you,”

“What martial arts did you learn? It’s freaky, you should teach me it,”

“I don’t know any martial arts,”

L remain silent, trying to untwine his hair from the button, you heard him heave out a sigh. “I meet a noona when I was young, she also jumped out of nowhere and left from nowhere. I don’t clearly remember how she looked like, but she hand cold hands like yours, they were freezing.” You gulped hard, you were wondering if he had suspected something.

“I think you two have the same illness,”

Heaving out a relief sigh you smiled, “A lot of people have this illness,”

“But her hands, they were like… Ghost hands,”

“Umm… I don't think so, you were too young,”

“Are you her daughter? That’s why you have this illness?”

“Er… Oh! The button is off,”

“Thanks,”

“I’ll be leaving now,”

“Yeah,”

Letting out a sigh you opened the door and walked out, but suddenly WooHyun popped out of nowhere, “Omo! WooHyun! You scared me!” you panted in shock. “You better be careful. Don’t be so rash,” WooHyun glared down at you, immediately nodding you innocently smiled up at him.

“I’m here to tell you that within this point of the year, L is in serious danger, make sure you don’t slack off okay?”

“Yes, I understand… Um… WooHyun, I had a weird dream last night,”

“You had a dream? Guardians don’t have dreams unless it’s something really bad,”

“Don’t that mean something will happen to L?! I had a dream that he was being chased by a snake and I couldn’t move, I was frozen watching the snake attack him!”

“Relax, don’t yell… Just kept both eyes opened,”

“Can you just tell me what is going to happen to L?”

“No, it’s a secret of the law of Heaven,”

“Fine… Don't tell me,”