|| Epilogue

Devil's Revenge

|| Epilogue

 

Swaying your legs back and forth you let out a heavy sigh as you looked up at the leafless branches of apple tree, the branches were cold and dry as not a single leaf grew upon it. The soft pure white flakes of snow fell from the heaven’s skies as your eyes trailed after each flake falling down gently in the palm of your hand. Gazing your eyes down below you, you watched as two old couple hand in hand walked each other through the snowing morning. The couple made their way in the house together.

A smile appeared upon your lips as you watch the man cheerfully laugh, while he happily teased his wife. Jumping off the tree you flew right behind him, the man then watched as his wife walked ahead of him and he followed after her. Suddenly he slipped and you immediately caught him, the old man then looked at you and smiled. “Thank you kid,” he laughed but then his eyes concentrated on you, “You really look like my cleaning lady.”

“Oh really? My grandma said she use to work here for a man named L, she said it was the best days of her life,”

“Really? How is she now? I haven’t heard from her for a long time,”

“She is living a great life overseas, she also says she misses your annoying acts and bossy orders,”

L chuckled softly, “That’s good to hear then, do you want to come in?”

“No it’s fine, I just happened to come and visit you for my grandma,”

“Okay then, have a great day,”

“You too,”

L then headed in while you turned yourself back into being invisible with a smile glancing at the warm looking house. “L, I will always be your friend, I’ll always protect you,” you softly whispered, “I’ll see you in your next life and also the next.” “Yah, where have you been? We need one more person to play mahjong, hurry!” WooHyun out of nowhere popped out as he dragged you away, rolling your eyes and letting out a sigh as you had no choice but to follow him.

“You should stop gambling, it’s not good for your health,”

“But one of the angels has a really rare fruit to gamble, I have to win it. You are going to win it for me,”

“Seriously you angels are weird, who in the world would use fruits as a gamble,”

“It’s part of heavens law… Come on! The game is starting!”


Thank you everyone for your support!

And also a special thanks to the readers of ‘The Devil’s Labyrinth’