|| Chapter 10

Devil's Revenge

|| Chapter 10

 

Opening your eyes you found your arms weaken, looking at down your hands you realised that you were slowly fading. Looking at your surroundings and noticed you were still at home, trying to stand up you found your legs aching. Peaking through the gap of the door you suddenly saw nothing but two glowing green lights. Seeing as those eyes belong to L you suddenly remembered something. 

“The snake demon awoke him,” WooHyun said, “Be careful, a guardian and demon’s powers cannot be close to each other, it might harm you.”

“That means we cannot be close to each other?” L asked.

“Yeah, the dark power will harm the other side, sometimes it can remove all of their powers,”

“WooHyun, do you have any idea how to solve this problem? I don’t mind any of the consequences,” you asked, glancing over at L.

“The last resort is to… Return back to the past, return back to your original roles,” WooHyun stated, “That is the last thing I can do for you. Everything is too late already. Think carefully and tell me your answers.”

*Where is WooHyun?* you asked yourself as you slowly made your way back outside knowing that L has been possessed by the snake demon. *I need your help WooHyun, I don’t know what to do*

Suddenly you saw a bright glow and then WooHyun walked towards you, you found it strange as to where the bright glow was coming from. Only those of the higher positions would only have the glow. You didn’t understand what was happening. “There’s not much time left, hurry and kill L,” WooHyun said. “What?! How can I do that?!” you yelled in shock.

“I’m serious. The snake demon has already combined their powers together. Just kill him,”

“WooHyun-”

“Go. It's the orders from them, you know you can’t disobey,”

“You’re not WooHyun! He would never tell me to do these things!”

“You’re right. I’m the head of all angels, WooHyun has been punished already, so if you want everything to be fine go and kill L,”

“How can that be a thing coming from an angel?! L is human you can’t harm an innocent being!”

“L has always had his demon form within him, from the start he was going to be this, just follow the instructions and end this. I still haven't punished you for falling in love with your human,”

“But I-”

“Here's a knife to kill the demon, if you don’t kill him by midnight you’ll be the person who disappears, you only have 3 hours, hurry and do it,”

The angel vanished and you were holding the knife in your hands. Thinking hard on what you should do, but slowly watching as your body was fading while it made everything hard to grip the knife or to stand up properly.

***

“There’s only 5 minutes left,” you sighed as you continued to look at the knife, suddenly you thought of something. Quickly trying to stand up you hurriedly ran to find the snake demon, as you were running through the place you then noticed a strange looking green snake laying in the middle of the hallway. Bending down to pick it up you then saw L looking down at you. “What are you doing?” he asked coldly.

Quickly hiding the snake behind your back you realised that the snake was dead, “Nothing I was cleaning the floor,” you smiled. “What are you hiding behind your back?” L asked, but knowing that the snake demon had taken over his body you held the dead snake up at his face. L’s eyes widened as you looked down at the snake with a smirk, holding up the knife you sliced off its head and stabbed the snake. L suddenly spat out green blood and yelled, “How can you do this to me?! You stupid guardian!” L’s eyes then turned back to the brown and looked at you strangely, “Hey, cleaning lady, what are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping by now?” L asked as you smiled and tears uncontrollably fell from your eyes. L then turned his head to see the green blood to be turned into dirt, “What happened here? Who wore dirty shoes in my house?”

You shrugged with a smile, “You should go to bed now L, you have a busy day tomorrow at the company so get your energy ready.”

“Fine fine, night then. Oh! And clean up the mess,”

“Yes sir, I’m on my way,”

“Congratulations! You finally solved everything, L is back as human and you’re a guardian again… Oh! I’m back as an angel guardian,” WooHyun smiled while you turned to glare at him, “What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

You laughed and gave him a small hug, “Thank you my guardian angel, I finally realised the right thing to do.”

“Don’t you want to be with L?”

“I am with him, even though we are not lovers but I still get to protect him, I’m satisfied with this result, but I was sort of scared that I’ll kill L,”

“The head angel did hint you, but if you weren’t to kill the snake then L would have definitely died,”

“I sort of realised the snake should’ve had something that was an object of its life,”

“Smart, now where do you want to go to celebrate?”

“Celebrate?”

“Yeah let’s go drink beer,”

“We can drink alcohol?”

“Sh! Let’s keep this from the others,”

“Haven’t you learnt your lesson from before?”

“Well, I haven’t learn a lot of lessons,”

You shook your head as you used a bit of magic to make the house clean again and disappeared with WooHyun.