Episode 3

We got married

 

Episode 3 “The Surprise”
12:10 pm
 
No one’s POV
The Jonghun and Nana couple had finished their second mission “The strength mission” successfully. Jonghun showed his soccer skills, he even tried to goal to prove that Nana and he will have a happy marriage ahead them whilst Nana showed her piano skills which she hasn’t shown to anyone but his husband. Under the sun’s heat, the couple did a few fan services and right after that, they decided to grab their lunches. What has added to heat of the afternoon was the unexpected visit of Jonghun’s band, the F.t Island.
 
Nana’s POV
 
We were in the middle of our lunches when someone called Jonghun ssi, just a little earlier, we weren’t paying attention to anyone because we were hungry and tired but this call was an exception. It was F.t Island, Jonghun’s band, approaching us. I saw Jonghun gulped and his face looked like he’d seen a ghost; the blood in his face seemed to run out. I couldn’t help but chuckle, he was surprised. I, in fact, had a little hint that this would happen anytime soon, it’s part of the whole we got married where the group the wife or the husband respectively belongs to will have a surprise visit. I better hold on tight for a dreadful series of events. Ahjussi, please cut this part.
 
“Hyung!” The other member called again. He was the smallest of them four, it thought. He had this cheerful aura in him. I suddenly remembered Lizzy, he was like Lizzy’s male version. The whole F.t Island was here. I noticed their great fashion sense, even Jonghun seemed to be iconic on the way he put clothes on.
 
“Aren’t you going to let us sit Hyung?” That I believed was Lee Hongki, the lead vocalist of F.t Island. I knew him because he worked with Uee unnie in the hit drama You’re beautiful. What was their band called? A.N.jell?Yes, that was it. He was sure as playful as what everyone seen in the drama. He had this nice smile by the way, but Jonghun’s was more charming, his was playful and deceiving.
 
“Oh you can sit beside me” I figured out that Jonghun wasn’t going to act normal soon and so I offered them the seats. Jonghun was still in shock state. Jonghunssi, you better help me out here. I stared at him and he got my message; he moved.
“Hyung, I pitty your wife for having you. Nana ssi, are you happy with him?” The guy with the beautiful lips teased us. I just laughed in return. They also noticed Jongun’s unresponsiveness.
 
“Nana ssi, you are really pretty up close with those simple clothes, what more in dresses and gowns?” The one that reminded me of lizzy complimented me. I blushed, it was usual of me to blush whenever I get compliments.
 
“Yah Minhwan, just because she’s an After school member doesn’t mean you could flirt with Nana ssi” Hongki added.
“Don’t mind Minhwan, he’s a fan of After School that’s why he’s ecstatic” Seunghyon commented. I actually knew Seunghyon because he’s close with Shinee’s Key. Key introduced me to his friends before.
 
“Ah really? It’s nice knowing that. Do you have someone you like in particular?” Hongki and Jonghun looked at each other like I asked the worst question. Hongki kept on coughing, the other members just laughed. I was really confused so I looked at Jonghun. He was avoiding my look. What’s wrong then?
 
“Nana ssi, you’re the prettiest so I adore you” Minhwan let a cute voice emerged and his eyes were twinkling.
“You should ask Jonghun” Hongki suddenly blurted out. He was biting his lips to prevent his laughter from coming out whilst Jonghun was speechless and glared at Hongki.
 
“Oh, I really don’t mind, he can like anyone” I lied, ofcourse. It’s very typical for me to say I wasn’t affected, but to be honest I was. I badly wanted to know who his ideal girl was but I was sceptical, more of afraid that I wouldn’t be it. Obviously, it wasn’t me. We barely knew each other until we Got married happened.
 
“Really? You should know it then. Both of us admire the same girl” Hongki was grinning weirdly.
“Yes yes! You’ll be surprise!” Seunghyon added.
 
“It’s after school’s Jooyeon noona” My heart sank for a second. This wasn’t happening. I shouldn’t be affected at all, I wasn’t even feeling something for him. All we ever did was for the sake of the show. I wasn’t supposed to be jealous but even though it was just a show, I still had the right to get jealous right? I was the ..wife
 
“Ah really? Joo yeon unnie will be flattered knowing that. She’s very pretty and talented” I said.
 
I saw Hongki hit Jonghun secretly, and Jonghun just smiled and looked down.
 
“Actually, Now It’s just Hongki’s” Jonghun finally decided to speak up, but he wasn’t looking at me. He was playing with the spoon.
“Aish Hyung why lie?” Seunghyon jokingly asked.
 
We just laughed the whole heart sinking moment off. It felt suffocating at first but I couldn’t let this happen. I just shrugged at everything.
 
“So Noona how’s Hyung? Is he treating you nicely? You can tell us” Jaejin questioned.
 
I met with silence for a moment before I spoke, I was really careful. My words could say a lot.
 
“Jonghun ssi is a very good person you know, he’s really thoughtful”
“Aish Noona, that’s not what we want to hear” Hongki joked.
“Yah, Hongki, you heard her” Jonghun was trying a little bit to get back at everything.
“Noona, did you know that Hyung dyed his hair back to bonde because of you?”
 
I was taken a back on what I heard. Did I hear it right? Jonghun dyed his hair blonde because of me? Right okay, I got it. That was why Jonghun’s hair was black when we first met. I didn’t have the guts to ask him why his hair was now blonde. It was really sweet, really. I felt surreal and very important.
 
“Ouch Hyung! What did I do?!” Seunghyon rubbed his ankle madly.
“I believe Jonghun ssi’s hair has something to do with your next concept” I added. I knew he was blushing and it was very cute.
“No noona, did you know that he even se—“ Before he could finish his sentence, he was cut by Jonghun’s hand.
“Aish Hyung, be nice to me or I’ll tell your other secrets” Seunghon barfed out.
“Omo, tell me then!” I joined to their childishness, we were out casting Jonghun and I really liked seeing them like this. The true spirit of
brotherhood was really with them.
 
“Noona, did you know that Hyung’s the most experience among us when it comes to relationships?”
“I knew it” I knew it from his looks, who wouldn’t fall for a guy like him? He’s handsome, talented and kind. It was actually impossible for girls not to fall for him. It’s what I expected.
 
“But he likes Noonas” Minhwan exclaimed.
 
I felt the second sinking ship for today. Jonghun likes noonas, meaning, not girls of my age. He wouldn’t actually fall for me. Who am I anyway? I’m just a girl who sings and dances. I wasn’t even a matured thinker. What was I even thinking? I brushed the thought aside and decided to move on. I could see Jonghun didn’t want where the conversation was going. I, too, wasn’t even comfortable about this.
 
“So Nana ssi, how about you? Who do you like among us?” Hongki ssi broke the silence. He knew they had revealed to much.
“Yah, Hongki, ofcourse it would be me. I’m the husband” 
“Aish, Jonghun ssi, just because you’re my husband doesn’t mean I can’t like someone else” I stuck my tongue at him. He deserved this.
“Of course” Jonghun continued
“Aish these two, fighting like love birds” They all teased and laughed at us.
 
We continued to talk about things that brought laughter the whole time. I felt comfortable around these guys, I was the usual awkward type around guys. Maybe because they’re Jonghun’s almost brothers. We even talked about each other’s groups. We hardly talked about me and Jonghun after that. I was sure his fans were talking about the confession.
 
I ordered Banana split for I was sensing they were hungry.
 
“Noona, you are really thoughtful. We didn’t say we’re hungry.” Minhwan playfully ate a spoonful of ice cream.
“I think it’s my responsibility to take care of Jonghun ssi’s dongsaengs” I winked at him and messed his hair.
“Jonghun ssi? You still call him formally?” Hongki commented
“Ah yes, he’s older that’s why”
“Noona, you should call him hubby, honey or whatever couple name”
 
I just looked at Jonghun. Not sure if the idea was right. I just shook my head at the crazy idea. It was getting late, thus we bid the members goodbye, I also bought the members an ice cream since they requested at Jonghun’s. Ofcourse, Jonghun didn’t but any. He was still pissed of how the visit turned out. I saw Hongki patted Jonghun’s shoulder and so did Jonghun. I was glad they were okay already.
 
**Interviews
Nana- “I was really amazed of everything I found out today. Specially, the part when they said Jonghun ssi dyed his hair to blonde because of me. It was really thoughtful. 
 
Jonghun-“I lost half of my dignity today (haha). The members revealed too much but we had fun. I really thought Nana was getting bored but I was wrong again, she even joined the childishness of my members although I felt sorry for her, knowing I like noonas more. She shouldn’t have known about that.
 
The day was nearing to its nightfall. The breeze was getting cold and I was only wearing a fitted jeans and a blouse. The night’s air started to hug me and didn’t let me go. The night stores were beginning to open, the lights spontaneously perched the busy streets and the cars annoyingly honked at each other. The two of us approached the night silently; I was busy admiring the beauty of night.
 
“Are you cold?” He suddenly asked.
I was brushing my arms the whole time, he noticed it then.
“Ah no, I’m okay” I lied again.
 
We continuously walked the night off with silence. I still felt awkward after finding out everything. I should distance myself with him before everything falls in the wrong places.
 
“Hey, why are you so quiet now?” He nudged my shoulders.
“I’m just admiring the night” I lied again. I was constantly lying and I hated it. One wrong move and I’d be judged. I didn’t want that, we need to protect ourselves from each other’s fans. Our fans could be cruel sometimes; the most hurtful words could come from them and I was really afraid that would happen.
 
“You love the city at night too?”
“Yes, everything’s beautiful at night. The busyness of everything masks the darkness of night. It’s like the beauty of it takes over and rules. It’s disappointing sometimes, if the night’s sad with the fact that the blackness of it adds to the sadness of it, it’s really bizarre” I unknowingly stated. I just realized I was stuck in the situation I never wanted in the first place; it was throatcutting but I couldn’t show it. I was bound to show everything interesting for the sake of the show. I even risked my feelings for this.
 
“That’s really deep you know”He commented but I just smiled.
“I was just thinking about things” 
“What things then?”
“That’s one tough question I don’t know where to start” I just joked to lighten the silence that was both killing us.
 
Just then we were about to ride the bus. I saw a store near the café, the store’s name’s “Everything Thrift”.
 
“Omo, this is nice!” I cooed.
“What are we doing here?” Jonghun confusingly barfed at me.
“Well I think we still lack some things back at home” I didn’t lie; we lacked home stuff.
 
We separated ways when we entered the store. I went to the house cleaning equipment station and he went to the cashier desk where the salesladies were shrieking with joy. I just sighed.
I grabbed everything we needed back at home. I was feeling like a housewife and I kind of liked it. Now I know mom has been expert to such. Being a wife is no easy; nevertheless, it’s challenging. Then I stumbled upon the couple stuff. I wasn’t thinking right, but still, danger ruled over me.
 
“Uh miss can you do me a favour?” I shyly asked. She just nodded,
“Can you help me sneak these things out without him knowing?” I ponted at Jonghun
 
For a moment, she raised an eyebrow then agreed. I quickly took the stuff out, careful to be busted. I rushed towards the counter but he was still busy chatting and flirting with the ladies, it was actually good though, he wouldn’t notice anything. I planned to pay the bill but he stopped me.
 
“ I should pay that” he was almost taking the money out from his wallet. I was worried he would notice the bill.
“Anniyo, I’ll pay, I actually bought my money for this” I lied again.
“Are you sure? We can let the set pay” He joked.
 
I looked at the cameraman but he resisted. The other saleslady put the ones I bought.
“Okay, I’ll bring that”
“Ah no, it’s not heavy anyway” I insisted
 
He gave up then she brushed my hair like a kid.
We weren’t talking the whole time in the bus. It felt like there was a sort of barrier between us. I couldn’t even approach him. He must have noticed something was wrong but he didn’t mention it. Just then, I was about to talk to him, his phone rang.
 
PHONE CONVERSATION
Jonghun: Yobeseo? Oh Noona. Really? You need a place to stay at? Yes I’m sure she won’t mind mind. You two can sleep at the room.
 
I was shocked, did he actually offer a room to a girl?much more, a noona? Was he punishing me? I didn’t have any idea, who was at the phone, but I slightly felt jealous but ofcourse I acted like it was nothing. He even teased me by bringing his phone closer. I just ignored him. I wasn’t acting this time.
“Are you jealous?” Jonghun laughingly asked.
“Omo, what’s there to be jealous of?” I laughed too.
“Yah, aren’t you even going to ask who called?”
“Oh Im sure she’s important”
 
He gave up teasing me, it wasn’t going to work. We arrived home, still without talking to each other. He was trying to build up small talks but I always ended it. I wasn’t feeling right, I needed a break. It’s our second day of being husband and wife but it seemed like things were already starting to mess up, I was thinking twice if I would show him what I bought. I guess, it should be given to Key. He would appreciate this.
 
“Do you want to me to cook?” He awkwardly asked.
“Suit yourself”
 
Much to my dismay, I just switched the t.v on. I relentlessly scanned the channels. I was watching mnet countdown with SHINee performing Lucifer. I couldn’t believe how key had grown this big, I mean, he’s really popular and I was lucky I got to be his friend.
 
“Are you crushing on Jonghyun?” Jonghun suddenly appeared. His arms were crossed along his chest.
“he’s actually goodlooking” I said without looking at him.
“Yah, what did I do now?”
“Are you angry at me because I like noonas?” he smirked.
 
I couldn’t believe he said that. True enough what Hongki said when Jonghun went to the comfort room was true. Jonghun was really outspoken; he couldn’t control what he was saying.
 
“I’m sorry I shouldn’t—“ He was cut by the sound of the doorbell. I decided to check it out. I was sure it was our third mission, but wasn’t it too early? I wouldn’t be able to shoot the next episode right away because we’e going to have our stage performances, I should be back at the dorm the next days.
“Omo” I was really surprised with whom I saw. It was jooyeon noona, the one Jonghun talked to on the phone, that’s why he was urging me to ask who the caller was. It was very stupid of me to expect it was someone.
“Unnie why are—“ She hugged me right away and so did I. Tears were starting to form in my eyes but I quickly wiped them. She shouldn’t see this, much more Jonghun.
“So what, aren’t you even going to let me in?”I missed her teasings. She was the only one who teases me this way. She’s my bestfriend, no scratch that, my sister.
 
I let her sit on the couch while I set the table. I couldn’t see Jonghun’s face but I was sure he was smiling like an idiot. He did it again; surprising me. Whereas  I was the one who supposedly surprise him. I lost again.
 
“Thankyou” I quickly ran and whispered behind him, then I heard him chuckle.
“Nana I’m hungry, we’re eating , aren't we?” Unnie teased again.
“Yah Unnie, if you were hungry, why didn’t you eat before getting here?” Of course, I always won when it comes to teasing jooeyon unnie.
 
“So, is Nana a good wife?” She looked at me but I just smirked.
 
Jonghun shook his head while slicing the meat. “Yes in fact she acts like a mother”
 
“Yah, so I’m you mother now?” I flashed an angry expression.
“I love my mother okay?”I blushed again. I could tell Jooyeon unnie was amused watching us fight.
“Jonghun, just call me when she does something wrong” Unnie added.
 
I was completely in awe for they’d teamed up against me. He surely was punishing me for teaming up with s.
“Noona, Can you tell me why nana ssi is so amuse watching Shinee?” I couldn’t fathom these two. From the look in unnie’s eyes, I knew she was going to spill it.
“Oh that’s because she has a special relationship with Key” she grinned.
“Special relationship?!” We both exclaimed.
“yah Nana, don’t act like you don’t know this”
“unnie, Key’s a very close friend of mine okay?” I defended.
“that’s what I said, but wait, you still call each other formally?” Unnie noticed it too. 
 
Jonghun and I just looked at each other again. We wouldn’t get to this again. We finished the dinner teasing each other. I missed the company of jooyeon unnie. Back at the dorm, we were always goofing around; annoying the other members. As what other say, we’re like twins.
Whilst Jonghun was washing the dishes, unnie and I had a sincere talk. I asked the camera man not to film it because I told him it was about After school’s comeback, of course, I lied again.
 
**Not filmed
“Unnie I miss you” I fussed at her but sure enough, she got what I meant.
“You can do this Nana ssi, you are doing well” She brushed my hair aside. She always does that whenever we have sincere talks.
“I watched the episode 1 and we’re admiring you. You don’t even want this but you still pursued it because of us. I know you agreed to this because you were thinking about us”. I didn’t know what to say. Obviously, after everything we’ve been through, we have known each other too well. Just too well.
“Nana, you’ll do well. And don’t worry about the fans, just be you. Leave them to us, we’ll get them” She laughed but I hugged her and she hugged back. The cameraman came back after a water break then filmed us hugging. Oh how I wished everything wasn’t filmed and for show.
“I thought you’re sleeping here?” I asked.
“Ah no, unnie wants me back at the dorm” She winked at me, I knew it.
 
Jonghun and I accompanied her at the door and bid goodbye
“Noona, thanks for coming. I hope yo two had talked enough”
“Ah yes, thankyou too, but pls? Let Nana do the cooking” She joked.
I hugged her again and kissed her. I thought about escorting her til she hail a cab but she didn’t let me.
“You can do this Nana, I know you can” She whispered to me.
 
END OF EPISODE 3
So what do you guise think?