Episode 2

We got married

 

Episode 2 “If heroes have super powers, so do couples”

No one’s Pov

                The first day of being husband and wife had already concluded. These two young at hearts spent the time to know each other well, but this will not be completed without showing each other’s’ strength, what will happen to these love birds as they get to know each other more?

6:03 AM

Jonghun’s POV

                A normal guy will wake up due to the sun’s rays beaming on his face but a husband will wake up to the sound of clashing wok and sizzling muchitos. Yes, I woke up to that sound. I wasn’t even sure if I had dreamt it at all or my friend was playing tricks on me first thing in the morning; add to that the stress of sleeping on a couch. I couldn’t blame anyone.

                As to my surprise, I saw Nana made her way to the kitchen. I didn’t know if she had wakened herself that already because she needed to prepare breakfast or she just couldn’t stay any longer on bed, I shrugged the thought.

                When I stepped out of the bathroom, I lost my senses. My mind seemed to be hypnotized by this sort of aroma. I followed the scent, still not thinking properly then I bumped to Nana.

“Omo, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to” I apologized. It was very stupid of me to act like I was in fairyland, smelling like a lost dear.

“Anniyo, it’s okay” She giggled. She had this most gorgeous laugh, to be honest. It was like a killer’s tone kind of laugh, the only difference was that, killers laugh because they’re going to kill someone, whereas Nana, hers was the shy type killers laugh. You get the point? A killer’s shy laugh. Yep, that’s it. It made me laugh too, I couldn’t help myself but to laugh.

“What are you doing?” I eagerly asked her. Did she make all these? The scent that almost led me to neverland?

“Cooking breakfast?” She was confused too. How could she be so innocent without trying to be one? Aish, I was confusing myself.

“We could just go out”. The smile on her face banished. Why? I made her somewhat sad and I felt guilty.

“Or we can have it now” I added just to bring the smile back. I pushed her gently into her seat. I made her sad I was the one responsible to outran that. I looked very carefully on what’s set on the table: I was very amazed on what I saw and I then, my lips, a very bad habit of mine actually. I couldn’t believe she could cook these. These are American foods, well cooked and well prepared. Even my mother didn’t bother to prepare these for me, but Nana, I only met her twice and she did these like we two were really a couple. I was deeply touched for a moment. Without her trying to impress me, she just magically did. I was lost for words and my mind didn’t cooperate either; it was shouting go eat already, feed me!

“Nana ssi” I looked at her with my sincerest eyes but she looked down. Did I really mess up her mood? No, this couldn’t be.

The whole breakfast thing was killing me, not because the food was bad. It didn’t make me choke nor complain. I was the best foot served to me by far. It was because we weren’t talking with each other. She didn’t even look at me; she was facing down the whole time we were eating. It made me mortified, a lot. Did I do something wrong? Just as when I was about to approach her, the doorbell rang. Good timing, folks.

“I’ll get that” I blurted out just to excuse myself from the whole near death experience. She just looked at me with those eyes, those eyes that could kill me, those innocent eyes without any idea that they were. I felt like she sent me a message – okay go open the door, save yourself from me. I just blinked.

No one was there when I opened the door but they left something behind. It was the drum. The drum we encountered yesterday. I was sure it was our second mission. Then Nana came behind, she was curious too and so I handed her the drum.

Nana and Jonghun ssi,

                Goodmorning! Sorry to bother your lovely morning but you have to know your second mission. Your mission today is “Show each other your strengths” , sounds nice isn’t it? It depends on the two of you where you’ll take each other. Goodluck!

Then she looked at me, at last. She wasn’t looking at me with those eyes. They were questioning me, but I too, didn’t have any idea on how to deal with this.

“How should we do this Jong hun ssi?” Did I see her smile? For good sake, I felt myself be able to breathe again, we were nowhere in the death pace.

“Hmm. How about you? Do you have any thoughts?” Truthfully, I didn’t have any idea until something came. Besides music, I was never inclined into anything; however, Sports had somewhat showed a light on me. When I was on high school, I played soccer very well, and so I wanted to show her my soccer skills. It’s the only other thing I know I’m good at; besides, showing something we’re both good at was too mainstream already. I took the strength mission literally.

“How about let’s go to the nearest university?” I suggested. She appeared to be wondering on why I would take her to a University.

“Why a university of all places? Are you going to show me you’re smarter than the professors?” She joked. I didn’t even know what’s with her that made her deliver unintentional jokes professionally and so I laughed, but she didn’t laugh. It turned out, she was asking me seriously. I cleared my throat from my embarrassment. She just shook her head in disbelief.

“I want to show you how good your husband kicks a ball”. She then understood it by making an Oh expression and I found it cute, somehow.

Everything came back to normal. We finished our breakfast, still without talking, but with a few glances and after laughs with each other. It felt really good. This moment should be taken magnificently by the camera man. I also volunteered to wash the dishes again; she didn’t let me this time. It was very considerate of her to insist on washing the dishes when she was the one to cook for breakfast, but I felt useless, all I could was sat and on the couch.

“Jonghun sii, are you really sure we are going to a university?” She worriedly asked.

“Yes, Seoul University is near here and the school has a soccer field”

She just shrugged her shoulders, sighed and smiled. It was her way of teasing me; A heavy sigh.

**Interviews

Nana

“I was actually sad this morning of how Jonghun ssi responded, but I misunderstood him and I felt really bad about that. I thought he didn’t like what I cooked, as it turned out, he was the one who finished the bread and egg casserole and so I felt better afterwards. I still wonder how’s his soccer skills, that makes me worried, to be honest.”

Jonghun

“I was dying when we were eating. I thought I did something wrong but as the breakfast thing passed, everything came back to normal but I still don’t know what happened to  her”.

                We finished taking a bath and dressing ourselves. We decided to get out of the house by 8. It was a good day to begin with and it was a weekend, thus, only few people got by. I made sure that the atmosphere wouldn’t be that awkward again. Soon, we got to the bus.

“Oh Nana ssi, are you excited to see your husband play soccer?” I gave her my best smile. I knew she would blush and she did. It was very nice making her blush. Of all people that could do that, God blessed me.

“To be honest, I’m scared for you” She bit her lip jerkingly.

“And Why is that?” I rebounded.

“I’m scared you will hurt your feet. I’m not a good nurse. I really think  it’s the best if you choose another sport.” I couldn’t help myself but smile. She was worried I would hurt my feet. The other members would probably laugh when they’d watch this. Who would have expected someone to care for their hyung’s feet?

“Anniyo, I’m strong” I ended up showing her my not so big muscles

“You’re that confident? Okay you said it. Don’t come whining at me when you hurt your feet”. She was a good actress by the way, pretending to be angry at me then ignoring me.

I patted her and raised my hands opposite hers as I mocked the sign of defeat. It worked, then she gave me a smile.  “Okay okay, how about you? What will you show me then?”

“Hmm. I was thinking that the whole time, maybe I should show you something I haven’t shown to anyone?” I gulped at the idea of what she said; the she hit me lightly on my left arm.

“Yah, what are you even thinking?!” She scorned an angry expression on her face. I didn’t dare to speak because I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. She actually thought I was thinking that? I wish I could, but no. She hit me again and returned to being an actress.

“You’re a good actress you know, is that what you’re going to show me? Your acting skills? Because if it were, thumbs up!” I again.

“Aish, Jonghun ssi, are you really trying to ruin my mood?”

“Anniyo, I’ll behave now” I said but my smile wasn’t banishing at all. I couldn’t believe how close we had been since yesterday. Although there were a lot of awkward moments, I could tell we were both trying to work this out. Nana ssi wasn’t hard at all, she moved to the flow. It’s for the sake of the show, wasn’t it? I thought.

                As I snapped a look from her, I felt a thud inside me. What was that? I did eat breakfast by why did I suddenly feel drain? I lost my focus and it was only Nana who’s at my sight. I felt an abrupt change of motion. Everything was beginning to start moving slowly. Nana started to speak to me but I couldn’t hear anything, I couldn’t.

“Jonghun ssi, are you alright?” She shook my shoulders vigorously and I came back to my senses. What was that? I just tottered my head and breathed heavily.

“Yeah, come one” and I realized we were at the university already.

Just as what I thought, there were only few students roaming around and much to my happiness, no one was playing in the soccer field. I wanted to own this moment.

I changed into my jersey attire. It appeared that I hadn’t grown any bigger for this jersey was last worn during my high school years, but I didn’t mind. I spotted Nana ssi sitting and leisurely playing with the ball. Her eyes went wide after seeing me, I wasn’t sure if she was surprise I was wearing my jersey or because I looked charming. I smiled at her and gestured to throw me the ball, but she did this merong thing and ran away. I stood for a minute and ran after her. I couldn’t catch my breath; she was running very fast that it made me lose my breath. I stopped for a while to get some air in my system; however, she kept on running like a kid. I just admired her, how could someone ran that effortless? I mean, for a girl. Her was freed from her ponytail, that added up to the drama. Everything was perfect.

“Jonghun sii, I thought you’re a soccer player? Why couldn’t you get the ball from the opponent?” She shouted and so I decided to run again after her, just then, a brilliant idea entered my mind.

“AHHHHH” I groaned. I pretended that I hurt my foot. It was the only way that I would stop her from running, I heard the stomps of her feet as she ran towards me.

“Omo, Jonghun ssi, are you alright?”

I grabbed her arm, she tried to back away but I was too strong, we both laughed to our childishness.

“Ha, I got you” I grinned.

“It seems like you’re the actor” She sarcastically commented.

“So what now? Are you going to show me or what?” With her hands on both her waist, she acted like she was losing her patience. Not to forget those eyes that made their way to hunt my consciousness.

“Ahrasso” I gave up. I showed her some tricks I learned back in highschool. I could tell she was a bit amazed for she nodded the whole time I was showing her the moves. Eventually, a university student came.

“After school Nana ssi!” The guy was eyeing my wife weirdly and so I moved to Nana’s side.

“Noona, may we take a picture?” The guy shyly asked.

“Ofcourse, come let’s take a picture”

“Jonghun ssi, can you.. uhm take a picture of us?” She was stuttering. I knew she was shy and felt too much to ask but I willingly agreed anyway.

As I was taking their photo, the university guy put his arms around Nana’s waist and she was startled and I could tell she wasn’t comfortable. I felt a sudden need to protect her.

“Why don’t you two do the peace sign instead?” It was the only way I could make his hands go away. His other hand was holding his books, thus, he didn’t have any choice but to use the one wrapped around nana’s. I saw her looked at me and bowed. To my easement, she felt more comfortable and gave her best smile.

I looked at the picture and I couldn’t agree less that she made that picture a piece of art.

I gave the phone back to the university guy. He thanked us and congratulated us and he left. Thanks God.

“Jonghun ssi, thankyou” She looked at me with those eyes. The eyes that led me to her deepest soul. I felt myself blush so I looked down. I couldn’t let her see myself blush.

“For what?” Still not looking, I pretended to know what she was thanking me for. I felt her brush her shoulders against mine.

“Yah, Do I really need to tell you?” She could be lots of everything. She never failed to make me laugh. I guessed being happy was the feeling she wanted to see from me and I gave her an A for that.

For the last time, I showed her what I got in Soccer. I saved the best for last. Ofcourse, being able to goal.  I also prepared myself from being embarrassed in front of her and of the few people. I couldn’t handle the tension I was feeling and so I reluctantly blurted out “If this shoots, we will have a happy marriage” I didn’t have the chance to look at her expression for I was to focus on not failing. I heard the University students shouted and cheered for me.

When I kicked the ball, I twitched my fingers like they were going to break, I badly wanted to score. I turned my back for a moment then I heard the students clapped. It was a goal and I couldn’t stop smiling. I looked at Nana ssi and she gave me her best smile, the smile that melted me under the sun’s heat.

“Did you see that?”

“Yah, with my two eyes, stop boasting already” She nudged me with her shoulders again then I laughed.

“So, we will have a happy marriage then” I said without looking at her cause anytime, I would blush.

“So it’s your turn now” I said, but she looked at me questionably.

“Ah yes, I almost forgot, come let’s go there” She pointed at the building beside the field. It looked like some kind of music hall.

I was right, it was a music hall, As soon as we got in, I was still confused on what we were doing here.  Was she going to dance in front of me? I thought. Then, she led me upon the stage and to my surprise, we sat on a piano chair.

“ I never had the chance to show this to anyone”.  She laid her fingers on the piano keys and started to play Yiruma’s River Flows in you, I could tell because of the rhythm. I never thought she knew how to play the piano very well. She was very into her it, her eyes were closed as she played. I was really amazed of how good she played, the way she moved her fingers on the keys, the way she seemed to forget everything, it was very professional. I just looked at her the whole time. I didn’t matter the time passing by for it was her moment, Nana’s moment. I couldn’t break that.

I gave her a standing ovation after she played, then she laughed.

“Yah, you can debut as a solo artist already” I complimented her. It was very true

“Anniyo, I’ll stick with After School, I’m happier”

“Okay if that’s what you want, but you’re really amazing with the piano”. I assured her but she just smiled. I felt that something was wrong.

“Come on? I’m hungry” She touched her stomach and I heard it growl. It was cute, actually.

“I can tell” Then she hit my arm lightly.  

We ate just outside the University because the University was getting a little crowded and the students kept on asking for our photos, We couldn’t take our hunger any longer.

“So I guess, this mission is a success?”Nana ssi became alive again when she was able to eat.

“Yes, I really think so” I, too, came back to life. We spent the whole morning playing around and it made me really tired.

We were in the middle of our lunch when I heard a familiar voice

“Hyung!” I looked towards the door. It was F.t island, my other members were here. I couldn’t think properly again. I was nearly choking. Why were there here? Was this part of the mission? Ofcourse, it was. You’re dead Jonghun, they would bury uou alive.

-TO BE CONTINUED TO EPISODE 3-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omo, too long. hihi I'm sorry, I lost in track,

Let me know what you think guise, please?