The Vacillations

Digital Love

“Hey, hey, hold your horses, man.” Arron slapped his forehead with his right hand and helped Calvin pull Jiro up with his left hand.

“Right!” Jiro exclaimed and stood up, fixing his disheveled and spiky-before hair, “My hair!” Jiro cried in horror, facing the mirror as he applied Gatsby that just popped out from nowhere.

“Don’t mind him,” Arron crossed his arms over his chest and sat on the cold, hard, marble-tiled floor, looking as if he’s meditating—thinking of something far more important than his friend’s matters and concerns.

“Hey Cal, before I forget…” All of a sudden, Chun spoke up as he led Calvin to the couch to settle down. “Happy birthday, man!” He held out his palm and high-fived Calvin.

“And as a result?” Calvin asked, resting his arms on his knees, expecting for something more from Chun. Particularly the dare, if I may say!

“What as a result?” Chun asked in confusion, his face full of undrawn conclusion. Meaning, he was clueless and had no options at all as to what Calvin’s talking about. It was as if time flew by as fast as it could, easy enough for Chun to make him forget what visions were running on his mind just lately.

“The dare!” Jiro chimed, rejoining the group with his hair all done once again.

“The dare…” Chun said, almost inaudible as he gulped and paled just thinking of the words.

“That reminds me…” All of a sudden, Arron rejoined once again. “Have you done what we told you to do?”

“I…” It took Chun a matter of meditation and a few minutes of process even before he could answer a simple yes-no question. “I—“

*ding dong*

“Holy” Calvin started – “Mother” Jiro continued – “of” Chun whispered – “Cows!” And Arron ran in frustration toward the door, wanting to see who actually disturbed their chit chat.

“Arron, stand back! I’ll get it, this is my home.” Chun exclaimed, acting all high and mighty, wanting to be the one to attend to the door, because he just wanted to escape of having to have to answer the one simple question whether or not he’s called the mystery-woman-who-I-don’t-know-is.

“Sir, your pizza delivery?” The man in red and black asked, reaching out the boxes of pizza unto Chun’s hand and then he immediately got it, even without thinking.

“Get the payment on the next door!” He exclaimed and shut the door close. Right after, he sped toward his friends and dragged two boxes of pizzas on the floor and ran for his life toward his room.

He sweat dropped like a pig. He handled and tossed the boxes of pizza unto the floor like it’s hot. He didn’t think twice and got the wrong delivery of pizza just because he wanted to escape one simple question.

‘What do I do?’ He asked himself, with his room door locked and everything. He paced back and forth, thinking, thinking, until he overdosed himself and lay down on his jumpy bed gently and lifted himself up once again when he heard yelling from outside the window.

--

Ella sweated a lot just thinking about what or how this anonymous caller of hers looks like. She, as well, just like Chun, thought of such horrendous stuff that could and might explode one’s mind just thinking off.

Selina, on the other hand, rather found Ella annoying for she’s been calling her name for ages, yet there wasn’t any reply. She just drew to the living room from the kitchen after backing cookies and placed them on a tray that was now lying flat on the coffee table right in front of her and Ella.

“Hey, Sel!” Ella exclaimed, pretending to be happy, alongside noticing that Hebe was no where to be seen. “Where’s Hebes?”

“Didn’t I tell you just a while ago that has a family reunion?” Selina enquired and busted Ella right on the spot, directing her to knowing that something seems to be happening inside her friend’s mind.

“Err…” Ella gritted her teeth and bit her lower lip, trying to think of what next she is to say. But, well… she ended up confessing it to Selina… Everything, indeed… “There’s something bothering me.”

“What is it?” Selina enquired yet again, as she swiped the sweat that was forming on the sides of her forehead just after having to have baked some cookies. “You know that you just can tell me right away, right, Elle?”

“Y-yeah,” Ella nodded in approval and crossed her arms over her chest.

“So, what’s the problem?” Selina, with her slow yet calm speaking voice, urged for Ella to tell it to her as soon as possible.

“It’s about this mystery caller,” Ella said. “You know… I don’t want to meet him, to tell you honestly.”

“What!?” Selina rose up a brow and Indian seated, and all of a sudden positioned to a thinking position with her chin resting upon her hands with her arms resting on her legs. Yeah, you get it, I know! I don’t think I don’t need any explaining no more, right?

“So…” Ella looked at Selina with a sheepish grin, as if she just thought of an idea.

“So…” Selina mocked, getting real impatient as to what Ella’s to say to her.

“I want you to be the one to meet him!” with Ella’s right pointer finger raised, she blurted the words out from and in front of Selina’s face.