The Planning

Digital Love

And so the two, Jiro and Selina from the nearby Nike entered Starbucks where they plan to push through and access their plans of action.

From her purse, Selina reached out for a pack of paper and a ball pen, ready to formulate plan A to B with Jiro.

“Exactly from this angle, girl would enter the restaurant as boy waits,” Selina nodded.

“From this angle, boy stands up from his seat and searches for girl in sight because he’s getting impatient. Once they see each other, boy would usher girl or call her over to have a seat.”

“Check,” Listening and watching over a list, Selina got all the details.

“Wait, wait, do we really know that they’ll exactly do all those?” Jiro enquired. “I mean… we haven’t even asked the two if they’d agree to our terms and conditions.”

“And to begin with,” Selina cut Jiro off and continued, “I haven’t really got a chance to know you, so why are we planning all these?”

“I certainly don’t know,” Jiro replied.

“Right!” Selina said in exclamation. “Let’s just go to Plan B.”

“But we don’t have a Plan B,” Jiro whined.

“We do now,” Selina put on her most evil grin.

“And what is it?” Jiro enquired.

“You and I would pretend as if we were couples,” Selina whispered as Jiro cried in horror of having to succumb over a little act.

“A couple that developed just for a day?” Jiro enquired. “Wouldn’t that be too obvious?”

“Okay, okay,” Selina gave up and surrendered. “That, I think, wouldn’t work the way I want it to. And well, who cares about you? Ella doesn’t even know you yet, so how will we make her jealous?”

“I know, right?” Jiro sarcastically enquired and smirked at the situation that they are in that isn’t even going anywhere. “I tell you…,” Jiro started again, “Let’s just stick to Plan A and invite the both of them to meet up wherever.”

“You know, I think you’re right!” Selina and Jiro once again agreed upon a thing.

--

In their minds, both Chun and Ella are asking, “Where the hell is Jiro/Selina? Are they having a good time? I should have just been the one to go. Who knows what may happen? Now, I’m regretting everything. And that Jiro/gal, he/she sounds real calming to me.”

--

After the long planning, Jiro and Selina decided to go home. Jiro, being the gentleman that he is still had to drop Selina by Ella’s house, but he didn’t come down.

“Hey, by the way…” Selina whispered and pointed at Ella’s house. “This house we’re in, it’s not mine. It’s Ella’s… the real master mind and then Selina giggled.”

--

Feeling a bit grumpy, Ella had to cross her arms over her chest and waited until Selina had to open the door and tell him the outcome of the meet-up. She didn’t yet know that Selina’s back, but she felt frustrated just thinking about what may have happened during the meet-up.

And then, out of the blue, the door to Ella’s room flung open and in came a happy and pouncy-looking Selina.

“Hmph,” Ella rolled her eyes and rolled the office chair she was sitting on at the moment a few times before she spoke again, “I bet you had fun, I bet you’ve developed to the next level. I bet…” Ella stopped midway and thought of what to say next.

On the other hand, Selina raised a brow up and wondered what her friend is talking about. She wondered why Ella was acting like that, but then didn’t approach her for she knew much better than teasing her.

“So, how was the meet-up?” Ella enquired. “As I’ve said from before… I bet you had fun just by the look on your face. I wonder what you two are going to do next. I bet, I bet, I bet.” She repeated again and again and had to end it ‘till… “In all honesty—“

“Elle, you’re over reacting,” Selina laughed and patted the shoulders of her friend. “He wasn’t the one who you’re making a call to everyday. He isn’t the one who you told me you called.”

“What do you mean?” Ella enquired and jerked her head a little as she freed her arms that were tightening every minute over her chest and then raised a brow in confusion of what Selina was talking about.

“He isn’t Chun Wu,” and then the truth was revealed, without Ella having a clue about it.

--

On the other hand, Jiro, without Chun’s knowledge had walked inside the neighborhood of Chun’s father’s garden and door belled a few times before the door was answered by a disheveled-looking Chun.

“What in the world happened?” Jiro enquired, seeing that his friend pretty much looks haggard at the moment. His hair was messed up as if a typhoon just came to Taipei to sweep off his hair and disorganize it like a plant in need of serious caring.

‘It hasn’t been a day since he called me and told me to meet-up with Selina,’ Jiro thought, ‘So, why has he been like this?’

“Looks like you had so much fun,” Chun started, ignoring Jiro’s question. “What did happen? You seriously should update me.”

With the tone of his, Jiro could easily identify that he was jealous. ‘Maybe he felt a bit or a pang or tinge of jealous,’ he thought.

But really, what is there to be jealous about someone who you haven’t even met?

“By the way, Selina came,” Jiro said as he settled on one of the sofas on Chun’s living room.

“Who’s Selina?” Chun enquired.

“Ella’s substitute,” Jiro replied and pretty much, Chun was confused.