The Meeting

Digital Love

The past day flew by so fast that the day actually ended and a new day brought up and shone the sun once again. Chun hasn’t yet confirmed to Jiro that he wanted him to be the one appointed to meet the mystery girl, but he’s going to tell him this afternoon or this very early in the morning just so they’d keep track of the time. And yes, yes, he wants Jiro to come!

And so he texted him:

Hey dude! Wat’s up?
To tell u the very truth…
I’ve been wanting to tell u since yesterday…
Here goes:

I’d like u to do me a favor.
Yes, a favor!
Oh, pls, Jiro, yellow monkey-haired dude.
I vow not to tease u of the very sort if u just do this:

I want u to meet someone.
She knows ur Jiro.
@ Nike, in front of TYU at abt 4 PM wen it’s very windy outside so that both of u cud enjoy.

Tnx, bye & hav a gud tym!

And then he sent it and received a quick reply:

Dude, is this sum kind of joke?

And then Chun replied:

No, of course not!
I promise u that it’ll be worth it, indeed.
`Kayy, bye, I don’t hav load anymore. :-h

--

About 2:00 PM, Chun aka ‘Jiro’ for Ella texted her and told her to meet him in front of Tai Yuan University’s Nike at about 4:00 PM. With that, Ella told Selina who recently agreed to the plan and packed her things for the very big event meet-up.

--

That afternoon, before the meet-up, Selina took-a-bath, put some make-up and walked off her house merrily. Right in front of Tai Yuan University, she waited yet no one came until the clock strike 4:30 PM. At that time, she was about to give up, walking off to who knows where when out no where, Jiro jumped out and crashed to Selina, causing her to get out of balance and land on a pile of mud.

“YOU JERK!” Losing all her poise in an instant, she yelled, accepted Jiro’s helping hand and thrashed him onto the floor right after she’s settled herself on the hard ground surface. “You deserve that!” She exclaimed yet again, looking all embarrassed because all over her pretty outfit was stains of mud.

Jiro, on the other hand, was bewildered. He didn’t know that one girl could be this outrageous, wild, horrendous and all of the scary adjectives he could think off.

Yet, instead of blowing off his temper and planning to conduct a good scolding toward her, he still managed to say sorry and offer to Selina whether she’d like to have her outfit replaced and so without second thought, she did agree, not wanting to have further arguments just because of the stupid ‘falling-onto-the-pile-of-mud’ stuff.

“I’m really very sorry,” Jiro uttered as soon as possible that Selina stepped out from the dressing room of Top Girl.

“Err…” Selina was too lost for words. In a typical and not-so-ideal kind of world, she would’ve thought that no guy is like Jiro. But unfortunately, right in front of her or perhaps beside her, stood one. “I’m really very sorry as well.”

Jiro, instead of making the conversation longer, looked at his wristwatch that approximately read 5:30 in the evening.

“OH, GOD!” He yelled and looked at Selina with a jaw dropped expression. “I almost forgot to meet that girl at 4:00 PM!!”

“Who? What? Wait!” Selina enquired, inquired, stated, yet Jiro has sped off easily. And then she looked at her watch as well that read 5:32, just after Jiro sped off and then ran as fast as she can in front of Nike just to check out if anyone by the name Jiro is still there, waiting.

--

As soon as Jiro and Selina arrived at the scene, both of them leaned in, crouched and waited a little more if perchance someone who they were looking for showed up. When Selina realized that the guy who helped her was still there, out of curiosity, she asked him as to whom he’s waiting for.

“Excuse me,” Selina started as she walked towards Jiro.

Jiro, who a little later on felt a bit scared with Selina backed off a little.

On the other hand, Selina who immediately noticed it bit her lower lip and patted his shoulder.

“By any chance, are you waiting for somebody?” she asked.

“Yes,” Jiro immediately replied and ran a hand through his blonde streaked hair.

“May I ask what your name is?” Selina enquired. “I mean it’s not that I assume that the guy who I’m waiting for is you, but we’ve been bumping to each other the minute I arrived here.”

“I’m Jiro,” without further ado, Jiro replied and Selina immediately jumped for joy.

“I knew it had to be you!” Selina exclaimed, and raised her right pointer up. “And so it’s you. It really is you.”

“Do I know you?” Jiro enquired with a quizzical look on his face as to who this lady is in front of him. He completely forgot the fact that he’ll be meeting someone in Nike already because of so much exhaustion.

“I’m Selina,” Selina offered a handshake as Jiro gladly accepted it.

“So, who really are you?” Jiro enquired again.

Feeling tired, Selina hit the back of Jiro’s head and glared at him.

“Aren’t you forgetting that you’d have to meet someone today?” Selina enquired as Jiro whined in pain, massaging the back of his head.

“Oh, right!” Jiro exclaimed. “Then, I’m heading off.”

“To who knows where?” Selina enquired. “Dammit, Jiro Wang! I’m the girl who you’re supposed to meet and by any chance, if you forget, I’m just a proxy.”

Upon hearing his name, Jiro spun around to meet the face of Selina yet again.

“You’re the one Chun wanted me to meet?” Jiro enquired.

“Who’s Chun?” Selina enquired.

“Chun’s the one who told me to meet you,” Jiro replied.

“And same goes for me…” Selina whispered, “Seriously, I’m not Ella, but why do I have to be here?”

“Who’s Ella?” Jiro enquired.

“She’s just the one who really is supposed to be here,” Selina replied.

“Then, it clearly states that we aren’t really the one who are supposed to meet,” Jiro said in exclamation with a sheepish grin plastered on his face.

“Exactly!” Selina agreed upon what he just said. “And sadly, I don’t really know what I’ll do with you. Ella just told me to be her substitute and all. I never knew that the guy I’ll be meeting would be this dumb as to forgetting that he should meet someone.”

“What did you say?” Jiro enquired, his hands over his chest as he neared toward Selina.

“I said that I have a plan,” Selina said.

“And what is it?” Jiro enquired.

“Since we aren’t the real victims here, let’s get our brains in action to let the two masterminds who met each other through call and text meet.”

“Let the games begin!”

--

Next chapter would be entitled: The Planning