Chapter 15

'Golden Mary'

 

\ \ \ \ \
 
A gold sign on the company’s solid exterior read: Samsung Group. The richest, most powerful family owning business that had been passed down from generation to generation was now led by Noh Ki Young. It was a grand company overfilled with smart businessmen and women, all of high status and had obtained their master’s degrees - a diploma that had written out their waiting future. There was no doubt that each smart employee was highly looked upon and paid a high wage. Samsung Group even offered the finest insurance policies, is partnership belonging to the fine Kyobo Life. 
 
However, all that didn’t matter at the moment as Luhan burst through the spinning glass doors. He hadn’t even bothered to glance up at the marvelous gold sign outside that read: Samsung Group. His legs carried him toward the shiny black desk curved into the shape of a fine oval. A woman with a face dabbed in white makeup, fake lashes, and fine lips covered in sparkly pink lipstick smiled at him. 
 
“Where is he?” Luhan demanded. “Is my father here? In his office? Or is he abroad?” 
 
The woman blinked rapidly surprised by his sudden roar of demand. “Excuse me?” 
 
A group of businessmen and women paced by through the doors, some heading out, but none seemed to pay attention to the attendant since they seemed too busy with their work. 
 
“Noh Ki Young,” he emphasized each word carefully. 
 
“Eh?” she raised an eyebrow tilting herself away from the desk at Luhan’s unhappy glare. 
 
“My father, Noh Ki Young,” Luhan demanded. 
 
The woman’s lips trembled nervously and Luhan couldn’t bring himself to feel sorry for her at all. Losing sight of An Kor had strung him hard and he wasn’t going to leave unless he found out why he’d gone to Jeju Island. 
 
“Ah-ha!” a loud laugh of exclamation from behind interrupted. 
 
Within a moment’s time, an arm threw itself across Luhan’s shoulders and he turned to see a skinny middle aged man smiling at him. There seemed to be a deep dent on either side of his forehead where he was balding. Luhan met his dark eyes again before he allowed himself to be wheeled away from the desk. Chung Hee waved to the woman behind the desk while leading Luhan toward the front doors. Once they neared a sitting area, Luhan tossed his arm off. 
 
“Isn’t our President’s son spicy?” he sarcastically remarked. 
 
Luhan stared at him, “What are you doing?” 
 
The man, in his floppy colored suit smiled before crossing his arms. 
 
“The President is on a plane to America for a market brand meeting,” Im Chung Hee told. 
 
Luhan turned away ready to leave before Chung Hee’s voice stopped him. 
 
“I heard the President spent a fortune…” 
 
Luhan slightly turned around and stared at him. 
 
“On the new branch,” Chung Hee continued teasing with that smirk of his. “Oh, and that he’s going to swallow LG whole.”
 
Feeling kind of pissed off Luhan pushed the door open and walked out, his blood surging through him. 
 
\ \ \ \ \
 
Time had finally come and once the sun had began to set Victoria and Seohyun had left their barren apartment. Once they got to Park Side the sky would eventually be blackened. 
 
They stepped off the bus and walked around a bit before tying their hair up and trailed down the path Donghae had showed Victoria. Seohyun followed her silently and soon enough they met with the gates that separated Yun Man’s home from the apartment buildings. 
 
“Really? This?” Seohyun asked from behind. 
 
Victoria raised her hand over the gate and watched it interestingly. 
 
“Do you think we’ll trigger an alarm by passing over this?” Victoria wondered. 
 
“They might as well have set up a laser maze here,” Seohyun took a step forward so she was beside Victoria. 
 
“Oh well, lets go,” Victoria said climbing over the small gate. 
 
Seohyun followed. 
 
The solid path ran for a while. A clear line of trees followed them along the sidelines until an outdoor light sparkled in the night. It wasn’t as majestic as Victoria had thought it to be, but it was a small home resting on the top of the hill out looking the rest of the city. Its rocky exterior deemed the home expensive and the two stood in spot staring at its outline. 
 
A round yard of grass isolated from the rest of the path was the only thing blocking their route. Victoria found herself searching around for any cars and found none. There wasn’t a speck of an inanimate object, however the house hadn’t been left unguarded. If there really was a room full of jewels as Donghae had said, Victoria was sure that even if no one was home there would for sure be the guards left behind. 
 
She grabbed Seohyun’s wrist and led her into the grassy yard using a tree to hide their presence. Poking a head out Victoria once more glanced over at the two guards at the front of the house. There would be more at the back of the house, but problem was where was she going to enter the house from? Would any of the guards happen to have a key on them? 
 
“Back, or front?” Victoria asked. 
 
“Huh?” Seohyun turned to look at her. 
 
“If we break in through the front door, we might lose our cover,” Victoria started, “there doesn’t seem to be anyone in the house. Back door?” 
 
“What about an alarm system?” Seohyun questioned. 
 
Victoria bit her bottom lip running it through her mind. 
 
“Well, if the police comes here we’ll just have to flee like last time,” Victoria said. 
 
Seohyun glanced at her before sighing. A moment later they were creeping their way beyond the trees toward the back of the house. There were only two other guards at the back of the house and Victoria wondered why. Whatever the case, she wasn’t granted the time to think. If they were going to sweep the home, they only had a matter of minutes to do so. 
 
Swallowing her saliva Victoria and Seohyun glanced at each other before nodding. As if on the same wavelength the two jumped out from the shadows. 
 
Victoria locked her arms around the guard’s neck and flipped him onto the ground, in a matter of seconds he flipped back up and tossed a fist out at her screaming for backup. Victoria quickly dodged a grab for her and kicked him in the stomach. Unable to grab a clear foothold the guard fell onto the grass.
 
“What’s going on!?” the other two from the front suddenly appeared from the side of the house. 
 
Tossing her head back Victoria did a quick backward flip and as her feet started toward the ground she allowed it to ram into the guard’s sudden face. A grunt of pain was released from his mouth before Victoria landed on the ground with her feet. Elbowing him in the back she grabbed onto his sides before leaning herself against his back. Feeling her arms strain she jumped against the ground a few times to ready herself for the sudden move. Steadying her breathing she let out a small grunt as she lifted both their bodies into the air for another flip. 
 
As she lunged one of her legs forward Victoria thought she could feel her own back breaking due to the guard’s weight. In another second as her other leg followed the first one, she gritted her teeth tightly clutching the guard’s shirt. A few seconds later she’d tossed the guard atop the other one on the ground and quickly stood up, a hand at her lower back. 
 
“Ah…,” she swore from the pain and losing her sudden balance knocked into the house before sliding to the ground. 
 
\ \ \ \ \
 
Her elbow quickly collided with the esophagus in the guard’s throat and she seriously heard a breathless gasp come from the guard before his eyes rolled back. Disgusted with the sight of the whites of his eyes she stepped to the side to watch him fall to the ground. Rubbing her elbow she turned to watch Victoria oust the other guard before her and turned at the voices coming from the other side of the house. The two guards from the front of the house had suddenly appeared. 
 
As Victoria tackled the other one Seohyun sprinted forward to take on the other. Without warning she tossed the back of her hand into his face. Next she ruthlessly kicked him in the stomach with her knee, hands on his shoulders, pushing him onto the ground. Running a hand up his throat and covering his mouth with the other, she cut off his air circuit. He wriggled underneath her strongly, but Seohyun pinned him in spot with her weight resisting the prying fingers and nails digging into her hands. He’d almost successfully pried her hands off but his body went limp a second later. 
 
Climbing off him Seohyun got to her feet and turned to look at Victoria who was now leaning against the house as if drained from energy. 
 
“That was one vicious attack,” Seohyun commented pulling her to her feet. 
 
Victoria almost doubled over before reaching a hand down to her lower back. 
 
“Hurt a lot?” Seohyun almost sympathized with the flexible Victoria. 
 
“Did you kill him? You cut their air off,” Victoria said.
 
“They’re not dead,” Seohyun answered, “the moves weren’t powerful enough to kill them straight.” 
 
“So you would kill them?” Victoria asked, her face scrunched up. 
 
“Well…” Seohyun stopped, “not really. It’s just for the job.” 
 
Victoria turned away from her still in pain, “Open the door.” 
 
“Yes, yes,” Seohyun lazily mumbled before taking a few steps back and ran forward ramming her foot into the wooden door. 
 
It opened with a slam and bounced off the kitchen wall. Before them was a dark kitchen and a dark hallway. 
 
\ \ \ \ \
 
The lounge was full and every inch of every table was occupied by busy drinkers and talkers. At the center of all the busybodies, Siwon poured Donghae another drink, their table full of snacks and food. 
 
“Ahjumma!” someone shouted in the midst of all the deafening chatter.
 
Siwon rubbed his ear and glanced at Donghae who had taken complete advantage of him. They were currently down on their third drink after their boring day of just searching for that unrecognizable thief on Siwon’s piece of paper. 
 
Donghae took another gulp of his shot and set it on the table, his eyes still visibly clear. Siwon was pretty aware of the fact that Donghae was somewhat buzzed since he’d had the most of the every drink. 
 
Donghae, he learned, loved talking and Siwon was even more surprised to find out that just like Seohyun he was very easy to talk to. Earlier the two had shared some of their similarities while growing up and Siwon discovered that Donghae had been almost alone as he had felt. Even with a well off family with a good reputation, Siwon had been lonely. And loneliness was where his and Donghae’s worlds collided. That was what Siwon wanted to believe. The two of them weren’t very different. 
 
“I like Victoria.” 
 
Siwon looked up at Donghae whose eyes were hanging low. 
 
“Do you like her too?” 
 
Siwon shifted in his seat so that he was sitting up straight. 
 
“But women, you know, no matter how much of a failure you are they don’t want you. They want someone who’s good looking, handsome with a lot of money. And me, I’m just a nobody.”
 
Siwon tried to bring up a smile, “What are you talking about?” 
 
“You don’t, you don’t like her, do you?” Donghae asked shaking his head. 
 
Siwon stared back at him. “Who?” 
 
“Victoria, I just said it.” 
 
“Oh…” Siwon allowed the customers to drown out his voice. 
 
What did he feel about it? Did he like her too? Would liking her ruin the relationship he currently had with Donghae? All in all, what only mattered was if he liked her or not, right? 
 
He ran the thoughts over and over in his mind. Siwon couldn’t differentiate his feelings for either Seohyun or Victoria. The two of them possessed qualities that made them stand out in his eyes. He was practically sure he was a bad guy if he wavered like this continuously. Then had he not liked the movie theater date with Victoria? No, he liked it, he’d enjoyed it. What about the peck on the cheek from Seohyun? Siwon didn’t dislike it. They both made his heart race and unconditionally too. 
 
Siwon felt himself fall into a deep pit. Wasn’t it too soon to declare whether he had feelings for one or the other? How could he just make a decision right on the spot? 
 
“Yah…do you even have to think about it?” Donghae asked from across him. 
 
But Donghae had already declared his feelings for Victoria, and Siwon wasn’t one to steal from a friend. Once more he stared into Donghae’s eyes and smiled. 
 
“No.” 
 
Donghae let out a loud sigh of relief before drowning into the table. 
 
“Seohyun’s not bad, I like her too.” Siwon said quietly while staring at the knocked out Donghae. 
 
A few minutes later Siwon glanced at Donghae who was slumped into an uncomfortable sleep in the back seat as he cruised down the street toward Donghae’s place. Without the radio on, Siwon found himself plunged into a kind of silence he didn’t like. But if he the radio, he’d disrupt his friend’s sleep and Siwon would want that as a last on his list. 
 
Parking at the front of the building, he helped Donghae up, and hiked through the expensive building across the shiny floors toward the elevator. When he got inside he pressed the floor number and looked around. Earlier, Donghae had talked about money as if he didn’t have any, but looking around Donghae’s apartment building made Siwon think otherwise. Siwon was feeling somewhat more confused now. 
 
Stepping out into the clear hallway he walked passed each solid black door, their silver handles glinting the reflection of each hallway light. Finally reaching Donghae’s apartment, he dug into his sweater and pulled out a key. Asserting it into the lock, Siwon watched as it turned successfully before stepping into Donghae’s apartment. 
 
He first came to a stop when he saw what his apartment beheld. There was a clean white counter in the kitchen to his right, two stools sitting out front, neat black cupboards, and even a clear black stove. Siwon’s mouth gaped open at the sight before walked in with the door closing after him. Then he glanced into the room on his left to discover that it was more plain than a library sitting room. 
 
However impressive his apartment was, it was quite empty, Siwon realized. Donghae hadn’t decorated it with anything that would tell anyone else it was his place. Without further thought he pushed the door in front of him open and discovered a huge mattress blanked in a jade green color. And just like any other room in the apartment, his bedroom had less to see. 
 
Situating his knocked out friend into his bed, Siwon carefully tucked him in, and set his keys onto his bedside table before turning to walk out. Outside of his bedroom, Siwon found himself fondling with his phone before he crossed Victoria’s name. If he were to get Victoria and Donghae closer he might as well let her know Donghae was drunk. Siwon listened as the phone rang continuosly until her voicemail picked up. 
 
Holding his phone in front of him he ended the call and wondered if he was just doing it because he wanted to hear her voice.    
 
\ \ \ \ \
 
Victoria stared down the hall and ushered Seohyun to close the back door. Once they were concealed in neat darkness again, Victoria strode forward calmly. The hallway shortly intersected another two hallways. One on the left, one on the right, a room in front. Lifting her hand off her lower back she glanced around the darkness unable to grab anything to her sight. 
 
“A fool wouldn’t just leave the ‘Golden Mary’ anywhere,” Victoria thought to herself before turning to Seohyun, “where do you think he’d hide it?” 
 
“Bedroom or office,” Seohyun replied looking around as well. 
 
“Where are the stairs?” Victoria turned to stare down her left. 
 
“This way, it’s over there.” Seohyun said matter of factly.
 
Victoria followed her down the hallway and climbed up the stairs. She was right, no one was home and the house had been left poorly guarded. Victoria still couldn’t figure out why the guards were so weak in strength. Perhaps, Yun Man expected thieves of civilian standard? 
 
“The house is quite empty,” Seohyun spoke at a normal talking voice unafraid. “Should we search every nick and nook?” 
 
Victoria eyed the area for more details of the hallway. 
 
“Go ahead.” 
 
Seohyun turned into the first room and rummaged through a few drawers. Victoria felt her own way down the hallway by simply grasping each wall until she felt a doorknob. Pulling every drawer and hidden cupboard open she didn’t get anything but phonebooks, business cards, and photo albums. 
 
Victoria tried another room, another, and another. At the next door she found herself staring at glass cases which stored sparkling jewels. She glanced around wide eyed and couldn’t help but step into the room. Victoria stared into each glass case grabbing sight of each jewel tucked away safely inside their locked cases. In a few seconds she found herself picture Donghae gaping at them as if he’d never seen such fine jewelry before. Victoria was sure he’d take more than just one and hop out of there before the cops were called in. 
 
“Victoria,” Seohyun called her from the door. 
 
Victoria spun around alarmed. 
 
“What are you doing?” Seohyun asked. 
 
“Oh…nothing.” Victoria shook her head. “Anything?” 
 
Seohyun shook her head in return, “It’s not here.” 
 
“We should leave.” 

***And here we have Siwon who sees that Donghae is as much lonely as he ^^ Something they can relate to each other about. And this night when they drank together will force Siwon to choose 'who' between the girls he will go after :)

***And we finally have a successful infiltration by Vic & Seo, but in the end they didn't find what they were looking for

***Luhan will start suspecting them the more they disappear and the more he hears about the break-ins, plus Vic & Seo will learn new things about him heh~
 
***I was wondering if any of you would ever ask me if anybody had checked if Donghae had really come from a police academy or checked out his background, and finally someone did! Looks like there are people who wonder about my story too ^^ I'm glad to hear that :) And don't worry, I've got that covered already! The clarification to that will come out soon!