Chapter 11

Of This I Am Certain

 

Training was hard, but it was nothing compared to rooming with Do Kyungsoo.  The boy had no idea how irresistibly adorable he was, whether it was cutting kimchi, humming a song to himself, or doing absolutely nothing.  Any inch of milky-white skin he showed made Kai’s heart jump, and he’d long since avoided their room after Kyungsoo took a shower.  There were nights he couldn’t sleep with the close sound of Kyungsoo’s breathing, wondering what he was dreaming about and at the same time berating himself for being so pathetic. 

 

Kai had no idea how to act around him.  He alternated between actively trying to avoid him and watching him closely.  He was always hanging around when Kyungsoo was cooking, complaining that he was hungry and asking for more.  But other times, like when Kyungsoo was chatting with Baekhyun, he’d spend hours playing games with Sehun, refusing to look at him. 

 

He knew it wasn’t good to have feelings for another member, but he couldn’t make them go away.  Like the time Kyungsoo first suggested the ridiculous stage name D.O. and insisted it sounded cool, it was all he could do not to kiss him, to steal those thick lips he tried to forget.  Luckily, he had never been easily distracted while dancing, so practice became something of a refuge. 

 

The most unnerving thing was that he didn’t know what Kyungsoo felt.  At times he wanted to confess, but he wasn’t even sure if Kyungsoo liked guys.  If he told him then, that would ruin everything.  When Kai went shirtless, his hyung seemed more preoccupied with where he’d thrown the shirt.  But he never heard him mention girls, and there were times when he stared at Chanyeol or Baekhyun…He didn’t want to think about it. 

 

He hated feeling so out of control.  He needed to get Kyungsoo’s attention, and he wanted to try something…  It wasn’t too long before he had the perfect opportunity.

 

It was time to head home for the night, but Kyungsoo hung back by the practice room wall.  When Chanyeol turned back for him, he shook his head.  “You go on.  I’m going to keep practicing.”

 

Kai couldn’t believe his luck.  Now’s my chance.  “I’ll stay too,” he chimed in.  Kyungsoo mouthed a thank you when he met his gaze, and Kai’s already racing heart skipped a beat.

 

As he the music and Kyungsoo went over the steps they’d just learned, Kai lingered a bit before joining him.  With sweat glistening his brow and eyes deep in focus, his hyung looked fierce.  It was a side of Kyungsoo he usually didn’t get to see, and Kai liked it quite a bit. 

 

He practiced with Kyungsoo for several minutes, still working up some courage.  When they got up to the hip roll, though, he couldn’t stand it any longer.  He had to do act now, or he never would. 

 

With much more confidence than he felt, he placed his hands on Kyungsoo’s waist as if to guide him.  He’d done this before in practice, but this time he stood so close his back grazed his chest.  He smirked as he watched Kyungsoo’s flustered expression in the mirror.  He moved his hips in circles two..three..four times before squeezing his sides and letting go.  He took a few steps back and watched him curiously.  Kyungsoo had stopped moving.

 

“You’re cute, hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo twirled around to face him, eyes as wide as dinner plates.  “What did you say?”

 

“I said,” Jongin purred, stepping right up to his hyung, leaning in until he was a hair’s breadth from his face.  “You’re cute.”

 

And then it happened.  He pressed his lips against the very corner of Kyungsoo’s mouth and somehow, slowly, pulled back.  Before turning away, he noticed with amusement that Kyungsoo’s eyes had snapped shut. Expectantly, perhaps.

 

He bounded out on shaking legs, lips still tingling.  He knew it was a tease, but it was something, and probably all he could handle right now.  His thoughts were a mess, and he needed to get back and fall asleep – or at least pretend to - before Kyungsoo returned.  He couldn’t face him nor potential rejection just yet.

 

While back in the practice room, Kyungsoo stood frozen, alone and very confused. 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kai is such a flirt, I'm so sorry.  This was one of the first scenes I imagined.  It was inevitable.

Couple things.  First,  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS AND CONGRATULATIONS!  It really means a lot to me<3

Second, as coffee_donuts pointed out, Kyungsoo basically confessed his feelings. IN REAL LIFE.  Reality is like the best KaiSoo story out there, so you all better subscribe kkk.  I'm still spazzing about it!

@iLLiad  LOL, thank you darling!  To be honest, I kind of did the same.  Crushing on my own story >_<

@WeirdoTheGreat  GuLLL, still rolling like a buffalo! Love you <3 (but not as much as Kai loves dem D.O.nuts...)

@Dibidis  All the EXO members are beyond adorable.  How are they even real? Seriously.

@panzym  Haha, I'm glad you liked it ^^  And yes, Kyungsoo has some pretty strange...habits.  Still love him, though!

@jaeehmseu  A FANBOY?!  *Hearteu*

@pauchii  Hurray, new reader!! It did take Jongin awhile, didn't it? Silly boys...

THANKS AGAIN!  WILL UPDATE REALLL SOON ;)