Flashbacks Part 2

After A Long Time

 

Sunny went home and there were scattered divorce papers on the floor. She went upstairs to see. She saw her mother who desperately tried to contact her father who was abroad at that time.

 

 “What’s with you?” Her mother asked herself. She was already panicking, her make-up was ruined with all of the tears that kept pouring on her tired face, and she shook her head, and said, “Why did you marry this insolent man?”

 

 “Mom, what’s the problem?”

 

 “Sunny, your father wanted to divorce with me.”

 

 “Mom, you should go to bed.”

 

Sunny’s mother suffered a tremendous nervous breakdown when her father ran away with another woman and went straight to New York. He kept sending her the divorce papers each week he could. Her mother was always panicking and mumbling to herself how the loss of a family member affected her life.

 

 “Mom, are you hungry?” Sunny asked her. She tried her best to cook the most delicious food she could ever do but her mother was sleeping.

 

 “Good thing, you are sleeping soundly, mom.” Sunny tried to cover her mom with the blanket and kiss her cheeks. She slowly went down to eat but lost her appetite. She cleaned the place and found the letter which his father was sending to them ever since he went to New York.

 

Sunny cried rivers of tears while reading how he replaced them with a woman who already divorced twice. She slowly tore the entire letters and threw them all in the trash bin. She hated her father for leaving her alone but most of all for making her mother suffer.

 

Sunny woke up. She didn’t have the motivation to go to school so she just slept more. While cuddling her pillow, she saw a man’s figure in her room. She almost gasped due to fright. The man opened the curtains and there she saw Lee Sungmin bothering her life again.

 

 

 “What are you doing here?”

 

 “Hmmm…let’s go for a jog.”

 

 “What are you talking about? It’s already 9. How did you go inside?”

 

 “Your mother said it was fine. I also brought a lunch box for us to eat.”

 

 “What, where’s my mom?”

 

 “She’s out for work. Let’s go sleepy head.”

 

           

Sunny was dragged in the kitchen. She was served with food. Take note, all of her favorite foods where there. But, she didn’t bother to ask him because it might only hurt her head if he’d be scolding her after.

           

 “Oh, stand. You should brush you teeth and clean your face! Onto the bathroom”

 

 “Why?” She was again forced to his will.

 

 “Aigoo~ You’re a girl yet. Wear this.” Sunny wore the head band.

 

 “You’re really annoying.” She let him brush her teeth and wash his face.

 

 “Done. Now, dry yourself. I’ll go to the kitchen.”

 

 “Tsk. Why didn’t he dry it for me also?”

 

 

Sunny with the towel on he shoulders sat down. She ate the food. “Oh…it’s good. You’d make a good wife…oh..I mean husband.” The two of them laughed together.

 

 “Hey…go to school tomorrow, okay?”

 

 “I knew it. Did my uncle tell you to do that? Aish..really..”

 

“No, It’s voluntary. Oh..I got to make a quick phone call.” Sungmin went outside.

 

 

 But, the cunning Sunny followed him and heard of the conversation.

 

 

 “No…what are you talking about? I’m sick. It was sudden but…” Sungmin suddenly stopped.

 

 “I told you that this is not an excuse. Huh? You might fail me. You’re really inhuman.” Sungmin’s voice cowered and almost kicked the trash bin violently.

 

 

Sungmin hunged up. “Aish…they don’t even care about a student’s disappearance without any excuse. Sungmin caught a glimpse of Sunny. He went to her and asked, “Did you hear our conversation?”

 

“What would you go far for me?”

 

“Because…you’re my stud---…you’re a friend of mine and a very special one.”

 

“Really?” Sunny shyly smiled. "Gumawo." Sungmin patted her head.

 

“Let’s go. I’d take you somewhere."

 

“Huh?”

 

Sunny changed her clothes and quickly followed Sungmin. They were just walking past the buildings on Sunny’s neighborhood. They looked like a couple on a date.

 

“Ah…where are you taking me?”

 

“Here we are.”

 

“Huh?”

 

They arrived in an old playground. Sungmin came to the swing and waved, “Here.” Sunny just followed his childish uptakes.

 

“Sit.”

 

“No.”

 

“Tsk. Just sit.”

 

She sat and Sungmin swung in back and forth. Sunny couldn’t hide her smile. After Sungmin got tired, “Aigoo~ let’s go grab a snack.”

 

“Ei…it’s still early.”

 

“ I think I’ve lost 10 years of my life.” Sungmin was touching his chest while coughing.

 

“Tsk. You’re old. I’ll buy ice cream.”

 

Sunny went for the ice cream parlor. She bought her favorite flavor of ice cream and just anything to Sungmin since she didn’t know what his taste.

 

She happily came back with the ice cream cones on her both hands. “He’d be happy with this.” But, she suddenly dropped the two ice creams.  Her eyes widened and she couldn’t believe her eyes. “How could it be?”